Thread: Where Was Aaron Cook Tonight?

Default Where Was Aaron Cook Tonight?

Didn't see him at all.

Good question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daskim View Post
    Didn't see him at all.
    He was on the bench suited up.. strange.. if he lost his spot to Harris that is a mistake. But since he didnt see a minute in a game that was out of hand, have to figure it was injury related.

Per Jim Meehan:

Cook has been battling a leg injury since Virginia. Played through it the last two games, but still bothering him.
    via Meehan's twitter feed

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Just saw on Twitter (KREM reporter) that Mark Few said he was injured during the Virginia game. Upper leg. And he tried to play through it the last two games. Battling through it, but it hasn't improved.

Next two games verse Santa Clara and Portland.. rest him up and get him 100%

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Next two games versus Santa Clara and Portland.. rest him up and get him 100%
    I totally agree, we have a deep bench. If Aaron needs rest, let him rest. No reason to panic, we are on our regular Thurs / Sat schedule now.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

@BrennaGreene_
    ·
    1h
    Few says Aaron Cook got banged up in the Virginia game and that it’s been bothering him but he’s tried to play through it. Upper leg injury. Few says they need to get an x-Ray on it.

Aaron is a great player and we need him. Here's to a speedy recovery for him...
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Aaron is a great player and we need him. Here's to a speedy recovery for him...
    +1
    Harris and Strawther will develop into great players but Cook is far and away the better guard option and team player. His D, experience and humility will be key for Zags if/when they ever get a shot at Baylor.

Harris sure looks to be all about getting his shot when on the court, particularly during mop up minutes when all bench players are in. Understandable for an alpha frosh, I guess, but far cry from the beautiful passing and off ball movement we see with our veteran littles and Suggs.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    +1
    Harris and Strawther will develop into great players but Cook is far and away the better guard option and team player. His D, experience and humility will be key for Zags if/when they ever get a shot at Baylor.

Harris sure looks to be all about getting his shot when on the court, particularly during mop up minutes when all bench players are in. Understandable for an alpha frosh, I guess, but far cry from the beautiful passing and off ball movement we see with our veteran littles and Suggs.
    Harris performance is actually humorous. Like the little kid at the dad softball game, earnestly but selfishly trying to impress his elders. Straw much less so. Astonishingly, Few seems humored as well. The rarefied air, maybe.

Terrible Trio is a cute but errant collective term. Suggs is a top 5 now and Harris and Straw will be four year players.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    @BrennaGreene_
    ·
    1h
    Few says Aaron Cook got banged up in the Virginia game and that it’s been bothering him but he’s tried to play through it. Upper leg injury. Few says they need to get an x-Ray on it.
    - do not like the suggestion of a needed x-ray, that is not the typical diagnostic tool for a soft tissue strain injury.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Terrible Trio is a cute but errant collective term. Suggs is a top 5 now and Harris and Straw will be four year players.
    - and in 2-3 years it will be like gold to have them, perhaps like a bell, pangos, ayayi, kispert, pendo, hart, and so on.
    - always best to have mix of upper classmen, transfers and one and done's on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - do not like the suggestion of a needed x-ray, that is not the typical diagnostic tool for a soft tissue strain injury.
    My exact thought when I read that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeysZag View Post
    Update anyone?
    May not get one till 30 minutes prior to tip
    Qualified for 21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Cook played 11 minutes against Portland .....Harris didn't play..... a healthy Cook will be important in the Dance.....

Harris played 8 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Harris played 8 minutes.

Dom needs a bit more time to get acclimated to the college game. A bunch of freshman have to endure those growing pains.

As a UTEP season ticket holder in the 80s, I saw Tim Hardaway go through those same pains. Just like Dom, his talent was obvious. I saw all I needed to see from Dom when he dunked over James Wiseman on ESPN his junior year.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Harris played 8 minutes.

Whoops....my bad...thanks