Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Home Whites

Default New Home Whites

What did you all think about those jerseys last night. Retro "50's" looking numbers with the vintage GU Bulldog logo on the leg of the shorts. I thought they were sweet! Maybe someone with more technical expertise can post a photo or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    What did you all think about those jerseys last night. Retro "50's" looking numbers with the vintage GU Bulldog logo on the leg of the shorts. I thought they were sweet! Maybe someone with more technical expertise can post a photo or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    I liked them up close did not care for them from tv angle and distance as the word ZAG disappears and you only see the number. Love the logo on the side of the shorts
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

To me it’s a shame and a puzzling one that we are doing retros or Jersey variations every year and have yet to do the 1999 royal blues. No team has ever meant more to the program than that 1999 squad and those jerseys are great looking. Not sure why out of all the throwbacks, this one hasn’t been done.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    To me it’s a shame and a puzzling one that we are doing retros or Jersey variations every year and have yet to do the 1999 royal blues. No team has ever meant more to the program than that 1999 squad and those jerseys are great looking. Not sure why out of all the throwbacks, this one hasn’t been done.
    Nike

I have never seen this "retro" logo before. Looks like Georgetown not Gonzaga. The "Old Spike" during Stockton's era wore a sailors cap and I would argue that his contributions played a huge part in our current success. Can't say as I've ever seen a Gonzaga Bulldog with a baseball cap. Can anyone verify this is OUR retro???
    Gonzaga Basketball
    Exhibiting Character Since 1907

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Nike
    Nike wasn’t an Axel Dench fan?

Quote Originally Posted by McZag View Post
    I have never seen this "retro" logo before. Looks like Georgetown not Gonzaga. The "Old Spike" during Stockton's era wore a sailors cap and I would argue that his contributions played a huge part in our current success. Can't say as I've ever seen a Gonzaga Bulldog with a baseball cap. Can anyone verify this is OUR retro???
    In any case, I don’t predict a CFDA award.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Nike wasn’t an Axel Dench fan?
    Retro is arguably the most overused word in our consumerist culture. Stockton’s shorts, now that’s retro, not a font.

Quote Originally Posted by McZag View Post
    Via the On-Line Zags Shop is a banner that includes four retro logos, all of which include a "TM" designation:

https://shop.gozags.com/gonzaga-bull...ID:i-r0c0:po-0

That banner has been available for a few years now. Somebody did some archive digging to come up with them. And they are all hideous.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

I liked them, because they were a little different, but I hope they haven't completely done away with the "Go Zags" being worked into the uniform.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    I liked them, because they were a little different, but I hope they haven't completely done away with the "Go Zags" being worked into the uniform.
    No doubt I'm in the minority saying this, but I absolutely hate black/dark blue shoes with with white uniforms. The throwback uniforms yes, black shoes, no.

The Zags Official Twitter Page is featuring the throwback logo Bulldog in its header photo:

https://twitter.com/ZagMBB

Not a fan. Just as hideous as the Bulldog with the sailor cap

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    The Zags Official Twitter Page is featuring the throwback logo Bulldog in its header photo:

https://twitter.com/ZagMBB

Not a fan. Just as hideous as the Bulldog with the sailor cap
    I think a school in New Haven had it first years and years ago. It’s much more appropriate for them. Designers are known to sample breezily from others. Boola.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/465348573974557893/

Sent via mobile device

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Looks like we have a new gray set i just saw on Instagram. Im all about bringing some history back. The Royal blue would be cool to see, hopefully thats coming.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Looks like we have a new gray set i just saw on Instagram. Im all about bringing some history back. The Royal blue would be cool to see, hopefully thats coming.

I think these are the new grays. They just look like dirty, old uniforms in this view.

They look better live than the picture. I like them!

Anything but the glossy red for me!

one thing i like about our Jerseys is that we take the time, trouble and expense to put the individual player's name on the back, unlike St. Mary's and many other schools. Probably the only uniform I ever saw us use that hindered play was when the shorts were so long they were just below knees. Too many players on defense had to go to the trouble to pull the lower seam up onto their thigh when they were crouching because if they didn't it impeded movement. I experienced this myself in playing tennis. No knee length baggy shorts. Whites and the aqua blue are my favorite colors on us. Lease favorite is black uni's and black shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post

I think these are the new grays. They just look like dirty, old uniforms in this view.
    Makes it easy on the manager to wash them. He can just throw them in the washer with the towels.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I was going to say this is the logo with a sailor hat that I remember from my time at GU.

https://digital.gonzaga.edu/digital/...coll2/id/3796/

wow, thanks for the pic.
    Few, second from left on front row, must have just joined the staff that year or the year before. He must have had hopes for his future but never probably allowed himself to expect us where we are now. I think we all share what we think his joy is.
    This might have been the year that Few shared a humble rented house with other low income assistant coaches. I wonder if this is the year he slept in his car overnight sometimes while on recruiting trips to California. Humble beginnings. what a success story for all, players, coaches, students, college, fans and Coach Few.
    Gee, when I became a fan in 2003 or 2004 I had no idea either of how much fun it would be to join in the amazing 'zag nation - zag culture', from humble beginnings to being a zag fanatic, so to speak

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post

Sent via mobile device
    I like this logo. It has a lot of life in it. I don’t understand the reason for the sailor’s cap but it looks good.
    Parlez-vous français?