Thread: Unlock Me! 2020-21

Hybrid View

Default Unlock Me! 2020-21

It's game time! It's riddle time! I have posts prepared for your enjoyment. Answer the riddle, and you will enjoy the first musical part. The second part will be even more enjoyable!

There is a Season we are so fortunate to experience.

It's often like it's time to be born, and then our opponents find the time to die. Like a farmer, we plant and then, in time, we reap. In games it's a time to kill, and then we take time to heal. When we win, it's a time to laugh, and for opponents, they weep.

What am I referring to? I know this is too easy for some veterans.

Go.

I'm going to bed, so I might not respond for a few hours!

Ok, since no response, I'm eating grandma's mostaccioli recipe. And maybe some Reese's chocolates after that. Tick tock....

Turn, turn, yada, yadda.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Turn, turn, yada, yadda.
    Knew you'd be the first to respond. Winner winner, KFC dinner.

Ecclesiastes.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, a time to reap that which is planted;
    A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    A time to gain that which is to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
    A time of love, and a time of hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Peete Seeger wrote three words of the song (Turn, turn, turn) and made millions from it (but donated to great causes).

Congratulations, Mr. jazzdelmar, user #437 (since Feb. 2007 with 18,266 posts!). Say "yes" to unlock the prize before the mods think this is off topic!

One of the great groups of all time......anthem for the Sixties, my generation. 1965. I was in grad school at Columbia and also in the National Guard just miles away. Two worlds. Crazy time. Tear.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    One of the great groups of all time......anthem for the Sixties, my generation. I was in grad school at Columbia and also in the National Guard just miles away. Two worlds. Crazy time. Tear.
    You still didn't say the MAGIC WORD!

(Bulldog logo added to increase mod evaluation that this is on topic)

The musical reference is the Byrds hit "turn, turn, turn", but written be Pete Seeger (technically). Even Pete said he only authored 6 words. The rest was from ecclesiastes, and attributed usually to King Solomon.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    The musical reference is the Byrds hit "turn, turn, turn", but written be Pete Seeger (technically). Even Pete said he only authored 6 words. The rest was from ecclesiastes, and attributed usually to King Solomon.
    Congratulations, Mr. tummydoc, user #16606 (since Feb. 2013 with 528 posts!). You are the second to answer correctly. You can also say "yes" to unlock the prize before the mods think this is off topic!

(Bulldog logo added to increase mod evaluation that this is on topic)

You're in the pointless forest with Oblio and Arrow.

This wasn't supposed to be a long thread. The trivia was EASY, but the contestants failed to follow through. It should have been short and sweet, ending with the above awesome Zag highlight video. Things went........awry.

Quote Originally Posted by caduceus View Post
    This wasn't supposed to be a long thread. The trivia was EASY, but the contestants failed to follow through. It should have been short and sweet, ending with the above awesome Zag highlight video. Things went........awry.
    I dont know these songs. Wait they were about songs right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    I dont know these songs. Wait they were about songs right?
    No. The first question was kind of a teaser (about a classic song), leading to the next step, which simply required one to say the word "yes" in a post (which would lead to me posting the Zag video). The thread was primarily about the Zag highlight video featuring the past 12 months of Gonzaga Basketball, posted above as the "Grand Prize."

I thought it might bring a little levity on a non-game day rather than simply posting the video. Instead there are confused people that just passed over the video link. Whatever. Hundreds of views of this thread, and only a few dozen people bothered to watch the video. Probably not worth the effort next time.

For those who need assistance...here is the link to the Zag Highlight Film that encompasses the last year (yes, 12 months) of Gonzaga Basketball (Hi Tillie!), and probably includes all of the top dunks inflicted on our opponents since the earth last traveled around the sun. I try really hard to make myself clear in communication. If anyone is still confused (no one should be at this point), just click on the link below.

For the suspicious: It's not a damn RickRoll. Its. A. Video. Of. Zags. Shredding. Their. Opponents! And possibly the best edited docu and DUNKS of the Bulldogs since the pandemic (ooh, caution word) started. Sadly, our forum doesn't embed video links other than YouTube and a few others. So just click the damn link:

https://streamable.com/abqa02

Hopefully, the confused are now un-confused. I've spent too much time on this.

Grasshopper, you miss the point. The destination is less important than the journey to enlightenment. The video is great, but if you just posted a link we would never have gotten Birdog's nugget on Michael Dick being a local boy in the Byrds. I liked the journey. If you don't know where your going, any road will take you there.

Now there's a musical reference for you, do you know the origin?

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Grasshopper, you miss the point. The destination is less important than the journey to enlightenment. The video is great, but if you just posted a link we would never have gotten Birdog's nugget on Michael Dick being a local boy in the Byrds. I liked the journey. If you don't know where your going, any road will take you there.

Now there's a musical reference for you, do you know the origin?
    Well said. Thank you. Oooh, ooh, me, me. I know this one:

Honestly, he was the best Beatle.