Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: USF @ GU - 01.02.21

Quote Originally Posted by Zag4Hire View Post
    Ayayi doing all his Swiss Army work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wouldn't be more correct to call Joel a Swiss Franc?

Sorry, I need a beer...my daughter sensed my need, she and her spouse just invited me to join them.

Farnham with KoD for GU. Ugh.

IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I'm about to wet myself, what a shot. And these ESPN guys are miles ahead of Heister and company, can we get them again?
    Fran And Sciambi? Sure... may have to pay them 5x heisters salary though

Cook would have been in already, especially because our D needs serious help. That he has not says he is not available.
    GO ZAGS!!!

Take Bouya out of the game and we pull away comfortably in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Wouldn't be more correct to call Joel a Swiss Franc?

Sorry, I need a beer...my daughter sensed my need, she and her spouse just invited me to join them.
    Haha sure. Just speaks more to his utility as you know. Usually just call him Merv.

IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Come on boys. Tighten up on defense. Jalen, you've gotta play a bit smarter. The team needs you on the court. Not on the bench. For some reason the Zags always have a somewhat tight game with the Dons.

Kispert and his stats. Just amazing
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Nembhard fast becoming most reliable guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    It’s actually pretty amazing how these “fans” rag on players for the #1 team in the country because they all aren’t scoring 20+ points a game.
    Or somehow they can see a player isn’t good and are better evaluators of talent than Coach Few.

I can’t wait to experience their toxicity if we are down during a game, or heaven forbid lose.
    It's not just us, we're mild when it comes to the blue bloods. Hell, I remember this one guy at UTEP games that made jazz and zffl look like Boy Scouts. I finally turned around and said, "yeah, Haskins is just dumb enough to win 500 games", and he went on to win another 150+.

The Bear IMO did more with less than almost any other coach I've seen. You try and recruit great players to El Paso, it's a damn difficult task.

As much as I love both El Paso and Spokane, both can be difficult to recruit to.

Suggs needs to adjust his aggressiveness.... dial it back for injuries and fouls...just a notch...he’ll learn

Good start on my drinking game. Iím taking a shot every time jazz complains about a player. This counts as 2
    I'll do my best to catch up in the second half...should be easy peasy, I'm not driving tonight. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sarenyon View Post
    Cook would have been in already, especially because our D needs serious help. That he has not says he is not available.
    Has there been any word? It sure seems like we could use him tonight. He must be unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I Donít think Iíve ever see a better passing collegiate team. Amazing like the Celtics of old.
    That's been the prevailing sentiment across the hoops analyst spectrum.

My, the Zags are a fun team to watch.

only 1 o board for usf, big key playing d like this, forcing the dribble after switching everyintg on the perimeter usually with no help. USf will make some twos but can't give up the 3s, and no 2nd chances. plus they are trying to take away Zag running game so d glass is key. I thought this D worked pretty well witin the game plan

when Zags pressed it was 2 2 1 with AW out there, usually it's been 1 2 2, but only once maybe twice tonight?created a turnover once, Zags up 9-6 in that department

I'll do my best to catch up in the second half...should be easy peasy, I'm not driving tonight. lol
    Up to 3! Any adversity in the second half should end up with me on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Suggs needs to adjust his aggressiveness.... dial it back for injuries and fouls...just a notch...he’ll learn
    agree, have made that same point

Quote Originally Posted by Sarenyon View Post
    Anyone seen Aaron on the bench? Or is it that Coach is trying different combinations tonight?

Prayers for Dave Rose.

It's not just us, we're mild when it comes to the blue bloods. Hell, I remember this one guy at UTEP games that made jazz and zffl look like Boy Scouts. I finally turned around and said, "yeah, Haskins is just dumb enough to win 500 games", and he went on to win another 150+.

The Bear IMO did more with less than almost any other coach I've seen. You try and recruit great players to El Paso, it's a damn difficult task.

As much as I love both El Paso and Spokane, both can be difficult to recruit to.
    Fair enough, I guess I just expect a little better of our fanbase.

Up to 3! Any adversity in the second half should end up with me on the floor.
    On second thought, I'd have to forego the tall beers to catch up. I can't imbibe like I used to. It's been decades that I was able to hang with the Germans at their drinking games.

The problem with the announcers not being at the arena. They can’t get info like Cook’s availability.

I've driven though El Paso on the way to San Antonio. Could not get out of town fast enough.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

I can’t wait to see the adjustments the refs made at half. Hopefully they’ll come out more aggressive to start the half and really make a statement.

Drew's off a bit tonight.