Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42

Thread: Unlock Me! 2020-21

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default Unlock Me! 2020-21

    It's game time! It's riddle time! I have posts prepared for your enjoyment. Answer the riddle, and you will enjoy the first musical part. The second part will be even more enjoyable!

    There is a Season we are so fortunate to experience.

    It's often like it's time to be born, and then our opponents find the time to die. Like a farmer, we plant and then, in time, we reap. In games it's a time to kill, and then we take time to heal. When we win, it's a time to laugh, and for opponents, they weep.

    What am I referring to? I know this is too easy for some veterans.

    Go.



    I'm going to bed, so I might not respond for a few hours!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Ok, since no response, I'm eating grandma's mostaccioli recipe. And maybe some Reese's chocolates after that. Tick tock....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,584

    Default

    Turn, turn, yada, yadda.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    648

    Default

    The musical reference is the Byrds hit "turn, turn, turn", but written be Pete Seeger (technically). Even Pete said he only authored 6 words. The rest was from ecclesiastes, and attributed usually to King Solomon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Turn, turn, yada, yadda.
    Knew you'd be the first to respond. Winner winner, KFC dinner.




    Ecclesiastes.

    To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, a time to reap that which is planted;
    A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    A time to gain that which is to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
    A time of love, and a time of hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

    Peete Seeger wrote three words of the song (Turn, turn, turn) and made millions from it (but donated to great causes).

    Congratulations, Mr. jazzdelmar, user #437 (since Feb. 2007 with 18,266 posts!). Say "yes" to unlock the prize before the mods think this is off topic!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,584

    Default

    One of the great groups of all time......anthem for the Sixties, my generation. 1965. I was in grad school at Columbia and also in the National Guard just miles away. Two worlds. Crazy time. Tear.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    The musical reference is the Byrds hit "turn, turn, turn", but written be Pete Seeger (technically). Even Pete said he only authored 6 words. The rest was from ecclesiastes, and attributed usually to King Solomon.
    Congratulations, Mr. tummydoc, user #16606 (since Feb. 2013 with 528 posts!). You are the second to answer correctly. You can also say "yes" to unlock the prize before the mods think this is off topic!

    (Bulldog logo added to increase mod evaluation that this is on topic)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    One of the great groups of all time......anthem for the Sixties, my generation. I was in grad school at Columbia and also in the National Guard just miles away. Two worlds. Crazy time. Tear.
    You still didn't say the MAGIC WORD!

    (Bulldog logo added to increase mod evaluation that this is on topic)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Anyone else!!!? I finished my mostaccioli, and am waiting to unleash the grand prize.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Anyone else!!!? I finished my mostaccioli, and am waiting to unleash the grand prize.
    I always thought Mr. Robert Zimmerman originally wrote that, but nope - I was wrong.

    I love me some mostaccioli!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
    I always thought Mr. Robert Zimmerman originally wrote that, but nope - I was wrong.

    I love me some mostaccioli!
    Hello, Mr. IMADEYOUREADTHIS, user #29681 since April 2017 with 96 posts. Thank you for your submission. I am happy you love mostaccioli. You are eligible to say the MAGIC WORD, which will unleash the grand prize.

    (Bulldog logo added to increase mod evaluation that this is on topic)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    I've finished my Reese's and am working on a box of Shepperd's Candy from Butte, Montana. My wife has depleted most of the items except for the brittle and those containing nuts. I'm getting impatient.






    (Bulldog logo added to increase mod evaluation that this is on topic. It really is, if someone would say the MAGIC WORD. There are three eligible patrons who can accomplish this).

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Responding to private messages...yes my inbox is full. No, I don't have a goat involved in this contest. If you have a response, post it publicly with the MAGIC WORD! Geez. (Bulldog logo added to...never mind).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,496

    Default

    Caduceus, did you or anyone else for that matter know that there was a connection albeit a slim one between the Byrds and Gonzaga?. One of the original Byrds was a Spokane lad who hung out in the GU neighborhood now dreadfully called the Logan District. Several of us locals knew him as a bit of a bohemian. For about a year he dated the daughter of a locally well know raconteur and former GU athlete. He dropped out of high school (North Central) and left Spokane and emerged as one of the Byrds about a year later.
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Caduceus, did you or anyone else for that matter know that there was a connection albeit a slim one between the Byrds and Gonzaga?. One of the original Byrds was a Spokane lad who hung out in the GU neighborhood now dreadfully called the Logan District. Several of us locals knew him as a bit of a bohemian. For about a year he dated the daughter of a locally well know raconteur and former GU athlete. He dropped out of high school (North Central) and left Spokane and emerged as one of the Byrds about a year later.
    Holy crap...that's amazing. Amazing that you didn't say the MAGIC WORD!!!. What do I have to do?????

    Actually that's an incredible anecdote....thanks for sharing Birddog!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Please?

    eta: The Byrds: Turn! Turn! Turn!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spike_jr View Post
    Please?
    Hello spike_jr, user #7711 since November 2009, with 1320 posts. That is not the answer, but you are eligible to say the MAGIC WORD, that you will find above thread. I plead you to find it. The grand prize is worth it!

    Edit: The Byrds: Turn! Turn! Turn! is correct for the first question. The winners of question #1 are eligible to respond with the three letter word noted above to unlock the grand prize, which is 1) on topic, and 2) not only memorable but MEMORABLE!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    yes

    "and a time to dance"

    I'm trying..... I think you've reached your caloric intake for the day!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,549

    Default

    the guys in my dorm played that album more than any other album, seemed like for almost two years.
    it was ahead of its time and the world caught up with it IMO

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spike_jr View Post
    yes
    BEEP...BOOP...UNLOCKING....SPIKE_JR, YOU HAVE WON!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Credit to KHQ or whomever runs the Mark Few Show....this highlight show from the past 12 months.

    To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, a time to reap that which is planted;
    A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    A time to gain that which is to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
    A time of love, and a time of hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

    GRAND PRIZE --> https://streamable.com/abqa02
    Last edited by caduceus; 01-08-2021 at 08:58 AM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    "A time for peace, I swear it's not to late."

    Seeger wrote more than three words. Tummydoc is right. Do watch the video above...it's incredible.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CDA - The distillery of pure Zaga!
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Thanks "cad" enjoyed it immensely!!!

    Go Zags...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Credit to KHQ or whomever runs the Mark Few Show....this highlight show from the past 12 months.

    To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, a time to reap that which is planted;
    A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    A time to gain that which is to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
    A time of love, and a time of hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

    GRAND PRIZE --> https://streamable.com/abqa02
    Anyone else concerned that this is an elaborate leadup to a rickroll?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    5,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Anyone else concerned that this is an elaborate leadup to a rickroll?
    Hahah! Watch the video, you nut! It's legit, promise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •