Thread: Game watch in Spokane / CDA?

Default Game watch in Spokane / CDA?

My wife and I are in CDA for the next few nights and we were hoping to watch the game somewhere with some zags fans. Probably the closest we'll get to a live game this year. Any chance that Jack and Dans will be open? We're staying at the CDA resort and they don't have root sports in the room
    Idaho seems to be pretty relaxed, so is there a good spot over here to watch?

Washington is fairly well closed down compared to Idaho. There are a few sports bars in and around Coeur’d Alene and Post Falls. The Copones are pretty decent but there are others. You don’t need Root - the game is on local channel KHQ which is the NBC affiliate. I’m pretty sure Duane’s place has that.

I like to go to Caddyshack Sports Pub in CDA 1100 W Prairie Ave. Just of N Hwy 95. Non smoking, Great Food, large TV,s and Virtual Golf. It's a Zag crowd for sure. Get the Caddy Club or the Carl Spackler or any Burger. Delish.

Go Zags!
    Last edited by zagnut2012; 12-21-2020 at 09:43 AM. Reason: additional info

The game isn't on KHQ. It's on SWX, Comcast channel 112.
    Quote Originally Posted by AirborneJag View Post
    Washington is fairly well closed down compared to Idaho. There are a few sports bars in and around Coeur’d Alene and Post Falls. The Copones are pretty decent but there are others. You don’t need Root - the game is on local channel KHQ which is the NBC affiliate. I’m pretty sure Duane’s place has that.

Gozags.com says it is on KHQ and ROOT

https://gozags.com/news/2020/12/20/m...le-monday.aspx

At the moment it appears both Native and Zagnut are correct? The Gozags site says KHQ and Root. The onscreen cable guide says SWX. Guess we'll find out at 6PM. There may be some upset folks if the game is on SWX. Many in the area don't get that channel for one reason of another! At this time the onscreen guide for Tuesday does not list the game on either channel. Of course the Tuesday game is a late add!

I'm almost positive the game will be on KHQ. Aren't they the ones producing the game and ROOT just picks up their feed? You can't always go by what an onscreen cable guide says, they pick up their info from Zap2it and other TV sites.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

I have my DVR set up to always record Gonzaga games, on whichever channel they're carried. It has set up today's game to record on SWX, Comcast channel 112, and it has not set anything up to record for Gonzaga tomorrow.

Dennis Patchin said on the 5pm KHQ news the game would air on KHQ

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    Dennis Patchin said on the 5pm KHQ news the game would air on KHQ
    It does not get any more concrete solid than that! I wish KHQ was part of my NEWS-ON app on my Smart-TV, but I only get KREM-2 from them. Grrrrr.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

Comcast's onscreen guide is showing SWX at 6pm, not KHQ.

Its broadcasting on both

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Comcast's onscreen guide is showing SWX at 6pm, not KHQ.
    Comcast is annually one of the top ten most hated companies in the states! 3 of the top ten are cable companies.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Travelling and going out to bars is a really stupid idea right now. Please stay away from WA. We're trying to beat this thing.

Root Sports has added tonight’s game. My cable company hasn’t updated it yet.

https://northwest.rootsports.com/