Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was Suggs so upset about?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post
    wah wahhh we can discuss the officials. It was terrible. We can discuss specific calls and you can go and look on tape for yourself. I think the Suggs fouling the 3 shooter that they did call was pretty phantom. Then I think Suggs definitely took more contact than that on his late made 3. And I think the "moving screen" to get Timme his 4th was actually egregious - the commentary crew agreed.

The refs really took the fun out of that last 10 minutes. Hard to watch no matter who you root for.
    But they kept a small percent of viewers still attached, that’s all that matters at Black Rock. Zags were 20 points better yesterday, not to say they’ll be if there’s a next time. Nice to beat crybaby MCaffrey.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Some calls/no calls were certainly sus, especailly the phantom fould on Ayayi's rebound, but we're a more sophisticated fanbase than this thread suggests. Suggs gets to be mad because he's a fierce competitor. Fans (and most players) doing it just look petty, especially where we won the game. Bad look.
    You can not criticize the refs when you lose, or it looks like sour grapes. So we get to let them have it when the Zags win. This was one of the worst cases of "game management" we've seen since the Dave Libby days and I don't feel the least bit "petty" about pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post
    wah wahhh we can discuss the officials. It was terrible. We can discuss specific calls and you can go and look on tape for yourself. I think the Suggs fouling the 3 shooter that they did call was pretty phantom. Then I think Suggs definitely took more contact than that on his late made 3. And I think the "moving screen" to get Timme his 4th was actually egregious - the commentary crew agreed.

The refs really took the fun out of that last 10 minutes. Hard to watch no matter who you root for.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    You can not criticize the refs when you lose, or it looks like sour grapes. So we get to let them have it when the Zags win. This was one of the worst cases of "game management" we've seen since the Dave Libby days and I don't feel the least bit "petty" about pointing it out.
    Cases in point. And no, you don't get bonus points for referencing obscure basketball knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Why was Jalen upset? People on the Kentucky board seem to know.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...onzaga.334019/

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post

Haha. What a clown show.

Not just Kentucky, the BallDurham Duke fansite ran an article several days ago implying Suggs is at Gonzaga merely because K didn't offer.

Quote Originally Posted by West Side Lady View Post
    Not just Kentucky, the BallDurham Duke fansite ran an article several days ago implying Suggs is at Gonzaga merely because K didn't offer.
    Our boards have never looked so good. I read some of the UK threads. So thankful not to be apart of that team. UK has a rich history. But those fans on that forum (a lot of them) are something.

Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    Our boards have never looked so good. I read some of the UK threads. So thankful not to be apart of that team. UK has a rich history. But those fans on that forum (a lot of them) are something.
    I look forward to reading the post want Sallis signs with GU

Quote Originally Posted by West Side Lady View Post
    Found it. Same source. https://balldurham.com/2020/12/19/du...ga-star-offer/

Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    I look forward to reading the post want Sallis signs with GU
    One of the posts says their "inside source" who predicted Suggs would go to GU has also said that Holmgren and Sallis are going to sign with Gonzaga. I hope they're right.

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    One of the posts says their "inside source" who predicted Suggs would go to GU has also said that Holmgren and Sallis are going to sign with Gonzaga. I hope they're right.
    FWIW, that’s theothergreatone. He’s a Zag who lives in Kentucky.

There’s a new Crystal Ball projection in for five-star point guard Hunter Sallis, and it’s not good news for Kentucky.

247Sports analyst Travis Branham logged a pick in favor of Gonzaga on Sallis’ Crystal Ball page Tuesday morning. Branham has been correct on all 58 of his predictions for the class of 2021 (though it is possible to change Crystal Ball picks throughout the process).

Sallis — a 6-foot-5 prospect from Omaha, Neb. — is the No. 6 overall player in the 2021 class and the only remaining point guard on UK’s radar for that class. The Wildcats could return current freshman Devin Askew for a sophomore season, and they’ve already signed four-star point guard Nolan Hickman for next season. UK also has an early commitment from five-star point guard Skyy Clark, a class of 2022 recruit who is leaving open the possibility of reclassification to 2021. UK is also still recruiting combo guard Jaden Hardy — the No. 3 player in the new 247Sports rankings — though Hardy is also looking closely at jumping straight to the pros after high school.

Read more here: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...#storylink=cpy

FWIW, that’s theothergreatone. He’s a Zag who lives in Kentucky.
    ...and i believe the inside source being referred to is caldwell

So if Sallis picks GU will UK claim the reason was because Cal didn’t offer him a scholarship?

Oh, wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Found this gem in the comments on Kentucky board: “Doesn't matter what Tipton said, Suggs was going to Gonzaga from way back, and Cal and duke knew that it was just a waste of time, that is what my source told me, and he said Salis was going to be a Zag 3 months ago, so he must know what he is talking about, he also says Holmgren is going to be a Zag too.
    Last edited: Yesterday at 3:23 PM”

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    Found this gem in the comments on Kentucky board: “Doesn't matter what Tipton said, Suggs was going to Gonzaga from way back, and Cal and duke knew that it was just a waste of time, that is what my source told me, and he said Salis was going to be a Zag 3 months ago, so he must know what he is talking about, he also says Holmgren is going to be a Zag too.
    Last edited: Yesterday at 3:23 PM”
    Here's what I've learned over the past few years: get Mom on campus, and the odds go up 50% that we land them. My wife was the same way, she caught Zag fever in less than two days.

Success breeding success. It seems to me that it would be hard as a top rated PG to see Suggs’ success and not want to step in where he leaves off.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Here's what I've learned over the past few years: get Mom on campus, and the odds go up 50% that we land them. My wife was the same way, she caught Zag fever in less than two days.
    Zag Fever seems to be trending perpendicularly and is highly transmissible.

Kentucky fans are in pain. I think Cal will bring the team up a few notches but not enough to satisfy the fans.
    Parlez-vous français?

Tuesday at 7:12 PM
    Doesn't matter what Tipton said, Suggs was going to Gonzaga from way back, and Cal and duke knew that it was just a waste of time, that is what my source told me, and he said Salis was going to be a Zag 3 months ago, so he must know what he is talking about, he also says Holmgren is going to be a Zag too.
    Last edited: Wednesday at 3:23 PM

Oh this is really funny. As I type this I have 'copied' that exact quote from their board to submit in here. You beat me too it. I hope there is at least 50% validity in these forecasts, and we would get one of these guys, Sallis or Holmgren. But if we get both, and if we win the N championship in April, we will have the possibility of becoming a dynastry. uuu weeee ! very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    Tuesday at 7:12 PM
    Doesn't matter what Tipton said, Suggs was going to Gonzaga from way back, and Cal and duke knew that it was just a waste of time, that is what my source told me, and he said Salis was going to be a Zag 3 months ago, so he must know what he is talking about, he also says Holmgren is going to be a Zag too.
    Last edited: Wednesday at 3:23 PM

Oh this is really funny. As I type this I have 'copied' that exact quote from their board to submit in here. You beat me too it. I hope there is at least 50% validity in these forecasts, and we would get one of these guys, Sallis or Holmgren. But if we get both, and if we win the N championship in April, we will have the possibility of becoming a dynastry. uuu weeee ! very exciting.
    I base my optimism for Holmgren's commitment here on his dad's statement, i.e. not wanting his son to go to a "program school." Gonzaga is the antithesis of the program school, which you can see in the culture of Gonzaga basketball.

Found this link to a Suggs story while wandering the streets of twitter:

https://www.babcockhoops.com/post/20...ow-jalen-suggs

The story of Jalen Suggs is one of destiny, the intersection of natural talent, and an unrelenting work ethic. Suggs has been off to an outstanding start at Gonzaga for what might be the best team in the country. Winning seems to follow Suggs everywhere he goes -- his tenure with Gonzaga should be no different. Look for Suggs to leave an indelible mark on college basketball this year before being one of the first names called at the 2021 NBA Draft.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.