Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Dixie State- Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Default GU vs Dixie State- Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Zags last warm-up before conference play. COVID is giving us some odd super short windows.

What are you expecting to see? Hope to see? Thoughts? Predictions?

Have at it boys and girls!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I’ll say it : no injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    I’ll say it : no injuries.
    No Covid positives. If we can make it through the next few days without incident, then you can make a case for allowing fans back in the Kennel, albeit on a limited basis.

96-47 GU

A lot of run for the bench players. No starter over 20 min. But most of all, what TZF and gonstu said!

zags 101
    dixie 64

Zags 96
    Blazers 61

Hopefully see Gregg play at least 2 minutes at the end.

90-58 Zags
    It's not funny.

Gu 98-56

107 - 56

GU!

GU 95
    Dixie 64

Go Zags!!

Blazers - 60
    Zags - 95

Go Zags - Beat the Blazers!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Gonzaga 97
    Dixie 66

I'm learning that our bench will play a lot in games like this; so I have to predict more scoring from Dixie State then I'd prefer. Zags' defense is great this year, but not so much when the end of the bench comes in and the opposition begins to rain 3's at the end of the game. And very little defense inside.

Looking forward to watching the Zags run and pass the ball. I love the way they move the rock. I also love the way they can play defense in the first half. It's really beautiful to watch the movement. They almost look like they are performing a dance routine that has been choreographed by Few or some assistant. It'll be another fun game to watch, that's for sure.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Zags 104
    DSU 76

I'd like to see something unconventional.

Leave three of the seven rotation players on the floor the entire game. Have two of the deeper bench players play with them so that they get used to playing with the elite talent.

For example, have Harris and Ballo sub in for Suggs and Timme to play with Kispert, Watson and Ayayi. Bring Timme and Nembhardt in with Strawther, Ayayi and Arlauskas. Have Pavel sub in for Timme and Suggs for Ayayi to play with that group.

You get the idea.

Having four or five bench players on the floor doesn't allow for any one of them to really shine. Understandably, all of them want to show what they can do and it leads to kids throwing up unnecessary shots and multiple missed defensive assignments on the same play. Playing with a group of rotation players would help them play within the system and the established guys would make the deep bench players perform much better.

These types of games present the chance to do this. I don't expect it to happen, but....

GU-92
    Dixie-60

Go Zags ! Beat the Trailblazers !
    GU - 95 DSU - 63

Zags. 87
    Dixie St. 55
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Zags: 99
    Dixie: 71

I hope to hear the 3 guys talk more about the current game at hand, and not about Dickau's past. I know it's tough to do in a blowout game, but I'd like to hear about Dixie and maybe why they are moving from D2 to D1.

Hope to see more of Marty tonight, as Drew needs some rest. Once conference play starts, we will have a target on our backs.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I hope to hear the 3 guys talk more about the current game at hand, and not about Dickau's past. I know it's tough to do in a blowout game, but I'd like to hear about Dixie and maybe why they are moving from D2 to D1.

Hope to see more of Marty tonight, as Drew needs some rest. Once conference play starts, we will have a target on our backs.
    Drew played only 20 minutes last night, he’s good.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    I'd like to see something unconventional.

Leave three of the seven rotation players on the floor the entire game. Have two of the deeper bench players play with them so that they get used to playing with the elite talent.

For example, have Harris and Ballo sub in for Suggs and Timme to play with Kispert, Watson and Ayayi. Bring Timme and Nembhardt in with Strawther, Ayayi and Arlauskas. Have Pavel sub in for Timme and Suggs for Ayayi to play with that group.

You get the idea.

Having four or five bench players on the floor doesn't allow for any one of them to really shine. Understandably, all of them want to show what they can do and it leads to kids throwing up unnecessary shots and multiple missed defensive assignments on the same play. Playing with a group of rotation players would help them play within the system and the established guys would make the deep bench players perform much better.

These types of games present the chance to do this. I don't expect it to happen, but....

We just might see this during conference play, without it being intentional on Coach's part. How many times have we seen WCC referees call a game so inconsistently, that players don't adjust until after a quick second or third foul?

Zags 102 Dixie State 64

94-58 zags
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Zags 93-68

Dixie may be first year D1 but they Aren’t scrubs. Their only loss came to a very solid southern Utah game at their place in a tight match.

Zags 91
    Dixie state- 68