Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unlock Me! 2020-21

Default Unlock Me! 2020-21

It's game time! It's riddle time! I have posts prepared for your enjoyment. Answer the riddle, and you will enjoy the first musical part. The second part will be even more enjoyable!

There is a Season we are so fortunate to experience.

It's often like it's time to be born, and then our opponents find the time to die. Like a farmer, we plant and then, in time, we reap. In games it's a time to kill, and then we take time to heal. When we win, it's a time to laugh, and for opponents, they weep.

What am I referring to? I know this is too easy for some veterans.

Go.

I'm going to bed, so I might not respond for a few hours!

Ok, since no response, I'm eating grandma's mostaccioli recipe. And maybe some Reese's chocolates after that. Tick tock....

Turn, turn, yada, yadda.

The musical reference is the Byrds hit "turn, turn, turn", but written be Pete Seeger (technically). Even Pete said he only authored 6 words. The rest was from ecclesiastes, and attributed usually to King Solomon.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Turn, turn, yada, yadda.
    Knew you'd be the first to respond. Winner winner, KFC dinner.

Ecclesiastes.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, a time to reap that which is planted;
    A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    A time to gain that which is to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
    A time of love, and a time of hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Peete Seeger wrote three words of the song (Turn, turn, turn) and made millions from it (but donated to great causes).

Congratulations, Mr. jazzdelmar, user #437 (since Feb. 2007 with 18,266 posts!). Say "yes" to unlock the prize before the mods think this is off topic!

One of the great groups of all time......anthem for the Sixties, my generation. 1965. I was in grad school at Columbia and also in the National Guard just miles away. Two worlds. Crazy time. Tear.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    The musical reference is the Byrds hit "turn, turn, turn", but written be Pete Seeger (technically). Even Pete said he only authored 6 words. The rest was from ecclesiastes, and attributed usually to King Solomon.
    Congratulations, Mr. tummydoc, user #16606 (since Feb. 2013 with 528 posts!). You are the second to answer correctly. You can also say "yes" to unlock the prize before the mods think this is off topic!

(Bulldog logo added to increase mod evaluation that this is on topic)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    One of the great groups of all time......anthem for the Sixties, my generation. I was in grad school at Columbia and also in the National Guard just miles away. Two worlds. Crazy time. Tear.
    You still didn't say the MAGIC WORD!

Anyone else!!!? I finished my mostaccioli, and am waiting to unleash the grand prize.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Anyone else!!!? I finished my mostaccioli, and am waiting to unleash the grand prize.
    I always thought Mr. Robert Zimmerman originally wrote that, but nope - I was wrong.

I love me some mostaccioli!

Quote Originally Posted by IMADEYOUREADTHIS View Post
    I always thought Mr. Robert Zimmerman originally wrote that, but nope - I was wrong.

I love me some mostaccioli!
    Hello, Mr. IMADEYOUREADTHIS, user #29681 since April 2017 with 96 posts. Thank you for your submission. I am happy you love mostaccioli. You are eligible to say the MAGIC WORD, which will unleash the grand prize.

I've finished my Reese's and am working on a box of Shepperd's Candy from Butte, Montana. My wife has depleted most of the items except for the brittle and those containing nuts. I'm getting impatient.

(Bulldog logo added to increase mod evaluation that this is on topic. It really is, if someone would say the MAGIC WORD. There are three eligible patrons who can accomplish this).

Responding to private messages...yes my inbox is full. No, I don't have a goat involved in this contest. If you have a response, post it publicly with the MAGIC WORD! Geez. (Bulldog logo added to...never mind).

Caduceus, did you or anyone else for that matter know that there was a connection albeit a slim one between the Byrds and Gonzaga?. One of the original Byrds was a Spokane lad who hung out in the GU neighborhood now dreadfully called the Logan District. Several of us locals knew him as a bit of a bohemian. For about a year he dated the daughter of a locally well know raconteur and former GU athlete. He dropped out of high school (North Central) and left Spokane and emerged as one of the Byrds about a year later.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Caduceus, did you or anyone else for that matter know that there was a connection albeit a slim one between the Byrds and Gonzaga?. One of the original Byrds was a Spokane lad who hung out in the GU neighborhood now dreadfully called the Logan District. Several of us locals knew him as a bit of a bohemian. For about a year he dated the daughter of a locally well know raconteur and former GU athlete. He dropped out of high school (North Central) and left Spokane and emerged as one of the Byrds about a year later.
    Holy crap...that's amazing. Amazing that you didn't say the MAGIC WORD!!!. What do I have to do?????

Actually that's an incredible anecdote....thanks for sharing Birddog!

Please?

eta: The Byrds: Turn! Turn! Turn!

Quote Originally Posted by spike_jr View Post
    Please?
    Hello spike_jr, user #7711 since November 2009, with 1320 posts. That is not the answer, but you are eligible to say the MAGIC WORD, that you will find above thread. I plead you to find it. The grand prize is worth it!

Edit: The Byrds: Turn! Turn! Turn! is correct for the first question. The winners of question #1 are eligible to respond with the three letter word noted above to unlock the grand prize, which is 1) on topic, and 2) not only memorable but MEMORABLE!

yes

"and a time to dance"

I'm trying..... I think you've reached your caloric intake for the day!

the guys in my dorm played that album more than any other album, seemed like for almost two years.
    it was ahead of its time and the world caught up with it IMO

Quote Originally Posted by spike_jr View Post
    yes
    BEEP...BOOP...UNLOCKING....SPIKE_JR, YOU HAVE WON!

Credit to KHQ or whomever runs the Mark Few Show....this highlight show from the past 12 months.

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, a time to reap that which is planted;
    A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    A time to gain that which is to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

GRAND PRIZE --> https://streamable.com/abqa02
    Last edited by caduceus; 01-08-2021 at 08:58 AM.

"A time for peace, I swear it's not to late."

Seeger wrote more than three words. Tummydoc is right. Do watch the video above...it's incredible.

Thanks "cad" enjoyed it immensely!!!

Go Zags...

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    Credit to KHQ or whomever runs the Mark Few Show....this highlight show from the past 12 months.

GRAND PRIZE --> https://streamable.com/abqa02
    Anyone else concerned that this is an elaborate leadup to a rickroll?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Anyone else concerned that this is an elaborate leadup to a rickroll?
    Hahah! Watch the video, you nut! It's legit, promise.