Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: ESPN Week for Zags!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,289

    Default ESPN Week for Zags!

    Excited to be able to watch both games this week on ESPN! Pretty sweet extra motivation for the
    players to stay locked in and fired up. Doesn’t hurt recruiting efforts either.

    Zags vs Pepperdine Thursday @ 5:00 EST on ESPN2
    Zags vs Gaels Saturday @ 8 EST on ESPN

    Seems rather extraordinary to have back to back games vs WCC foes on ESPN for Zags. Word is out this team is must see tv. #ZagUp
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Seattle
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Has anyone seen viewer stats to date for Zag games on CBS and/or ESPN?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Excited to be able to watch both games this week on ESPN! Pretty sweet extra motivation for the
    players to stay locked in and fired up. Doesn’t hurt recruiting efforts either.

    Zags vs Pepperdine Thursday @ 5:00 EST on ESPN2
    Zags vs Gaels Saturday @ 8 EST on ESPN

    Seems rather extraordinary to have back to back games vs WCC foes on ESPN for Zags. Word is out this team is must see tv. #ZagUp
    The times are good for you. I will be at work and have to DVR them. That isn't a big problem but it also means I can't visit the forum or several other sites until I get home and watch. I don't like knowing the results. It seems to take away from the enjoyment for me.

    Wah. LOL
    It's not funny.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    The times are good for you. I will be at work and have to DVR them. That isn't a big problem but it also means I can't visit the forum or several other sites until I get home and watch. I don't like knowing the results. It seems to take away from the enjoyment for me.

    Wah. LOL
    The other bad thing about DVRing ESPN games is they start on ESPNEWS when the previous program goes long. Then you get to watch 15 minutes of college football awards and join the game with GU up 16-2 on BYU.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    The other bad thing about DVRing ESPN games is they start on ESPNEWS when the previous program goes long. Then you get to watch 15 minutes of college football awards and join the game with GU up 16-2 on BYU.
    Yeah. That chapped my a**.
    It's not funny.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,609

    Default

    The key is to record an hour of the alternate espn channels at tip off, like espn news.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    The other bad thing about DVRing ESPN games is they start on ESPNEWS when the previous program goes long. Then you get to watch 15 minutes of college football awards and join the game with GU up 16-2 on BYU.
    Locally Root is the worst. They list games but never show because of local broadcast rights. Even rebroadcasts never work. SWX is the best option.The last game had the same broadcast but started on time.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    The key is to record an hour of the alternate espn channels at tip off, like espn news.
    Yep.

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    The key is to record an hour of the alternate espn channels at tip off, like espn news.
    Wish I would have thought of that...who knew a bleeping awards show would run 15 minutes over?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Above May Valley, WA
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Excited to be able to watch both games this week on ESPN! Pretty sweet extra motivation for the
    players to stay locked in and fired up. Doesn’t hurt recruiting efforts either.

    Zags vs Pepperdine Thursday @ 5:00 EST on ESPN2
    Zags vs Gaels Saturday @ 8 EST on ESPN

    Seems rather extraordinary to have back to back games vs WCC foes on ESPN for Zags. Word is out this team is must see tv. #ZagUp
    Being that they are playing on the West Coast and many people's eyes will float right over "EST", the games are at 2pm and 5 pm PST.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Liberty Lake
    Posts
    1,872

    Default

    Anyone know why the very odd 2pm PST start against Pepp? I guess the 7am EST slot was crowded? Perhaps there's another awards program in the prime time slot...yeah, nobody wants to miss those. Glad to be able to watch, don't get me wrong. I'm retired and have flexible schedule, but for those who prefer afternoon soaps or still have jobs, not so much.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Per GU Men's Basketball FB Page:

    Thursday Time and TV Update: The Zags and Pepperdine will now start at 6 p.m. Pacific, and will now be on ESPN

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Per GU Men's Basketball FB Page:
    Thursday Time and TV Update: The Zags and Pepperdine will now start at 6 p.m. Pacific, and will now be on ESPN
    Great news! I would have watched live at 2, but now I can take care of other things. At first it was an 8 pm start, then 2, now 6. This is a strange season.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,506

    Default

    Every Zag game that isn't on ESPN or CBS is going to be fought over IMHO... especially if hey continue to be unbeaten.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Espn app still shows 2 pm on ESPN2, but hopefully just not updated yet.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Now updated on SWX website, espn 6 pm with Schulman and Bilas

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Now updated on SWX website, espn 6 pm with Schulman and Bilas
    Probably remote from Bristol.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    5,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Now updated on SWX website, espn 6 pm with Schulman and Bilas
    These two guys talk about the Zags 70% of the time and then the other 30% they talk about P-5 schools that will appear on ESPN channels...I know many on here would rather listen to them and that's ok unless it is Farnham who IMO is the best on the ZAGS...IMO

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Anyone know why the very odd 2pm PST start against Pepp? I guess the 7am EST slot was crowded? Perhaps there's another awards program in the prime time slot...yeah, nobody wants to miss those. Glad to be able to watch, don't get me wrong. I'm retired and have flexible schedule, but for those who prefer afternoon soaps or still have jobs, not so much.
    Sure...it is the Golden Rule...... them that has the gold....make the rules....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •