Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zags vs Virginia Post Game thoughts

Default Zags vs Virginia Post Game thoughts

Zags win 98 to 75!!!

Omg Kispert!!! Kispert just tied Dan Dickau for most 3 pointers in a game. He was amazing!! Timme was special too with 29 points!!! Kispert gets the game ball. Kispert with a career high in points with 32. Wow.
    Love the zags for life

Zags got dudes!

A DD reference by Raf

Some spectacular basketball being played right now. Holy smokes, these guys are good.

May be one of the most complete teams in a long time.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

We just boat-raced a Blue Blood team on national television. Words can't describe the elation I am feeling.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

I believe. That is all.

as i thought, UVA just doesnt have the talent the zags have.

If anyone does its Baylor..

These Zags will have to play a complete #### game to lose before the final four/ championship.

I watch way too much CBB and this is the best team I have seen in recent memory. I dont know what else to say, but that its a complete joy to watch this team.

What did I just watch?? This board had me a nervous wreck pre-game!

Our guys kept the pressure to the 5:00 minute mark when the bench came in. ... and the bench represented okay enough.

Kispert is a leader, Timme is his own man. Suggs, tonight, served as axillary man. Ayayi, is a silent ninja. Watson, showed up for the party too...

I’m sure I’m missing someone, but dang. Dang. That was a statement game.

2021 is going to be delightful in Zagville.

I don't remember the superlatives now being used to describe this GU team being used to describe other high end teams during their seasons...UConn, Duke, Indiana, UNC, etc.... It is quite interesting that the last undefeated title team was Indiana and the announcers continue to remind the country of that 1976 team. An achievement worth keeping an eye on for the Zags.

This game only confirms that Kispert can/will play at the next level. The NBA will find a place for a 6'7" marksman that can hit free throws and drive past you to finish through contact.

I was super impressed with Kispert's high post block (that wasn't a damn foul by the way....all ball). That defensive vertical leap, with both hands high above his head....was impressive to say the least. Far more athletic than I thought. Shedding that weight has done him a world of good.

The whole damn team was impressive. Suggs is a perfect fit for the intangibles and attitude.
    I miss Mike Hart

I started a drinking game, taking a drink everytime I heard the announcers say "unselfish" but I had to quit, I only had a six pack.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Zags had 27 assists and 7 TO’s. That was the most beautiful game of hoops by a Gonzaga team I think I’ve ever seen. The joy and pride I felt watching this team of selfless ballers was so sweet. Kispert shining bright on this national stage is such a sweet reward for the senior leader of this squad.

Parsing the stats and individual performances will be fun but right now I’m just reveling in what a great TEAM this squad is. Every guy seems to have 100% buy in of their role and joy in seeing how good they are as a TEAM.

In Few We Trust. Kudos to Few and staff for creating such a great culture of selfless winners.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Zags had 27 assists and 7 TO’s. That was the most beautiful game of hoops by a Gonzaga team I think I’ve ever seen. The joy and pride I felt watching this team of selfless ballers was so sweet. Kispert shining bright on this national stage is such a sweet reward for the senior leader of this squad.

Parsing the stats and individual performances will be fun but right now I’m just reveling in what a great TEAM this squad is. Every guy seems to have 100% buy in of their role and joy in seeing how good they are as a TEAM.

In Few We Trust. Kudos to Few and staff for creating such a great culture of selfless winners.
    Damn well said!!!
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Wow Kispert was on fire from 3 point tonight count'em 9 three pointers including from deep. And how about Timme 11-13 free throws tonight good night to shine for him also with his parents in attendance. Kispert and Timme were besides themselves tonight, both having career nights on the same day (way cool), and smiling from ear to ear..

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    This game only confirms that Kispert can/will play at the next level. The NBA will find a place for a 6'7" marksman that can hit free throws and drive past you to finish through contact.

I was super impressed with Kispert's high post block (that wasn't a damn foul by the way....all ball). That defensive vertical leap, with both hands high above his head....was impressive to say the least. Far more athletic than I thought. Shedding that weight has done him a world of good.
    Kispert would be in the NBA right now if he had stayed in the draft. I'm quite certain him and his people knew that and he still came back for this season. I really hope Zag nation truly appreciates the sacrifice/risk he took of foregoing an NBA salaried season/rookie contract to come back another year for a natty.

Class act kid and I hope he gets it.

These guys are just good. A beautiful example of team basketball today on national TV. Coulda hung 110+ on UV today.

I went back and reviewed my pre-game thoughts and noticed I missed the 2 key before the 8 on my ZAGS by 8 prediction.

Get ready for the undefeated Natty talk, it's coming...............

Go ZAGS

That was the most complete, impressive game the Zags have ever played, IMO. A thing of beauty. Great defense, low turnovers, hitting their shots, unselfish play, etc. Think I will watch it again.

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    That was the most complete, impressive game the Zags have ever played, IMO. A thing of beauty. Great defense, low turnovers, hitting their shots, unselfish play, etc. Think I will watch it again.
    Oh yeah, no better way to enjoy upcoming week of vacation then to start my day tomorrow by rewatching this game with early AM coffee.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    It's always nice to re-watch and dissect the game with no stress knowing the outcome.
    America's Team!

I bet no one else lights Virginia up for 98.

ESPN Stats & Info
    @ESPNStatsInfo
    ·
    22m
    Gonzaga is the 1st team ever to beat 4 AP top-20 teams in its first 7 games of the season.

The 23-point margin of victory matches Gonzaga's largest against a ranked team under Mark Few.

- okay, i'm over northwestern states second half.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    I bet no one else lights Virginia up for 98.
    I'll drink to that, wait, I already am! But it's so true. Corey had open looks. Coach Bennett will surely work on that for their next game, whoever they play.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

Kispert is making himself a lot of money this year with his play. Improved basically every facet of his game over the off-season.