Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Other WBB NCAA games

Seriously I told Chels I want her to have her first thirty point game today! She took me quite literally I see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMU 85-73 final. Congrats to Chelsey and her teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    LMU 85-73 final. Congrats to Chelsey and her teammates.
    Here, Here, great job Chelsey and the rest of the Lions.

In the NCAA there have been some upsets, near misses and some blow-outs and that is just in the morning session.

Still in regular season #8 Maryland blew out #12 Michigan 88-63. This is the second 20+ point blow-out in the last 2 games for Michigan. They lost 89-67 against unranked Iowa. Michigan still has one more regular season game against a decent Northwestern team before the Big-10 starts tournament play.

#17 Kentucky continued their up and down season. Kentucky needed a 27 point 4th quarter to overcome unranked and under 0.500 Florida 73-64.

As Seacatfan noted above, #19 Oregon was once again beaten by unranked Oregon State 71-64. This is Oregon's 5th loss in their last 6 games. Somewhere Sylean must be smiling.

#15 South Florida came out flat and was behind by 9 at halftime to unranked UCF and halfway through the 3rd UCF is still ahead by 9.

#4 Stanford is laying the hammer to USC, leading 77-38 with 7 minutes to go in the 4th.

ZagDad

Stanford bench went nuts, starters got to sit out half the game. 2nd near 40 point losing margin for USC in the last 3 games. They have talent. Trakh is a terrible coach.

#15 South Florida goes down to UCF 58-45.

Another chance for the Lady Zags to move up a spot or two in next week's polls.

Need to win the WCC tourney, but that mythical 4th seed may be available.

Just Win Baby.

ZagDad

Washington St. off to another seriously ugly start, but they won't get away w/ this level of play against Arizona like they did w/ Utah. Trailing 13-5 after Q1.

Cougs have 20 turnovers at halftime. That is not a misprint. Can't shoot, and yet somehow only down by 8. Arizona is trying really really hard to lose a game they should be up by about 25. WSU is extremely physical and refs let them get away with murder. Several of their players could play rugby if basketball doesn't work out.

Cougs have 20 turnovers at halftime. That is not a misprint. Can't shoot, and yet somehow only down by 8. Arizona is trying really really hard to lose a game they should be up by about 25. WSU is extremely physical and refs let them get away with murder. Several of their players could play rugby if basketball doesn't work out.
    Yep.

The WCC and Pac-12 use the same officiating pool and the officiating, particularly on the Wbb side, is frequently horribly inconsistent and yes, rugby games do break out in more than an occasional basis.

ZagDad

UA is pretty physical as well. I'm watching with crimson glasses but you might have some purple ones on as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Coug Tracks View Post
    UA is pretty physical as well. I'm watching with crimson glasses but you might have some purple ones on as well?
    Yeah, the Cats are physical. I can't stand Arizona St. and the way they play, and Washington St. looks like they're trying to copy that blueprint.

Charlisse hit the wall big time in Vegas. 5-33 in the 2 games. Unfortunately letting her keep shooting all game long is pretty much WSU's strategy, so when she's off there's not much to fall back on (although I've seen Motuga, Murekatate and Teder have good games at times).

Arizona won 60-44. WSU maybe could've overcome scoring 5 in Q1, but when they did it again in Q3 there was no way. Two quarters of only scoring 5 in one game, how is that even possible?

Yeah, the Cats are physical. I can't stand Arizona St. and the way they play, and Washington St. looks like they're trying to copy that blueprint.

Charlisse hit the wall big time in Vegas. 5-33 in the 2 games. Unfortunately letting her keep shooting all game long is pretty much WSU's strategy, so when she's off there's not much to fall back on (although I've seen Motuga, Murekatate and Teder have good games at times).
    I don't think so on blueprint. No doubt defense is key but it's more lack of depth and scorers at this point. UA was unrelenting but for WSU it's really comes down to legs as the season has gone on. Charlisse has held up until Vegas but Krystal L-W has been struggling at least the last 3 weeks (lots of unforced turnovers). Lost Cherilyn Molina to some mysterious "personal reasons". Just too many minutes for the guards even in a short season. UA literally ran us out of the gym tonight.

Picked last and end up the 7 seed and on the Tournament bubble on a pretty young team. Nobody was expecting that kind of season other than the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Coug Tracks View Post
    Picked last and end up the 7 seed and on the Tournament bubble on a pretty young team. Nobody was expecting that kind of season other than the players.
    You are so right Coug Tracks. Big step up this year for Lady Cougs. Lots to look forward to next year.

Hopefully they will get an invite to the Big Dance a week from Monday. Keep your fingers crossed.

More opportunities to move up in the polls for the Lady Zags.

Old Miss (11th in the SEC) gives #13 Arkansas their 8th loss overall (6th loss in SEC competition) 69-60 dropping the Razorbacks to 6th in the SEC.

Question, how many total loses can an SEC team have and still be ranked in the Top 20?

Come On Lady Zags, the teams in front of you are dropping like flies.

Let's take advantage of the opportunities being placed in front of us.

Just win baby!

Is it Monday yet?

ZagDad
    Last edited by ZagDad84; 03-04-2021 at 09:59 PM.

Washington hung tough w/ UCLA for 3 quarters, then just couldn't score in Q4. 58-46 final UCLA. UW's leading scorer missed the entire 2nd half, probably was injured.

Quote Originally Posted by CG3Dad View Post
    Seriously I told Chels I want her to have her first thirty point game today! She took me quite literally I see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great Job 'CG3Dad' and DAUTHER! Keep the streak going vs Portland! A nice upset day #2!

Early morning Wbb on Friday.

#2 Texas A&M had a tight one with LSU for a half before pulling away in the 2nd half for a 77-58 victory. According to ESPNW brackotologist Charlie Creme, LSU (9-13, 6-8) is on the outside looking in for the NCAA tournament. I would certainly hope so, but LSU is an SEC team, so who knows what the committee will do.

#5 Louisville is in a fight with unranked Wake Forest 44-44 after 3 quarters. ACC player of the year, starting the 4th quarter on the bench. Hailey Von Lith (State of Washington native) is keeping Louisville in the game up to this point.

ZagDad
    Last edited by ZagDad84; 03-05-2021 at 11:02 AM.

#5 Louisville had a decent 4th quarter scoring 21 points but held Wake Forest to 9 points to pull away for the 65-53 victory. Hailey Van Lith had a big game for the Cardinal scoring 24 points on 9-15 overall and 6-10 from 3 to go with 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 4 steals with 0 turnovers.

#16 Georgia is taking on #17 Kentucky in a SEC quarterfinal. Georgia pulling ahead 27-15 with 6 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. It would likely benefit the Lady Zags if Georgia could take down Kentucky giving them their 8th loss on the year.

ZagDad

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo 1966 View Post
    Great Job 'CG3Dad' and DAUTHER! Keep the streak going vs Portland! A nice upset day #2!
    Well, excellent job vs Portland; WHY STOP NOW?? You must be having "fun".... cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    #5 Louisville had a decent 4th quarter scoring 21 points but held Wake Forest to 9 points to pull away for the 65-53 victory. Hailey Van Lith had a big game for the Cardinal scoring 24 points on 9-15 overall and 6-10 from 3 to go with 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 4 steals with 0 turnovers.

#16 Georgia is taking on #17 Kentucky in a SEC quarterfinal. Georgia pulling ahead 27-15 with 6 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. It would likely benefit the Lady Zags if Georgia could take down Kentucky giving them their 8th loss on the year.

ZagDad
    Good for HVL. She's been struggling down the stretch, good to see her get back on track.

Wow, LMU really thumped Portland. Congrats again to the Lions. Portland sure took a big step backward from last season. Finished the year 12-12 (21-11 last season).

Congrats to the Lions. They looked really good against Portland.

When your offense is sputtering and you don't play defense it does not bode well for your team. Portland picked a bad day to have a bad game and ran into a highly motivated LMU team today.

In conference tournament season, most of the teams realize their next loss is their last loss for the year. Some teams embrace the challenge, others wilt under the pressure. LMU certainly appears that they are not quite ready to go home.

Certainly, going into the 2nd quarter, St. Mary's appears to have the eye of the tiger today. Kemo, the tigers need to get their mojo back. Lots of game to go.

Keith, give our best to ladies for us Zag fans. We will be rooting for you tomorrow.

ZagDad

SMC outscored Pacific 20-3 in Q2. I saw several 5 point quarters and a 7 point quarter yesterday. 3 takes the cake though. I'm waiting for a scoreless quarter.

Stanford up 33-22 at the half against Oregon St., really feels like they are ahead by more than that. They were tied after Q1, Q2 was all Card. Expecting a blowout in the 2nd half. Cameron Brink is going nuts, scoring inside at will and swatting shots left and right.

Sometimes, you just know. OSU stayed w/in 12-13 of Stanford for most of Q3, but I figured it was gonna get out of hand eventually. It did. 79-45 final. Brink had a monster game 24 points/11 reb/4 blocks (and she changed probably a dozen more shots that came nowhere close to hitting anything). Stanford got hot late to really run away with it.

UCLA won a rock fight w/ Arizona. I like Stanford's chances A LOT to win yet another Pac 12 tourney title. They've won something like 70% of them.