Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other Games: Saturday - 01. 02. 21

Miss St trying to gift Kentucky this game at the free throw line.

Tenn isnt in the same stratosphere as the Zags and Baylor. It really is those two teams and then everyone else. I have watched a ton of ball this year and I havent seen a team that is near those two.. as much as others want to make cases for their squads.

Boise State 87 on the road, San Jose State 86. Eight in a row for Leon's boys.

Watching WSU vs 'Cats now. Waiting to see if Greg Heister says anything insulting to D-Train. Probably won't happen, seeing as how this game is national (unless you have Direct-TV). I'm still flummoxed as to the way they call a Wazzu game as opposed to the way they call our game. It's like two different people!
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

I decided to turn the sound on for the last 4 minutes of the Oregon game. Couldn’t last 10 seconds listening to BW ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by cscz28 View Post
    I decided to turn the sound on for the last 4 minutes of the Oregon game. Couldn’t last 10 seconds listening to BW ugh.
    Adult beverages or the ganja is the only way to properly endure a Bill Walton called game. Luckily, both are legal in the state where I live.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Adult beverages or the ganja is the only way to properly endure a Bill Walton called game. Luckily, both are legal in the state where I live.
    Are you kidding? Listening to Walton is like listening to Pink Floyd. One cannot grasp the full subliminal enlightenment unless in a mind altered state. You cannot grasp the full meaning of Bill Walton with a coherent mind, in fact, I don't know how anyone could stand more than five minutes of him otherwise.

No worse than Terry Bradshaw though. Some of these people actually think that THEY are the show. That they are bigger than the game itself. Some of them I can deal with. Some of them have gotten very stale. I think Walton is much funnier than Bradshaw (I'm not setting the bar high here) as Walton doesn't split a gut laughing at his own bad jokes. At least Vitale is plugging cancer research for kids and seems sincerely well intended.

Hell, even Fran was going off into unrelated tangents when Suggs was making some of his best plays of the game. The broadcasters were obviously bored. ESPN, please stop with the Big 12 lovers, and give us a someone that is into the West Coast. We were definitely spoiled by CBS with Bill Rafferty, a guy with little obvious regional bias, and a love for great basketball.

Give me that guy that cried; "The slipper still fits!" from the 1999 tournament Florida game. The same guy that cried; "Larry Bird" when Morrison banked in the game winner against Oklahoma State (He was paired with Rafferty of course). He never seemed bored.
    Last edited by MickMick; 01-03-2021 at 12:18 PM.
    I miss Mike Hart

Ariz. 86
    WSU 82 OT

NO. ARIZ. 83
    Idaho 78

AUBURN 66
    Texas A & M 68

NW STATE 93
    Houston Baptist 98 OT
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Watching WSU vs 'Cats now. Waiting to see if Greg Heister says anything insulting to D-Train. Probably won't happen, seeing as how this game is national (unless you have Direct-TV). I'm still flummoxed as to the way they call a Wazzu game as opposed to the way they call our game. It's like two different people!
    - i watched/listened to the arizona-wsu game. i swear for a zag fan, you would not recognize heister or dickau (but for their voices). they are completely professional, insightful, heister actually works at not being a homer for the cougs. they simply are very good. this just tells me they are selfish and put on an act when they call a zags game.

- the cougs of course couged the game, lost in double overtime, made 2 of 10 free throws in the two overtime periods. 3 different players went to the line to shoot 2, to extend a lead and missed all 6. for the game they were 19 of 37, 51%

I wish Walton and Hester could call a game together just to see if they could both say something so incredibly stupid at the same time that they make each other's heads explode.

John Sciambi’s Walton story was priceless

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    I wish Walton and Hester could call a game together just to see if they could both say something so incredibly stupid at the same time that they make each other's heads explode.
    I'd unmute to listen to that, at least for a spell, and follow SorenTodd's leadership into that morass

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Tenn isnt in the same stratosphere as the Zags and Baylor. It really is those two teams and then everyone else. I have watched a ton of ball this year and I havent seen a team that is near those two.. as much as others want to make cases for their squads.
    I’d love to watch a Baylor game. Has a single one of their games been on TV this year?

Quote Originally Posted by jayray View Post
    I’d love to watch a Baylor game. Has a single one of their games been on TV this year?
    Baylor looks like a bunch BIG XII football defensive lineman and tight ends that can shoot three-pointers. They have some big, strong dudes who can play excellent basketball. I hope somebody else knocks them out of the NCAA Tournament before we play them, because I don’t know if Timme and Watson can defend their big men.