X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seacatfan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2014

Washington St. off to another seriously ugly start, but they won't get away w/ this level of play against Arizona like they did w/ Utah. Trailing 13-5 after Q1.

Comment

• seacatfan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2014

Cougs have 20 turnovers at halftime. That is not a misprint. Can't shoot, and yet somehow only down by 8. Arizona is trying really really hard to lose a game they should be up by about 25. WSU is extremely physical and refs let them get away with murder. Several of their players could play rugby if basketball doesn't work out.

Comment

• ZagDad84
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
        Cougs have 20 turnovers at halftime. That is not a misprint. Can't shoot, and yet somehow only down by 8. Arizona is trying really really hard to lose a game they should be up by about 25. WSU is extremely physical and refs let them get away with murder. Several of their players could play rugby if basketball doesn't work out.
        Yep.

The WCC and Pac-12 use the same officiating pool and the officiating, particularly on the Wbb side, is frequently horribly inconsistent and yes, rugby games do break out in more than an occasional basis.

ZagDad

Comment

• Coug Tracks
          Kennel Club
          • Dec 2007

UA is pretty physical as well. I'm watching with crimson glasses but you might have some purple ones on as well?

Comment

• seacatfan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Coug Tracks View Post
            UA is pretty physical as well. I'm watching with crimson glasses but you might have some purple ones on as well?
            Yeah, the Cats are physical. I can't stand Arizona St. and the way they play, and Washington St. looks like they're trying to copy that blueprint.

Charlisse hit the wall big time in Vegas. 5-33 in the 2 games. Unfortunately letting her keep shooting all game long is pretty much WSU's strategy, so when she's off there's not much to fall back on (although I've seen Motuga, Murekatate and Teder have good games at times).

Comment

• seacatfan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2014

Arizona won 60-44. WSU maybe could've overcome scoring 5 in Q1, but when they did it again in Q3 there was no way. Two quarters of only scoring 5 in one game, how is that even possible?

Comment

• Coug Tracks
                Kennel Club
                • Dec 2007

Yeah, the Cats are physical. I can't stand Arizona St. and the way they play, and Washington St. looks like they're trying to copy that blueprint.

Charlisse hit the wall big time in Vegas. 5-33 in the 2 games. Unfortunately letting her keep shooting all game long is pretty much WSU's strategy, so when she's off there's not much to fall back on (although I've seen Motuga, Murekatate and Teder have good games at times).
                I don't think so on blueprint. No doubt defense is key but it's more lack of depth and scorers at this point. UA was unrelenting but for WSU it's really comes down to legs as the season has gone on. Charlisse has held up until Vegas but Krystal L-W has been struggling at least the last 3 weeks (lots of unforced turnovers). Lost Cherilyn Molina to some mysterious "personal reasons". Just too many minutes for the guards even in a short season. UA literally ran us out of the gym tonight.

Picked last and end up the 7 seed and on the Tournament bubble on a pretty young team. Nobody was expecting that kind of season other than the players.

Comment

• ZagDad84
                  Zag for Life
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Coug Tracks View Post
                  Picked last and end up the 7 seed and on the Tournament bubble on a pretty young team. Nobody was expecting that kind of season other than the players.
                  You are so right Coug Tracks. Big step up this year for Lady Cougs. Lots to look forward to next year.

Hopefully they will get an invite to the Big Dance a week from Monday. Keep your fingers crossed.

More opportunities to move up in the polls for the Lady Zags.

Old Miss (11th in the SEC) gives #13 Arkansas their 8th loss overall (6th loss in SEC competition) 69-60 dropping the Razorbacks to 6th in the SEC.

Question, how many total loses can an SEC team have and still be ranked in the Top 20?

Come On Lady Zags, the teams in front of you are dropping like flies.

Let's take advantage of the opportunities being placed in front of us.

Just win baby!

Is it Monday yet?

ZagDad
                  Last edited by ZagDad84; 03-04-2021, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• seacatfan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2014

Washington hung tough w/ UCLA for 3 quarters, then just couldn't score in Q4. 58-46 final UCLA. UW's leading scorer missed the entire 2nd half, probably was injured.

Comment

• Kemo 1966
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by CG3Dad View Post
                      Seriously I told Chels I want her to have her first thirty point game today! She took me quite literally I see [emoji275][emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Great Job 'CG3Dad' and DAUTHER! Keep the streak going vs Portland! A nice upset day #2!

Comment

• ZagDad84
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2014

Early morning Wbb on Friday.

#2 Texas A&M had a tight one with LSU for a half before pulling away in the 2nd half for a 77-58 victory. According to ESPNW brackotologist Charlie Creme, LSU (9-13, 6-8) is on the outside looking in for the NCAA tournament. I would certainly hope so, but LSU is an SEC team, so who knows what the committee will do.

#5 Louisville is in a fight with unranked Wake Forest 44-44 after 3 quarters. ACC player of the year, starting the 4th quarter on the bench. Hailey Von Lith (State of Washington native) is keeping Louisville in the game up to this point.

ZagDad
                        Last edited by ZagDad84; 03-05-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• ZagDad84
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2014

#5 Louisville had a decent 4th quarter scoring 21 points but held Wake Forest to 9 points to pull away for the 65-53 victory. Hailey Van Lith had a big game for the Cardinal scoring 24 points on 9-15 overall and 6-10 from 3 to go with 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 4 steals with 0 turnovers.

#16 Georgia is taking on #17 Kentucky in a SEC quarterfinal. Georgia pulling ahead 27-15 with 6 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. It would likely benefit the Lady Zags if Georgia could take down Kentucky giving them their 8th loss on the year.

ZagDad

Comment

• Kemo 1966
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Kemo 1966 View Post
                            Great Job 'CG3Dad' and DAUTHER! Keep the streak going vs Portland! A nice upset day #2!
                            Well, excellent job vs Portland; WHY STOP NOW?? You must be having "fun".... cheers!

Comment

• seacatfan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ZagDad84 View Post
                              #5 Louisville had a decent 4th quarter scoring 21 points but held Wake Forest to 9 points to pull away for the 65-53 victory. Hailey Van Lith had a big game for the Cardinal scoring 24 points on 9-15 overall and 6-10 from 3 to go with 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 4 steals with 0 turnovers.

#16 Georgia is taking on #17 Kentucky in a SEC quarterfinal. Georgia pulling ahead 27-15 with 6 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. It would likely benefit the Lady Zags if Georgia could take down Kentucky giving them their 8th loss on the year.

ZagDad
                              Good for HVL. She's been struggling down the stretch, good to see her get back on track.

Comment

• seacatfan
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2014

Wow, LMU really thumped Portland. Congrats again to the Lions. Portland sure took a big step backward from last season. Finished the year 12-12 (21-11 last season).

Comment

Working...
                                X