Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Where Was Aaron Cook Tonight?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    45

    Default Where Was Aaron Cook Tonight?

    Didn't see him at all.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Good question


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post
    Didn't see him at all.
    He was on the bench suited up.. strange.. if he lost his spot to Harris that is a mistake. But since he didnt see a minute in a game that was out of hand, have to figure it was injury related.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,370

    Default

    Per Jim Meehan:

    Cook has been battling a leg injury since Virginia. Played through it the last two games, but still bothering him.
    via Meehan's twitter feed


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    “They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Just saw on Twitter (KREM reporter) that Mark Few said he was injured during the Virginia game. Upper leg. And he tried to play through it the last two games. Battling through it, but it hasn't improved.

  6. #6

    Default

    Next two games verse Santa Clara and Portland.. rest him up and get him 100%

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Next two games versus Santa Clara and Portland.. rest him up and get him 100%
    I totally agree, we have a deep bench. If Aaron needs rest, let him rest. No reason to panic, we are on our regular Thurs / Sat schedule now.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    4 miles from MAC
    Posts
    4,094

    Default

    @BrennaGreene_
    ·
    1h
    Few says Aaron Cook got banged up in the Virginia game and that it’s been bothering him but he’s tried to play through it. Upper leg injury. Few says they need to get an x-Ray on it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Spokane / Goodyear, AZ
    Posts
    2,048

    Default

    Aaron is a great player and we need him. Here's to a speedy recovery for him...
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Aaron is a great player and we need him. Here's to a speedy recovery for him...
    +1
    Harris and Strawther will develop into great players but Cook is far and away the better guard option and team player. His D, experience and humility will be key for Zags if/when they ever get a shot at Baylor.

    Harris sure looks to be all about getting his shot when on the court, particularly during mop up minutes when all bench players are in. Understandable for an alpha frosh, I guess, but far cry from the beautiful passing and off ball movement we see with our veteran littles and Suggs.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    +1
    Harris and Strawther will develop into great players but Cook is far and away the better guard option and team player. His D, experience and humility will be key for Zags if/when they ever get a shot at Baylor.

    Harris sure looks to be all about getting his shot when on the court, particularly during mop up minutes when all bench players are in. Understandable for an alpha frosh, I guess, but far cry from the beautiful passing and off ball movement we see with our veteran littles and Suggs.
    Harris performance is actually humorous. Like the little kid at the dad softball game, earnestly but selfishly trying to impress his elders. Straw much less so. Astonishingly, Few seems humored as well. The rarefied air, maybe.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,597

    Default

    Terrible Trio is a cute but errant collective term. Suggs is a top 5 now and Harris and Straw will be four year players.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Wa.
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    @BrennaGreene_
    ·
    1h
    Few says Aaron Cook got banged up in the Virginia game and that it’s been bothering him but he’s tried to play through it. Upper leg injury. Few says they need to get an x-Ray on it.
    - do not like the suggestion of a needed x-ray, that is not the typical diagnostic tool for a soft tissue strain injury.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, Wa.
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Terrible Trio is a cute but errant collective term. Suggs is a top 5 now and Harris and Straw will be four year players.
    - and in 2-3 years it will be like gold to have them, perhaps like a bell, pangos, ayayi, kispert, pendo, hart, and so on.
    - always best to have mix of upper classmen, transfers and one and done's on the team.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - do not like the suggestion of a needed x-ray, that is not the typical diagnostic tool for a soft tissue strain injury.
    My exact thought when I read that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16

    Default

    Update anyone?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeysZag View Post
    Update anyone?
    May not get one till 30 minutes prior to tip
    Qualified for 21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    2021 Undefeated Regular Season

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,418

    Default

    Cook played 11 minutes against Portland .....Harris didn't play..... a healthy Cook will be important in the Dance.....

  19. #19

    Default

    Harris played 8 minutes.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Harris played 8 minutes.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Dom needs a bit more time to get acclimated to the college game. A bunch of freshman have to endure those growing pains.

    As a UTEP season ticket holder in the 80s, I saw Tim Hardaway go through those same pains. Just like Dom, his talent was obvious. I saw all I needed to see from Dom when he dunked over James Wiseman on ESPN his junior year.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Harris played 8 minutes.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Whoops....my bad...thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •