Thread: Today’s Shout Out — Jalen Suggs

Default Today’s Shout Out — Jalen Suggs

First in a series of Shout Outs to individual members of my favorite Zag Team ever. The first one goes to Jalen Suggs. Here is my Shout Out. Jalen knows he is a One and Done. Jalen could easily have gone to another school that promised to showcase him and thus, maybe even enhancing how high up on the lottery he went. Arguably, he risked millions of dollars to go to a team where he prioritized developing his skills and being a part of something special. We are lucky to have him.

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    First in a series of Shout Outs to individual members of my favorite Zag Team ever. The first one goes to Jalen Suggs. Here is my Shout Out. Jalen knows he is a One and Done. Jalen could easily have gone to another school that promised to showcase him and thus, maybe even enhancing how high up on the lottery he went. Arguably, he risked millions of dollars to go to a team where he prioritized developing his skills and being a part of something special. We are lucky to have him.
    GREAT thread idea tyra. Completely agree with your take on Jalen.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

- thanks jalen for choosing gonzaga, may your time at gonzaga be as rewarding as you have made it thus far for zag fans.

- as an aside, jalen's 'giving' might well include assists on a national championship, and landing holmgren.

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    My only disagreement is that he probably made millions developing his skillset, a mature decision to forego brand names the likes of which the Hepas and Cherry's of the world couldn't ignore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

I also think that he is enhancing is draft status. He is showing all of his skills. Passing, defense, rebounding, assists and driving. He skill needs to keep working on his consistency from three point range, but everything else is GREAT. Also his teamwork has been enjoyable to follow. I feel he will be a high lottery pick and he has been earning it.

Love his game and team first mentality. Like to see him smiling more often. Was worried he was being to hard on himself early on. Total Gonzaga type of player.