Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 8 rankings

Default Week 8 rankings

Repeat of last week. Near unanimous for the Zags. Baylor with one first place vote. Too bad WV blew the game against Texas.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

CBS power rankings had a brief, but positive statement on the GU offense:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nca...power-36%3famp

It's so cool, Zags being so solidly #1. But it's also kind of boring. I used to look every week to see if they moved up, or down. How many votes between the nearest teams and the Zags to see if we'd overtake the teams above us, or if the teams below might overtake us. Now it's just #1, and no one's close. It's cool. And weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewey View Post
    It's so cool, Zags being so solidly #1. But it's also kind of boring. I used to look every week to see if they moved up, or down. How many votes between the nearest teams and the Zags to see if we'd overtake the teams above us, or if the teams below might overtake us. Now it's just #1, and no one's close. It's cool. And weird.
    Enjoy it now. Not many teams do what we do
    Qualified for 21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

I still watch to see if the Baylor holdout has seen the light.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    I still watch to see if the Baylor holdout has seen the light.
    I’ve got no problem with someone giving their vote to Baylor. They also are undefeated and mauling their opponents. I think it’s reasonable.

Here’s a player ranking. Gonzaga really represents!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...son-version-20

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post

4 of the top 20 players in the country? I’d be shocked but for the fact it is so well earned.

Staggering talent. Title team. (Fingers crossed)

Quote from Pope at BYU: “They have a chance to be a generational team.”

That’s right. Not just a great team, but a team that is one of the best for this generation. Those are strong words.

Don't look now but another team that plays top 25 teams almost every week in their conference is still undefeated. No its not Baylor. Care to take a guess?

Quote Originally Posted by ZAGS ATTACK BASKET View Post
    Don't look now but another team that plays top 25 teams almost every week in their conference is still undefeated. No its not Baylor. Care to take a guess?
    Michigan.

Not an insider anymore, can someone tell me what the 4 GU players are ranked.

Bingo bdmiller7 your answer is correct Michigan Wolverines.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Not an insider anymore, can someone tell me what the 4 GU players are ranked.
    In order: (3) Kispert, (6) Timme, (8) Suggs and (19) Ayayi.
    Last edited by ZagsObserver; 01-13-2021 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Put the ranking in

Yes but what were the Zag numbers, Zags Observer?

Bingo bdmiller7 your answer is correct Michigan Wolverines.
    Yes, they look good. They crushed their last two opponents, both ranked. However, those are the only two ranked teams they’ve played.

First of all no questioning Zags are number one. They must play as many top 25 teams as possible before the WCC season for obvious reasons.

Big Ten on the other hand has 6 teams currently in the top 25. The Zags odds are high they will remain undefeated all the way through the WCC Tournament.

Michigan on the other hand plays teams capable of beating them every game in the Big Ten.

Baylor has faced only one top #25 team so far and they are #2 rated team. They have had several top 25 rated team games canceled due to COVID. Of course they still have opportunity to face top 25 in their conference going forward.
    Last edited by ZAGS ATTACK BASKET; 01-13-2021 at 03:14 PM.

3. Corey Kispert: Great Offensive rating, 48% From 3pt

6. Drew Timme: Tache Power, Since Iowa has yet to pick up 4th foul and only 6 TO

8 Jalen Suggs:
    High Steal %, potential top pick that is delivering

19. Joel Ayayi:
    Team's best defensive rebounder, triple-double, 75% shooting inside the arc.

Yes, they look good. They crushed their last two opponents, both ranked. However, those are the only two ranked teams they’ve played.
    Watched some of that MICH/WISC game. I think Michigan was up 29-23, then went on a 41-6 run and blew them out if not mistaken. Howard seems to be a pretty good coach so far.

3. Corey Kispert: Great Offensive rating, 48% From 3pt

6. Drew Timme: Tache Power, Since Iowa has yet to pick up 4th foul and only 6 TO

8 Jalen Suggs:
    High Steal %, potential top pick that is delivering

19. Joel Ayayi:
    Team's best defensive rebounder, triple-double, 75% shooting inside the arc.
    Thanks, that is impressive.

First of all no questioning Zags are number one. They must play as many top 25 teams as possible before the WCC season for obvious reasons.

Big Ten on the other hand has 6 teams currently in the top 25. The Zags odds are high they will remain undefeated all the way through the WCC Tournament.

Michigan on the other hand plays teams capable of beating them every game in the Big Ten.
    In my opinion the big 10 is like the acc, they are the media darlings, and always going to be pumped up by the media, especially espn. To me the big ten is full of mediocre teams that just beat up on each other. Izzo and Michigan State is so loved by the media that they just assume that if these other teams beat Izzo they have to be great. Illinois beat duke early, but they don't take into account that this duke team is just not that good, even if espn will try to make you believe they are.
    Just check out the big 10 in the ncaa tournament every year most of these teams get beat early by supposed lesser teams, because big 10 teams are not athletic enough to compete against these lesser teams that are very athletic. This year will be no different big 10 teams will drop like flies when the tournament starts. They will however give Izzo the second easiest route to the final 4. The only team that will have an easier path to the final 4 will be duke. Just wait and see. It happens that way every year, and this year will be no different. This is just my opinion folks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    In my opinion the big 10 is like the acc, they are the media darlings, and always going to be pumped up by the media, especially espn. To me the big ten is full of mediocre teams that just beat up on each other. Izzo and Michigan State is so loved by the media that they just assume that if these other teams beat Izzo they have to be great. Illinois beat duke early, but they don't take into account that this duke team is just not that good, even if espn will try to make you believe they are.
    Just check out the big 10 in the ncaa tournament every year most of these teams get beat early by supposed lesser teams, because big 10 teams are not athletic enough to compete against these lesser teams that are very athletic. This year will be no different big 10 teams will drop like flies when the tournament starts. They will however give Izzo the second easiest route to the final 4. The only team that will have an easier path to the final 4 will be duke. Just wait and see. It happens that way every year, and this year will be no different. This is just my opinion folks.
    Yep. Some truth here. No big wins for Illinois OOC. The little bit I’ve seen of Michigan State makes me think they are no better than BYU. I was most unimpressed with them. Minnesota can play well, and so can Michigan.

TheOtherGreatOne checking the week 8 rankings Michigan State is not in the top 25. Think you might be getting sidetracked on teams you hate from the past.

However I detest Michigan State and Duke also (LOL).

Duke looks like they are working their way out of the top 25.

TheOtherGreatOne checking the week 8 rankings Michigan State is not in the top 25. Think you might be getting sidetracked on teams you hate from the past.

However I detest Michigan State and Duke also (LOL).

Duke looks like they are working their way out of the top 25.
    Don't worry if duke drops out, as soon as they win a game they will be back in no matter how bad the other team is, and the same for michigan state, if they beat the worst team in the confrence they will be back in the top 25.