Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 73

Thread: GU vs San Francisco (Home edition) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    13,511

    Default GU vs San Francisco (Home edition) - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

    OK... down to conference play! Zags are facing an up and down Dons team. With bad losses like UMass Lowell and solid wins like UVa. Zags typically play USF well at home.

    What are you hoping to see on Saturday? Expecting to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

    Have at it boys and girls!!!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,889

    Default

    I think their team and coach hate the zags. I expect USF will play one of their best games if the season.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    I think their team and coach hate the zags. I expect USF will play one of their best games if the season.
    USF is usually a thorn in our side. Let's face it, everyone's going to have the Zags circled on their schedule.

    Zags 97
    Dons 80

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Side
    Posts
    6,101

    Default

    Zags 94
    Usf 78
    Love the zags for life

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    USF is usually a thorn in our side. Let's face it, everyone's going to have the Zags circled on their schedule.
    And that's the way it should be. Look at what happened last night in Tulsa. But we will overcome, we are better than the Dons. We will zig, we will zag, and we will conquer.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,016

    Default

    Zags - 91
    Dons - 73


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,878

    Default

    Gu 98-67

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,314

    Default

    Gonzaga 80
    San Francisco 73

    USF will play the same low-possession game style they did vs. GU last year and this year vs. Virginia.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 12-31-2020 at 09:47 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    From my other sports board: San Francisco-Gonzaga: Jon Sciambi, Fran Fraschilla. I don't know much about these announcers, but at least they should stay focused (cough, cough, Heister).
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Not worried about this one, ZAGS by 15+

    Want to see Jalen back on the floor for the opening tip. But sit him if he's not 100%, the guys have bigger fish to fry later in the year.

    Always concerned about the return game at War Memorial, but that's a conversation for another day

    Go ZAGS

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    2,840

    Smile USF beat #4UVa! USF beat #4UVa!

    Victors Square Off, a rhymed couplet
    <ahem>
    Though both beat the Cavs,
    Zags win both the halves.

    -----
    GU - 99
    USF - 68





    :]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,792

    Default

    USF is rated in the Top 100 on KenPom, NET, and RPI, but are not ranked in the Top 70 on any of those metrics. They are well-coached and will have scouted the Zags quite well. They will put up a fight.

    It won’t be enough. Zags win 92-81.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    1,401

    Default

    88-79 ZAGS

    SF always seems to have people shoot out of their minds. Half court eyes closed shots that will go in but than shoot 3-21 from 3 the following game vs nobody.
    America's Team!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    From my other sports board: San Francisco-Gonzaga: Jon Sciambi, Fran Fraschilla. I don't know much about these announcers, but at least they should stay focused (cough, cough, Heister).
    Do you have any idea which ESPN channel will carry the broadcast of this game (i.e., ESPN2)?
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richland, Washington
    Posts
    6,582

    Default

    Bottom line.....need to run those boys off the three point line. A skip pass away from looking foolish.

    The backcourt needs to live up to the press clippings in this one.


    15-20 points from transition basketball should win this for GU and if Tony Bennett couldn't slow GU down, I don't see the Dons doing it either. Run, Run, run. Zags by 15 in a tougher than expected matchup. 89-74
    I miss Mike Hart

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Do you have any idea which ESPN channel will carry the broadcast of this game (i.e., ESPN2)?
    Still waiting on confirmation, it will be either the Deuce or the "U". I can't imagine, though, the Zags ending up on ESPNU.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    51

    Default

    I remember their guard Frankie Ferrari, he was a pretty good player.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    And that's the way it should be. Look at what happened last night in Tulsa. But we will overcome, we are better than the Dons. We will zig, we will zag, and we will conquer.
    Hi Soren,
    what happened in Tulsa last night?

    If I remember correctly weren't the Dons up on us at halftime 2 of the 3 times we played them last year?
    I think the Dons used to hate us, their coach sometimes would refer to few as that coach up there, but I don't think
    that hatred has been the case since they changed coaches.
    GU 89
    Dons 71

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    Hi Soren,
    what happened in Tulsa last night?

    If I remember correctly weren't the Dons up on us at halftime 2 of the 3 times we played them last year?
    I think the Dons used to hate us, their coach sometimes would refer to few as that coach up there, but I don't think
    that hatred has been the case since they changed coaches.
    GU 89
    Dons 71
    #5 Houston was taken down in Tulsa by one. A Tulsa player was fouled with 0.1 seconds on the clock, and hit both free throws. From what little I saw, Houston trailed during the second half by single digits, but came back in the last couple of minutes.

    Crazy things can happen on the road.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richland, Washington
    Posts
    6,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    #5 Houston was taken down in Tulsa by one. A Tulsa player was fouled with 0.1 seconds on the clock, and hit both free throws. From what little I saw, Houston trailed during the second half by single digits, but came back in the last couple of minutes.

    Crazy things can happen on the road.
    Houston is back on track if they beat SMU, a better team than Tulsa in my opinion.
    I miss Mike Hart

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    Houston is back on track if they beat SMU, a better team than Tulsa in my opinion.
    The reality is that this year, moreso than any I can remember since that Kentucky year about 5 or 6 years back, has 2 teams that are far ahead of the rest-- Baylor and Gonzaga. Outside of those two, any team can lose at any time to anyone. Houston losing last night did not shock me. They were #5 not because of how dominant they were, but because there just arent too many GREAT teams. There is a reason the Zags are 3-1 favorites to win it all this year. Those odds you dont see every year.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    632

    Default

    I expect to see the first of many conference wins.

    Zags - 95
    San Francisco University - 72
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,531

    Default

    Gonzaga 99
    USF 76
    Qualified for 21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    2021 Undefeated Regular Season

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,781

    Default

    95-65 Zags
    At least someone, somewhere, is laughing.

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Still waiting on confirmation, it will be either the Deuce or the "U". I can't imagine, though, the Zags ending up on ESPNU.
    Espn2 has a game schedule to play at 7PM Saturday with no teams named yet. I'm praying it's Gonzaga.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •