Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other WBB NCAA games

Hybrid View

Default Other WBB NCAA games

Wife and I are really enjoying a great AZ vs Washington State game. OT. 15.3 secs to go!
    67-65 AZ.

Now...tied at 67 each. 10.5 secs to go

UPDATE ***
    Washington State wins 69-67. My wife is VERY excited! I havenít heard her cheer this loud since her Dallas Cowboys played.

Lol

Might just put on the LMU vs AZ game (if I can find it?) from preseason a couple of years ago for old times sake, when we beat UCLA then AZ coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COUGS WIN!!!

Split a double team made a lay-up at the buzzer.

Congrats to all Cougs and Coug Fans.

It has been a long time.

ZagDad

Cougs HAVE to be ranked in the next poll. They are now all alone in 2nd place in the Pac 12. I don't think the national media is paying any attention, but they have to be one of the biggest stories in the country this season.

My offer to CougTracks to trade Coach Ethridge for Coach Wynn still stands...

Gritty win against a really good UA program. WSU is still at a talent deficit in most games but there is a toughness individually and as a team I haven't seen really ever. We were down 16 w/ a couple of minutes to go in the 3rd quarter and it pretty much looked over. They just kept hanging around and grinding it out.

WSU has zero history and that's keeping us out of the Top 25. Polls lag but if they keep winning that will take care of itself.

Still going to be a no thank you seacatfan.

Here you go Coug Tracks.

Front page of ESPNW - Highlight video of the Cougs win:

Link: https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Cougs HAVE to be ranked in the next poll. They are now all alone in 2nd place in the Pac 12.
    Probably not this week. They were ranked 34th (receiving votes) in the AP poll and were not ranked in the USA Today's poll. Today's upset win should get them close to the Top-25 in this next round of polls.

There should be some significant movement in the polls this week as lots of ranked teams played each other. Just today #5 South Carolina hung on against #10 Kentucky (75-70) giving Kentucky 3 losses, #8 Texas A&M nipped #13 Arkansas (74-73) giving Arkansas their 4th loss. Of course the WSU upset of #7 Arizona and unranked Nebraska (6-4) took down #23 Michigan State (68-64) for both Arizona's and MSU's 2nd losses of the season.

Perhaps the biggest upset of the week was West Virginia's (8-2) dismantling of #17 Texas (92-58) on Saturday to give Texas their 2nd loss of the season.

Other ranked teams losing this week, include #11 Oregon to #1 Stanford (70-63), #10 Kentucky getting hammered by #8 Texas A&M 77-60, #13 Arkansas getting soundly beat by unranked Tennessee 88-73, AND #19 Indiana getting nipped by #12 Maryland on Monday 84-80.

I would expect to see Kentucky and Arkansas to drop significantly in the polls with two losses this week each even though most of the losses were to higher ranked teams. Most likely not near enough to help our Zags this week, but another loss or two and they would be ripe for the picking. Texas should drop significantly by getting hammered by an unranked, but very good WVU team. Indiana and Oregon will probably drop a spot or two by losing to higher ranked teams.

Lady Zags could (and probably should) jump Texas and possibly jump Indiana, so maybe Zags might be a Top-20 team this week.

If the Zags and Cougs keep winning, most of the teams (if they play the games) will play each other during league play giving additional loses to those teams directly in front of our local teams.

Lots of games involving ranked teams have been cancelled or postponed due to Covid, so keep your fingers crossed the ladies get to keep playing.

ZagDad

I saw WSU was barely in the "others receiving votes" category, but thought maybe w/ a 7-1 record that could easily be 8-0 the pollsters would finally notice them and jump them over some other teams. I keep waiting for Iowa to enter the polls but they blew it with a loss to Northwestern. Yeah, looking at the polls again maybe Tennessee is the most likely team to enter the Top 25 if anyone else drops out (although they barely beat a bad LSU team and looked bad doing it today apparently).

I saw WSU was barely in the "others receiving votes" category, but thought maybe w/ a 7-1 record that could easily be 8-0 the pollsters would finally notice them and jump them over some other teams. I keep waiting for Iowa to enter the polls but they blew it with a loss to Northwestern. Yeah, looking at the polls again maybe Tennessee is the most likely team to enter the Top 25 if anyone else drops out (although they barely beat a bad LSU team and looked bad doing it today apparently).
    Yeah, but it is the SEC, so that counts for quite a bit right?

Michigan State should drop out this week with their loss to to unranked Nebraska.

ZagDad

So I need to stop turning games off midway through thinking itís over.

Case in point: #5 UCLA vs ASU.

60-57 Final.

Our local phenom Charisma Osborne has 27 points. Her and Chels came up playing together.

Quote Originally Posted by CG3Dad View Post
    So I need to stop turning games off midway through thinking it’s over.

Case in point: #5 UCLA vs ASU.

60-57 Final.

Our local phenom Charisma Osborne has 27 points. Her and Chels came up playing together.

I think Osborne might be working her way into being the front runner for Pac 12 POY. McDonald, Haley Jones and Onyenwere just haven't been consistent enough and Charisma has really been coming up big lately.

Lots of games involving Top-25 Wbb teams today.

#3 UConn actually looked like a #3 team absolutely hammering #17 Depaul 100-67. Depaul could not handle UConn's height and UConn got out on Depaul's 3-point shooters making it difficult for Depaul to shoot their uncontested 3s. Depaul has played some top notch competition, but other than a 93-91 loss to #13 Texas A&M in their first game of the season, Depaul has not been competitive in their games against ranked teams. They have lost their games against now #3 UConn by 23 points and 33 points respectively and lost to #5 (now #1) Louisville by 41 points.

#8 Texas A&M is just starting to pull away from #22 Georgia 37-30 with just over 4-1/2 minutes left in the 3rd. #16 Indiana was down big to Michigan State at half, but a big 3rd quarter and a (so far) 4th quarter, Indiana is up 10 points with less than a minute to go in the 4th. Unranked Alabama had a 41-40 lead over #4 South Carolina at half, then the 2nd half started. South Carolina dominates the 2nd half and wins 87-63 limiting the crimson tide to only 22 2nd half points. #6 Stanford hammered the Huskies 74-48. How did the 4-8 Huskies end up with 4 Top-100 picks again?. #9 Baylor got revenge over unranked Iowa State in Ames by beating the Cyclones 85-77. #15 Kentucky had a knock down drag out fight with 0.500 Missouri before hitting their free throws to win 61-55. #19 Arkansas had a hangover from their victory over UConn and let unranked Auburn jump out to a 18-9 lead after the first quarter. Too bad they did not call the game at that point as Arkansas won each of the remaining 3 quarters to win 77-67. Finally, #20 Tennessee slowly pulled away from a 0.500 Florida team 79-65.

Unfortunately the Covid bug strikes today's #10 Arizona vs #5 UCLA game, so it was postponed.

ZagDad

I watched the Stanford-Washington game. Huskies were missing 3 starters. At one point in the game they had 2 walk ons (one a practice squad player who was just activated for this game) and a former walk on all on the court together. They had no business staying within 40 or 50 points of Stanford, it was actually a fairly gutty performance for a team with a glaring lack of talent (and now depth). 'Furd jumped out 38-9 early in Q2 and then went to sleep for most of the rest of the game.

Huskies went to the Final 4 in '16 and won 29 games and went to the Sweet 16 in '17. Coach Wynn has absolutely run the program into the ground. She needs to be fired, but I'm afraid she's going to get at least 1 more year (she was signed to a 6 year contract for reasons I cannot fathom so could possibly even have 2 years left after this one). I have zero hope she's ever going to get the program heading in a positive direction. Just about the only reason she won any games the previous 3 years was because of Amber Melgoza, a holdover recruit from the previous coach.

And yet these horrible Huskies beat both BYU and Portland by about 30. I'm never gonna forget that.

For those WCC fans,

Portland hosts San Diego, February 1, 2021 (Monday) at 2:00 PM in Portland's only scheduled game this week.

ZagDad

Bueckers. Geez 3-4? 30 points games in a row? And a freshman? What's the lid on a player like this?

Enjoying Oregon State vs Oregon game!

24 - 23 OSU 2Q 5:30 left

Quote Originally Posted by CG3Dad View Post
    Enjoying Oregon State vs Oregon game!

24 - 23 OSU 2Q 5:30 left

OSU up 38-35 at the half. Prince has been fairly underwhelming this year but she's going nuts today, 18 points on 8-11 shooting. Already a career high.

I think OSU is gonna pull it out.
    79 - 69 less than 3 mins left. But OSU better watch those threes!!

Yep, Beavs get another big road win over a ranked team. 88-77 over Oregon. Hard to believe they lost by 20 in Corvallis way back in November when these two met previously. Teams are going opposite directions currently.

DePaul on upset alert, trailing by 5 thru Q3 against an absolutely terrible Butler team (2-16 record, 2-15 in conference).

Down goes DePaul 86-81. Worst loss by a ranked team all year?

Baylor and Texas doing a really big disservice to women's basketball.

10-9 Baylor after the 1st quarter. 19-14 with 3-1/2 to go in the 2nd quarter.

I have not seen so many bricks since my last visit to a construction site.

ZagDad

Down goes DePaul 86-81. Worst loss by a ranked team all year?
    When you are a 3-point shooting team and your starters go 4-25 from long range (thankfully the bench went 6-12 from long range), it is going to be difficult to win. Depaul put up 37 shots from 3 today, 81 shots in all.

They certainly play with pace.

ZagDad

Wife and I are headed to Vegas after the LMU game. Going to the UCLA NCAA tournament game at 8 PM tonight. My wife's nephew is on the UCLA WBB coaching staff. They're only allowing family of the players and staff into the venue, so looking forward to that.

Good news my daughter Chelsey is playing today in the WCC first round! She's all fired up, so here's looking forward to her possibly having a break out performance....like I've seen her do before! Hopefully we make it at least a couple of games into the WCC tourney.

Good luck Keith.

Wishing Chelsey and the rest of LMU the best today.

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    Good luck Keith.

Wishing Chelsey and the rest of LMU the best today.

ZagDad
    Same here, will make the game more competitive!