Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Notable Passages: 2021

I don’t know why but I feel compelled to respond to your relentless and continuous political commentary on this board.
    Colin Powell was a hero and role model for many people on both sides of the aisle.
    The fact that he was vaccinated yet still died of covid is a tragedy for many, especially his family.
    It doesn’t change the fact that your are 10 to 20 times more likely to die of covid if unvaccinated.
    Regardless of how prominent the exception is.

Rest in Peace, General.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    little graphic there leaves out key things. He was battling cancer and Parkinson’s, both of which use drugs that impact the immune system.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Fox.

Nuff said.
    But we don't play nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    little graphic there leaves out key things. He was battling cancer and Parkinson’s, both of which use drugs that impact the immune system.

and how many of the hundreds of thousands counted as Covid deaths.....died from Heart Disease, Cancer, Parkinson's, Kidney disease, liver disease, leukemia?

That's how liberal the government was in counting Covid deaths...they admitted it early on. If you died with Covid we are counting that as a Covid death.

and how many of the hundreds of thousands counted as Covid deaths.....died from Heart Disease, Cancer, Parkinson's, Kidney disease, liver disease, leukemia?

That's how liberal the government was in counting Covid deaths...they admitted it early on. If you died with Covid we are counting that as a Covid death.
    Let me keep it simple for you.

a. His immune system was compromised due to treatments for those diseases.
    b. Because his system was compromised even his vaccinations didn’t allow his system to fight off COVID
    c. He didn’t die from either cancer or Parkinson’s.
    d. He did die for complications due to his COVID infection.

now friggin stop with your political spins on this board. Just stop. You’ve been asked more than once. Just stop
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

Betty Lynn, who portrayed Thelma Lou, the patient girlfriend of Barney Fife, the bumbling deputy sheriff of the homespun town of Mayberry in the long-running 1960s sitcom “The Andy Griffith Show,” died on Saturday in Mount Airy, N.C. She was 95.

The death was announced by the Andy Griffith Museum in Mount Airy, Mr. Griffith’s hometown and the inspiration for fictional Mayberry.

Ms. Lynn joined the cast of the show in 1961, late in the first season, for an episode in which Sheriff Andy Taylor (Mr. Griffith) plays matchmaker between Barney and Thelma Lou.

Let me keep it simple for you.

a. His immune system was compromised due to treatments for those diseases.
    b. Because his system was compromised even his vaccinations didn’t allow his system to fight off COVID
    c. He didn’t die from either cancer or Parkinson’s.
    d. He did die for complications due to his COVID infection.

now friggin stop with your political spins on this board. Just stop. You’ve been asked more than once. Just stop
    You're the one making it about "political spins".

I posted a statement released by the Powell Family and you challenged THEIR statement...... my link included your point.

I have never mentioned politics and vaccine.

Remember GOP administration created "Operation Warp Speed" and all GOP & Dem members I know endorse vaccine....its not a political subject. Don't twist it into one.

You're the one making it about "political spins".

I posted a statement released by the Powell Family and you challenged THEIR statement...... my link included your point.

I have never mentioned politics and vaccine.

Remember GOP administration created "Operation Warp Speed" and all GOP & Dem members I know endorse vaccine....its not a political subject. Don't twist it into one.
    when you question the efficacy of it, you aren’t supporting it. Fox, whom the graphic came from, has articles questioning the vaccines directly based on Powells death from it. When you question the count of people that have died from the virus, you are politicizing it. Don’t act like you have done that. Btw a vast majority of the unvaxxed and refusal to ever be backed are for one party. That’s why it is political. Because most of those decisions aren’t based on facts.

when you question the efficacy of it, you aren’t supporting it. Fox, whom the graphic came from, has articles questioning the vaccines directly based on Powells death from it. When you question the count of people that have died from the virus, you are politicizing it. Don’t act like you have done that. Btw a vast majority of the unvaxxed and refusal to ever be backed are for one party. That’s why it is political. Because most of those decisions aren’t based on facts.
    unvaxxed are a diverse group...including people like Kyrie Irving from New York

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/18/us/bl...tes/index.html

unvaxxed are a diverse group...including people like Kyrie Irving from New York

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/18/us/bl...tes/index.html
    kyrie also believes the world is flat.

Peter Scolari, Emmy-Winning ‘Bosom Buddies’ Actor, Dies at 66

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...66-1235035404/

Quote Originally Posted by Club Prez View Post
    Peter Scolari, Emmy-Winning ‘Bosom Buddies’ Actor, Dies at 66

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...66-1235035404/

What???? Damn... Just saw him in something recently too. RIP

What???? Damn... Just saw him in something recently too. RIP
    That is too bad. I only know him from Bosom Buddies, and I believe he was on the Bob Newhart show where Bob owned an inn in New Hampshire or something like that, but he seemed like a pretty cool guy. 66 is way too young.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    That is too bad. I only know him from Bosom Buddies, and I believe he was on the Bob Newhart show where Bob owned an inn in New Hampshire or something like that, but he seemed like a pretty cool guy. 66 is way too young.
    Was also on the show Girls and more recently Evil. Did a bunch of voiceover work as well.

Tommy DeBarge, 64

Tommy was the lead singer of the group DeBarge, formed with his siblings in 1980... prior to that he was in the R&B group Switch.

Mort Sahl, who confronted Eisenhower-era cultural complacency with acid stage monologues, delivering biting social commentary in the guise of a stand-up comedian and thus changing the nature of both stand-up comedy and social commentary, died on Tuesday at his home in Mill Valley, Calif., near San Francisco. He was 94.

The death was confirmed by Lucy Mercer, a friend helping to oversee his affairs.

Gregarious and contentious — he was once described as “a very likable guy who makes ex-friends easily” — Mr. Sahl had a long, up-and-down career. He faded out of popularity in the mid-1960s, when he devoted his time to ridiculing the Warren Commission report on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy; then, over the following decades, he occasionally faded back in. But before that he was a star and a cult hero of the intelligentsia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/26/a...sahl-dead.html

Really appreciated him, back in the day.
    But we don't play nobody.

Jerry Remy, the Boston Red Sox second baseman who became a fan favorite of Red Sox Nation as the team’s broadcast analyst for the last 34 years, died on Saturday. He was 68.

The cause was cancer, the Red Sox said. They did not say where he died.

Remy had been on leave from his color commentary post with NESN, the New England Sports Network, since early August when he underwent his seventh in a series of treatments for lung cancer, which was first diagnosed in 2008.

Dean Stockwell, ‘Quantum Leap’ and ‘Blue Velvet’ Star, Dead at 85

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/...-obit-1255247/

GoZags!!!
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Pedro Feliciano, 45, in his sleep. Dude's nickname was Perpetual Pedro because anytime you needed him... he was ready to pitch.

Max Cleland, who lost both legs and an arm during the Vietnam War and later became a senator from Georgia, died on Tuesday at his home in Atlanta. He was 79.

After a grenade accident in Vietnam in 1968, Mr. Cleland spent 18 months recuperating. He served in local politics in his native Georgia and as head of the federal Veterans Administration, now the Department of Veterans Affairs, before he was elected to the U.S. Senate in 1996.

He majored in history at Stetson University in Florida and graduated in 1964. He later received a master’s degree in history from Emory University. It was during a fall semester at American University in Washington in 1963 that he resolved to become a senator.

But first, he would enlist. His father and most of his male relatives had fought in World War II, and Max did not want to miss the war of his generation. He joined the Army in 1965 and volunteered for Vietnam in 1967.

On April 8, 1968, just days before his tour was to end, Captain Cleland was on a rescue mission in the village of Khe Sanh when he noticed a hand grenade on the ground. He picked it up and it detonated, instantly severing his right leg and right arm; his left leg was amputated within the hour. He was later awarded the Bronze Star and a Silver Star for meritorious service.

Dean Stockwell, who began his seven-decade acting career as a child in the 1940s and later had key roles in films including “A Long Day’s Journey Into Night” in 1962 and “Blue Velvet” in 1986, while also making his mark in television, most notably as the cigar-smoking Al Calavicci on the hit science fiction series “Quantum Leap,” died on Sunday. He was 85.

Mr. Stockwell had a hot-and-cold relationship with acting that caused him to leave show business for years at a time. But he nonetheless amassed more than 200 film and television acting credits from 1945 to 2015, as well as occasional stage roles.

F.W. de Klerk, who as president of South Africa dismantled the apartheid system that he and his ancestors had helped put in place, died at his home near Cape Town on Thursday. He was 85.

A member of a prominent Afrikaner family, Mr. de Klerk had vehemently defended the separation of the races during his long climb up the political ladder. But once he took over as president in 1989, he stunned his deeply divided nation, and the wider world, by reconsidering South Africa’s racist ways, a step that led to his sharing the Nobel Peace Prize with Nelson Mandela, whom he had released from prison.