Thread: ESPN Week for Zags!

Default ESPN Week for Zags!

Excited to be able to watch both games this week on ESPN! Pretty sweet extra motivation for the
    players to stay locked in and fired up. Doesn’t hurt recruiting efforts either.

Zags vs Pepperdine Thursday @ 5:00 EST on ESPN2
    Zags vs Gaels Saturday @ 8 EST on ESPN

Seems rather extraordinary to have back to back games vs WCC foes on ESPN for Zags. Word is out this team is must see tv. #ZagUp
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Has anyone seen viewer stats to date for Zag games on CBS and/or ESPN?

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Excited to be able to watch both games this week on ESPN! Pretty sweet extra motivation for the

Seems rather extraordinary to have back to back games vs WCC foes on ESPN for Zags. Word is out this team is must see tv. #ZagUp
    The times are good for you. I will be at work and have to DVR them. That isn't a big problem but it also means I can't visit the forum or several other sites until I get home and watch. I don't like knowing the results. It seems to take away from the enjoyment for me.

Wah. LOL
    It's not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    The times are good for you. I will be at work and have to DVR them. That isn't a big problem but it also means I can't visit the forum or several other sites until I get home and watch. I don't like knowing the results. It seems to take away from the enjoyment for me.

Wah. LOL
    The other bad thing about DVRing ESPN games is they start on ESPNEWS when the previous program goes long. Then you get to watch 15 minutes of college football awards and join the game with GU up 16-2 on BYU.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    The other bad thing about DVRing ESPN games is they start on ESPNEWS when the previous program goes long. Then you get to watch 15 minutes of college football awards and join the game with GU up 16-2 on BYU.
    Yeah. That chapped my a**.
    It's not funny.

The key is to record an hour of the alternate espn channels at tip off, like espn news.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Locally Root is the worst. They list games but never show because of local broadcast rights. Even rebroadcasts never work. SWX is the best option.The last game had the same broadcast but started on time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    The key is to record an hour of the alternate espn channels at tip off, like espn news.
    Yep.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    Wish I would have thought of that...who knew a bleeping awards show would run 15 minutes over?

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post

Being that they are playing on the West Coast and many people's eyes will float right over "EST", the games are at 2pm and 5 pm PST.

Anyone know why the very odd 2pm PST start against Pepp? I guess the 7am EST slot was crowded? Perhaps there's another awards program in the prime time slot...yeah, nobody wants to miss those. Glad to be able to watch, don't get me wrong. I'm retired and have flexible schedule, but for those who prefer afternoon soaps or still have jobs, not so much.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Per GU Men's Basketball FB Page:

Thursday Time and TV Update: The Zags and Pepperdine will now start at 6 p.m. Pacific, and will now be on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Per GU Men's Basketball FB Page:
    Thursday Time and TV Update: The Zags and Pepperdine will now start at 6 p.m. Pacific, and will now be on ESPN
    Great news! I would have watched live at 2, but now I can take care of other things. At first it was an 8 pm start, then 2, now 6. This is a strange season.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

Every Zag game that isn't on ESPN or CBS is going to be fought over IMHO... especially if hey continue to be unbeaten.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Espn app still shows 2 pm on ESPN2, but hopefully just not updated yet.

Now updated on SWX website, espn 6 pm with Schulman and Bilas

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Probably remote from Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    These two guys talk about the Zags 70% of the time and then the other 30% they talk about P-5 schools that will appear on ESPN channels...I know many on here would rather listen to them and that's ok unless it is Farnham who IMO is the best on the ZAGS...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Anyone know why the very odd 2pm PST start against Pepp? I guess the 7am EST slot was crowded? Perhaps there's another awards program in the prime time slot...yeah, nobody wants to miss those. Glad to be able to watch, don't get me wrong. I'm retired and have flexible schedule, but for those who prefer afternoon soaps or still have jobs, not so much.
    Sure...it is the Golden Rule...... them that has the gold....make the rules....