Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Year - Is anyone else just a little concerned

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    I saw the comparison someone else made to Karno. I remember Karno's RS freshman year when he couldn't stay on his feet. By that metric, Ballo is ahead of Karno in RS freshman development. That's a positive sign. Between that and physical development, I'm high on Ballo.
    Fairly sure Karno’s redshirt year was medical during his senior year. He was a true freshman when playing for us first time.
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

we are looking forward to the growth and development of Harris and Strawther, recruits in the range of 50's and 60's. My memory is that one ranking agency for recruits had Pavel Zacharov at 43. I sure hope he can grow and develop also. Hope he is not at his ceiling.

Chet Holmgren is incredible. The OP assumes Holmgren and Sallis come? Zero concern. Team will be loaded again if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Chet Holmgren is incredible. The OP assumes Holmgren and Sallis come? Zero concern. Team will be loaded again if that happens.
    - add too holmgren and sallis, most likely the top 6-6 or 6-7 wing transfer in the country (and assuming timme returns) i will anger many for saying so, but i want to be the first to do so...........i'm allowed as i'm a fan as in fanatic who reasons by heart and not necessary the head..........i see back to back undefeated seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - add too holmgren and sallis, most likely the top 6-6 or 6-7 wing transfer in the country (and assuming timme returns) i will anger many for saying so, but i want to be the first to do so...........i'm allowed as i'm a fan as in fanatic who reasons by heart and not necessary the head..........i see back to back undefeated seasons.
    Who is this "top wing transfer" in the country? Did you just drop a bomb on us?

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    Nimari Burnett?

- no inside info on a wing transfer, just mean to underscore that for the past several years we up grade our roster with a top notch transfer.
    - plus if you were a top notch wing looking to transfer, and you ae not a me first type of player, gonzaga has to be at the top of your list.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    Fairly sure Karno’s redshirt year was medical during his senior year. He was a true freshman when playing for us first time.
    I'm a fraud and I was viciously outed. You're right though, It was his freshman year when I watched him thinking "why can't this dude stay upright?" Then he dominated college basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Remember this post two months ago? The difference between the "A" team and the "B" team is just too much for my comfort zone. Much of the "A" team will be gone next year. It sounds as if there are a few of you out there that share my concern.

I have no concerns whatsoever with “next year”.

Will they be among the best college basketball teams EVER? Doubtful. Will they be okay? Absolutely.

No concerns whatsoever ... and fwiw I can’t wait for this thread to drop back to page 2,3 or 4 where it was resting comfortably

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post

Will they be among the best college basketball teams EVER? Doubtful. Will they be okay? Absolutely.

No concerns whatsoever ... and fwiw I can’t wait for this thread to drop back to page 2,3 or 4 where it was resting comfortably
    +1. This team reloads better than anyone. Can we just focus on enjoying this year and give our trust to the staff they will find a way to be extremely successful once again? I have a feeling that certain commits in the next 2 months will change the tune on next year. But, until then...

The team as it stands now, assuming a few key departures would be okay. It would not be great. Add in Sallis and Holmgren and they could repeat the greatness of this year.

If you are satisfied with "okay" then I'm not concerned either. There is a large gap between #1 like this year and "okay", We have been spoiled with better than "okay". Hell SMC is okay - if you are satisfied with that then your standard is lower than mine. Take care GoZags, Thank you for being a great moderator. Generally I agree 100% with your posts.

We need a transfer big with experience to come in...Clarke or Sabonis would do! Also we we may be young with guard experience unless Nemby would stay and Cook. Strawther and Harris will need to have a productive summer with development otherwise this will be a fringe Top 25 for a good majority of the year.
    America's Team!

20 years of evidence that the cupboard will be restocked. I'll start to worry on about Nov 1st, 2021 if there isn't a loaded roster ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    We need a transfer big with experience to come in...Clarke or Sabonis would do! Also we we may be young with guard experience unless Nemby would stay and Cook. Strawther and Harris will need to have a productive summer with development otherwise this will be a fringe Top 25 for a good majority of the year.
    Add in Sallis and Holmgren, coupled with a return of Timme and Ayayi, and it’s still final 4/national championship goals

At this point -- We don't know for sure who is leaving -- and we don't know for sure who is coming ---- to fret/worry about it now really does not make sense.

Trust the process.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    At this point -- We don't know for sure who is leaving -- and we don't know for sure who is coming ---- to fret/worry about it now really does not make sense.

Trust the process.......
    Trust the process

This is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    If you are satisfied with "okay" then I'm not concerned either. There is a large gap between #1 like this year and "okay", We have been spoiled with better than "okay". Hell SMC is okay - if you are satisfied with that then your standard is lower than mine. Take care GoZags, Thank you for being a great moderator. Generally I agree 100% with your posts.
    Your definition of the “context” of ‘okay’ vastly differs from mine. I could have said the Zags will be “fine” and your retort would probably include some sentiment that SMC is “fine”.

I have ZERO worries about the Zags next season. NONE whatsoever. And that’s just with what is publicly known.

Zags will be fine next year. And I am okay with that.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Your definition of the “context” of ‘okay’ vastly differs from mine. I could have said the Zags will be “fine” and your retort would probably include some sentiment that SMC is “fine”.

I have ZERO worries about the Zags next season. NONE whatsoever. And that’s just with what is publicly known.

Zags will be fine next year. And I am okay with that.
    I trust that you know more than me, but if the line up next year is

Nembhard/Harris
    Sallis/Harris
    Watson/Strawther
    Holmgren/Gregg/Zang
    Timme/Perry/Ballo/Zacharov

then i think we willl be more than fine. As in top 5 fine. AN would be NWG esque and then you have an all american big, and two top 6 recruits (one being the #1 recruit), plus a guy in watson who i expect to be much better.

Thats not even considering AYayi or Cook coming back or the circus that will be the transfer market which if we go to the finals we will have our pickens.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I trust that you know more than me, but if the line up next year is

Nembhard/Harris
    Sallis/Harris
    Watson/Strawther
    Holmgren/Gregg/Zang
    Timme/Perry/Ballo/Zacharov

then i think we willl be more than fine. As in top 5 fine. AN would be NWG esque and then you have an all american big, and two top 6 recruits (one being the #1 recruit), plus a guy in watson who i expect to be much better.

Thats not even considering AYayi or Cook coming back or the circus that will be the transfer market which if we go to the finals we will have our pickens.
    Top 5 “fine” works for me.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

GZ knows... in a good way! Lol

My wild arse hope:

GU wins a natty this year and like the Billy Donovan Florida team of 2005-06, those who can decide to come back. . .

Suggs, Nembhard, Holmgren, Harris, Strawther, Gregg, Watson, Sallis, Ballo, Timme, Ayayi. . .

I know: Pipe dream.

I will check back in mid April

Right now I am fully immersed and enjoying this years team and the journey they are on
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    My wild arse hope:

GU wins a natty this year and like the Billy Donovan Florida team of 2005-06, those who can decide to come back. . .

Suggs, Nembhard, Holmgren, Harris, Strawther, Gregg, Watson, Sallis, Ballo, Timme, Ayayi. . .

I know: Pipe dream.
    I don’t think it’s a pipe dream. Lots of talent here already . Even if Suggs etc leaves. Plenty left in the tank and newcomers are spectacular. . We need to salt away a title this year. No big news there.