• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zags11
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

Zags vs Virginia Post Game thoughts

Zags win 98 to 75!!!

Omg Kispert!!! Kispert just tied Dan Dickau for most 3 pointers in a game. He was amazing!! Timme was special too with 29 points!!! Kispert gets the game ball. Kispert with a career high in points with 32. Wow.
  • 23dpg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Zags got dudes!
    Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

A DD reference by Raf

Comment

• HRZag
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Feb 2007

Some spectacular basketball being played right now. Holy smokes, these guys are good.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
          • Feb 2007

May be one of the most complete teams in a long time.
          "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• SorenTodd45
            Banned
            • Jan 2019

We just boat-raced a Blue Blood team on national television. Words can't describe the elation I am feeling.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
              Administrator
              • Apr 2009

I believe. That is all.
              “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                Zag for Life
                • Jun 2007

as i thought, UVA just doesnt have the talent the zags have.

If anyone does its Baylor..

These Zags will have to play a complete #### game to lose before the final four/ championship.

I watch way too much CBB and this is the best team I have seen in recent memory. I dont know what else to say, but that its a complete joy to watch this team.

Comment

• MyZags
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Feb 2008

What did I just watch?? This board had me a nervous wreck pre-game!

Our guys kept the pressure to the 5:00 minute mark when the bench came in. ... and the bench represented okay enough.

Kispert is a leader, Timme is his own man. Suggs, tonight, served as axillary man. Ayayi, is a silent ninja. Watson, showed up for the party too...

I’m sure I’m missing someone, but dang. Dang. That was a statement game.

2021 is going to be delightful in Zagville.

Comment

• MDABE80
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

I don't remember the superlatives now being used to describe this GU team being used to describe other high end teams during their seasons...UConn, Duke, Indiana, UNC, etc.... It is quite interesting that the last undefeated title team was Indiana and the announcers continue to remind the country of that 1976 team. An achievement worth keeping an eye on for the Zags.

Comment

• MickMick
                      Zag for Life
                      • Apr 2007

This game only confirms that Kispert can/will play at the next level. The NBA will find a place for a 6'7" marksman that can hit free throws and drive past you to finish through contact.

I was super impressed with Kispert's high post block (that wasn't a damn foul by the way....all ball). That defensive vertical leap, with both hands high above his head....was impressive to say the least. Far more athletic than I thought. Shedding that weight has done him a world of good.

The whole damn team was impressive. Suggs is a perfect fit for the intangibles and attitude.
                      I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Birddog
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I started a drinking game, taking a drink everytime I heard the announcers say "unselfish" but I had to quit, I only had a six pack.
                        Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                        Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                        All mimsy were the borogoves,
                        And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Zags had 27 assists and 7 TO’s. That was the most beautiful game of hoops by a Gonzaga team I think I’ve ever seen. The joy and pride I felt watching this team of selfless ballers was so sweet. Kispert shining bright on this national stage is such a sweet reward for the senior leader of this squad.

Parsing the stats and individual performances will be fun but right now I’m just reveling in what a great TEAM this squad is. Every guy seems to have 100% buy in of their role and joy in seeing how good they are as a TEAM.

In Few We Trust. Kudos to Few and staff for creating such a great culture of selfless winners.
                          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Birddog
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                            Zags had 27 assists and 7 TO’s. That was the most beautiful game of hoops by a Gonzaga team I think I’ve ever seen. The joy and pride I felt watching this team of selfless ballers was so sweet. Kispert shining bright on this national stage is such a sweet reward for the senior leader of this squad.

Parsing the stats and individual performances will be fun but right now I’m just reveling in what a great TEAM this squad is. Every guy seems to have 100% buy in of their role and joy in seeing how good they are as a TEAM.

In Few We Trust. Kudos to Few and staff for creating such a great culture of selfless winners.
                            Damn well said!!!
                            Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                            Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                            All mimsy were the borogoves,
                            And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• ZAGS ATTACK BASKET
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2016

Wow Kispert was on fire from 3 point tonight count'em 9 three pointers including from deep. And how about Timme 11-13 free throws tonight good night to shine for him also with his parents in attendance. Kispert and Timme were besides themselves tonight, both having career nights on the same day (way cool), and smiling from ear to ear..

Comment

Working...
                              X