Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is the best passer on this team?

Suggs has the best 2 handed chest pass that I have ever seen. He has so much zip on it that he makes passes that most wouldnt even try, or would get picked off.

That long outlet by Suggs to Ayayi was amazing. Suggs threw a bullet, length of the court pass right over Ayayi’s outside shoulder where the defender had no chance. Ayayi displayed absolutely elite athleticism by catching it in stride over that outside shoulder and making the lay-in running at top speed. That was top level skill on display.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    That long outlet by Suggs to Ayayi was amazing. Suggs threw a bullet, length of the court pass right over Ayayi’s outside shoulder where the defender had no chance. Ayayi displayed absolutely elite athleticism by catching it in stride over that outside shoulder and making the lay-in running at top speed. That was top level skill on display.
    it would have been a great pass with a football, much less a basketball.

for any recreational or non-ballers out there, next time you're in the gym, give it a try...stand under the basket and have a buddy stand on the opposite free throw line and try to chuck them the ball. and then think about the fact that suggs threw it from a complete standstill without taking a step and hit ayayi in stride at full sprint.

"Who is the best kisser on Charlie's Angels"

Sorry but every time I see the title to this thread, that is what pops into my head.
    At least someone, somewhere, is laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    "Who is the best kisser on Charlie's Angels"

Sorry but every time I see the title to this thread, that is what pops into my head.
    V-Day is right around the corner. Hold on, Will.

idk who the best passer is, but all the great passers on this team can finish too, nice complement. I think it helps cultivate the unselfish culture and play that much more for this team, for the program . Got some top shelf finishers in this team inside out and in between

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    As I've said before, this is the best collegiate ( maybe even pro) passing team I've ever seen. Unselfish and they really DO support and like each other Super players but haven't seen a hint of prima donna behavior.
    The Warriors recent championship teams are the standard. I believe Coach Few attended a couple of their practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    The Warriors recent championship teams are the standard. I believe Coach Few attended a couple of their practices.
    The 1977 Portland Trailblazers were superb as well as the Knicks with Bradley, Debuschere, Frazier, Reed, etc.

Wallawallazag. Suggs' full court pass was one of the best I have ever seen.

But the best was in the Spokane arena many years ago. There was a player named Gus Johnson playing for Idaho (went on to play in the pros) and they were playing Gonzaga. He was a player that loved to showboat and had a gold star in his front tooth. He jumped in the air for a rebound and before he hit the ground passed the ball the full length of the court behind his back and hit a person for a layin. BUt i have to say Suggs is better and more fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by zag67 View Post
    Wallawallazag. Suggs' full court pass was one of the best I have ever seen.

But the best was in the Spokane arena many years ago. There was a player named Gus Johnson playing for Idaho (went on to play in the pros) and they were playing Gonzaga. He was a player that loved to showboat and had a gold star in his front tooth. He jumped in the air for a rebound and before he hit the ground passed the ball the full length of the court behind his back and hit a person for a layin. BUt i have to say Suggs is better and more fun to watch.
    Honeycomb is in the BB HOF.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gus_Johnson_(basketball)

Be sure to read the part about The Nail, Johnson was legendary and ahead of his time.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Don't know.

But Ayayi is the best at receiving a tough pass deep in the key and somehow making the ball go in everytime.

Those are easy passes to fumble, bounce off chest, and they are hard shots to put right back up into the hoop.

I sound like broken record but it's what I see.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Don't know.

But Ayayi is the best at receiving a tough pass deep in the key and somehow making the ball go in everytime.

Those are easy passes to fumble, bounce off chest, and they are hard shots to put right back up into the hoop.

I sound like broken record but it's what I see.
    He’s got extraordinarily soft hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    I think Nembhard, Ayayi, and Suggs are on the top tier. The next tier is Kispert, Timme, and Cook. Then it is pretty much everyone else. I’ve seen flashes from Dom and Strawther, but nothing consistent. Suggs has that QB ability, Nembhard is a pure point, and Joel makes a lot of veteran passes. Who the best passer is varies from night to night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Not mine and I don’t know who assigns “the standard “ moniker. Zags rule at least in college teams. I politely maintain this is the best passing team of all college teams! Lol... ever!

ThaNKs Jaz. Gus was fun to watch

no kidding, about a week ago i sent out a few emails to friends, about better precision passing than I can ever remember a team on any sustained level.
    it seems to me the players have a passing culture among themselves, beyond Few's coaching and on their own, to make the best passes against the opponents.
    Its almost like they are keeping two scores in their minds for each game, how many points they can put on their opponent, and how many precise passes they can put on their opponent; just watch them praise each other with their knowing smiles.
    - this team has magical chemistry sometimes in passing, reminding me of some of the plays the globetrotters make that are pre-planned and rehearsed.
    Last edited by ZagsGoZags; 01-13-2021 at 06:17 AM.

Suggs!