X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagDad84
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2014

Congrats to the Lions. They looked really good against Portland.

When your offense is sputtering and you don't play defense it does not bode well for your team. Portland picked a bad day to have a bad game and ran into a highly motivated LMU team today.

In conference tournament season, most of the teams realize their next loss is their last loss for the year. Some teams embrace the challenge, others wilt under the pressure. LMU certainly appears that they are not quite ready to go home.

Certainly, going into the 2nd quarter, St. Mary's appears to have the eye of the tiger today. Kemo, the tigers need to get their mojo back. Lots of game to go.

Keith, give our best to ladies for us Zag fans. We will be rooting for you tomorrow.

ZagDad

Comment

• seacatfan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2014

SMC outscored Pacific 20-3 in Q2. I saw several 5 point quarters and a 7 point quarter yesterday. 3 takes the cake though. I'm waiting for a scoreless quarter.

Comment

• seacatfan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2014

Stanford up 33-22 at the half against Oregon St., really feels like they are ahead by more than that. They were tied after Q1, Q2 was all Card. Expecting a blowout in the 2nd half. Cameron Brink is going nuts, scoring inside at will and swatting shots left and right.

Comment

• seacatfan
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2014

Sometimes, you just know. OSU stayed w/in 12-13 of Stanford for most of Q3, but I figured it was gonna get out of hand eventually. It did. 79-45 final. Brink had a monster game 24 points/11 reb/4 blocks (and she changed probably a dozen more shots that came nowhere close to hitting anything). Stanford got hot late to really run away with it.

Comment

• seacatfan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2014

UCLA won a rock fight w/ Arizona. I like Stanford's chances A LOT to win yet another Pac 12 tourney title. They've won something like 70% of them.

Comment

• seacatfan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2014

South Dakota St. w/ a major toe stub, bad loss to Omaha early in their conference tourney. SDSU is assumed to be safely in the field, so that burst somebody's bubble. Maybe South Dakota can seize the opportunity, they might have been in anyway.

Comment

• seacatfan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2014

Cal Baptist finishes the regular season undefeated. Didn't really play anybody, but if it was easy to run the table, more teams would do it. Ineligible for the NCAA Tourney, although I think they can play in the NIT.

Comment

• ZagDad84
                  Zag for Life
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                  South Dakota St. w/ a major toe stub, bad loss to Omaha early in their conference tourney. SDSU is assumed to be safely in the field, so that burst somebody's bubble. Maybe South Dakota can seize the opportunity, they might have been in anyway.
                  More than a toe stub. SDSU only scored 40 points including 16 points in the second half.

The team they lost too, 6-12 University of Omaha.

To be fair, SDSU was playing without their top 2 players who were out due to injury. However, if the players are not ready for the tournament and this is the team that SDSU is now, can you really award them an "at-large" bid? They certainly are not anywhere close to the Top 64 teams in the country without these players.

ZagDad

Comment

• ZagDad84
                    Zag for Life
                    • Dec 2014

#25 Depaul goes down to Villanova in the Big East quarterfinals 78-72.

Depaul has been the #2 in the Big East all year (behind UConn) and the voting pollsters have kept them in the Top-25 most of the year.

However, Depaul has lost 4 out of their last 5, only beating 7-17 Providence. Their losses at the end of the conference season have relegated the Blue Demons to 4th in the Big East.

Does the Big East get 4 bids from the NCAA? Does today's loss, when combined with their late season losses, keep them from getting an at large bid? After watching today's Big East quarterfinals, other than UConn, I don't think GU or BYU would have any trouble with any of the other Big East teams. Seems really unfair if BYU gets left on the sidelines and Depaul at 14-8 gets an at large bid.

ZagDad

Comment

• seacatfan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2014

Caitlin Clark did it again. 35 points, come from behind win for Iowa over Nebraska. I don't think any player in the country is playing better down the stretch than Clark. I kinda think she's moved back ahead of Bueckers as the best Fr. this year.

Comment

• ZagDad84
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2014

Caitlin Clark did it again. 35 points, come from behind win for Iowa over Nebraska. I don't think any player in the country is playing better down the stretch than Clark. I kinda think she's moved back ahead of Bueckers as the best Fr. this year.
                        Yet, Bueckers is the only freshman on the final 15 for the Wooden award list.

Must be nice to have that "UConn" on the front of the jersey.

ZagDad

Comment

• seacatfan
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2014

Seton Hall another bubblicious Big East team that didn't do themselves any favors. Lost to Creighton just now in their conference tourney, a team w/ a losing record.

Comment

• seacatfan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ZagDad84 View Post
                            Yet, Bueckers is the only freshman on the final 15 for the Wooden award list.

Must be nice to have that "UConn" on the front of the jersey.

ZagDad
                            I'm okay with her being on it, but Clark should as well. Even being a Pac 12 homer, I would definitely take Stanford's Jones and Arizona's McDonald off the list. It's all about name recognition, not actually how they've performed throughout the season.

Comment

• seacatfan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2014

I looked at Iowa's recent game logs. Clark has scored 30 or more in 7 of 9 games, and 50% shooting both overall and behind the arc in 6 of the 9. I don't think anyone has played consistently like this since Plum's Sr. season in '17. Been a while.

Comment

• ZagDad84
                                Zag for Life
                                • Dec 2014

I'm okay with her being on it, but Clark should as well. Even being a Pac 12 homer, I would definitely take Stanford's Jones and Arizona's McDonald off the list. It's all about name recognition, not actually how they've performed throughout the season.
                                I am also fine with Bueckers being on the list. I think she deserves to be on it. I agree with you that Clark should be as well as she has played very comparatively if not better than Bueckers. The difference is the UConn on the chest of Bueckers. If Bueckers played for Iowa, she would not be on the list either.

ZagDad

Comment

Working...
                                X