Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zags vs Iowa Post Game thoughts.

Default Zags vs Iowa Post Game thoughts.

Zags win 99 to 88.

We have a good one in suggs huh?? Ayayi too.

Also Ayayi is a stat stuffer. I mean a stat stuffer. Go look at his stats. Its amazing. Ayayi had 18 boards!!! Kispert was very good in the 1st half and then nothing after. Garza was going to get his. Watson is lost imo. Timme had a solid 2nd half in scoring.

Iowa had a run as they are very good on offense but they were poor from the 3 point line. The zags offense is even better imo. After 2 weeks off and playing a top 3 team that has been playing is impressive. What a game by Few and the team.

We also struggled at the line. We also had a lot of foul calls vs us.

What a win though!
    Love the zags for life

Also look at our wins. Wow.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Zags win 99 to 88.

We have a good one in suggs huh?? Ayayi too.

Also Ayayi is a stat stuffer. I mean a stat stuffer. Go look at his stats. Its amazing. Ayayi had 18 boards!!! Kispert was very good in the 1st half and then nothing after. Garza was going to get his. Watson is lost imo. Timme had a solid 2nd half in scoring.

Iowa had a run as they are very good on offense but they were poor from the 3 point line. The zags offense is even better imo. After 2 weeks off and playing a top 3 team that has been playing is impressive. What a game by Few and the team.

We also struggled at the line. We also had a lot of foul calls vs us.

What a win though!
    Overall considering there has been no team practices a for 14 days I thought they looked decent

Conditioning became an issue as we had a lot of breakdowns physically and mentally

Competed on the boards very well

Couple defensive breakdowns on pick and roll issues but overall covered the three ball limiting wide open looks to just a few
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Ayayi with 18 rebounds! I voted Suggs though.
    Edit: oops wrong thread

I didn't see Arlauskas and Zakharov in the time out huddles or on the bench. Did they make the trip?

Four spectacular guards.

My thoughts? The refs did their level best to keep people watching a blow out.

Gregg can’t get up to sped fast enough.

We've been tested against great offense, great defense, and balanced teams. We've best three top ten teams in four games. After this game there is no question that we're the top team.

I can't believe this is where we are now.

Gonzaga would have won by 30 if the refs hadn't done everything in their power to keep the game close.
    Last edited by zaguarxj; 12-19-2020 at 11:20 AM. Reason: clarity

Post game thoughts? Zags are deep. Yeah we could use one more big but that’s really nitpicking.

Best roster in the country. Only Baylor could have an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Gonzaga would have won by 30 if the refs hadn't done everything in their power to keep the game close.
    Kind of felt the same way. Saw a couple of phantom fouls, and two phantom traveling calls.

The team was gassed midway in the second half. Only reason the game was close.

The 3’s went our way in the 1st half. But lots of calls against us, lots of turnovers, subpar FT shooting, kispert/Timme foul trouble ....if those things don’t happen it could have been 120 points?

Don’t let the 2nd half spoil the feeling. Zags were clearly the better team and indisputable #1 right now. Too bad Baylor didn’t happen but maybe we’ll get them in the Dance.

This is a special team. Nice job and thank you Few and co.

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    My thoughts? The refs did their level best to keep people watching a blow out.
    This................Ticky Tack on the ZAGS (Timme and Kispert especially) and let Garza's elbows and the rest of the Hawkeyes play. No team is going to be able to press us due to the guard options. Also, Timme, Kispert, and Watson can all bring it up.

A little rusty (TO's and FT's) but overall a solid win against a good team. Iowa can't run with the ZAGS, not many teams can. And the ones who can can't match the ZAGS skill wise.

ZAGS Got Dudes!!

Go ZAGS

GU's offense is what it is, a magical experience of pew pew pew. Our Turnovers, FT shooting are going to get us burned if we dont shore that up. Honestly this game would have been close if our 3 point shooting wasn't crazy in the first half. A few times Suggs looks as though he "has" to be the one who brings the ball to the hoop, and that tenacity is a strength but also his doom. Suggs was not the same player in the 2nd half. Kispert was lambasted with foul trouble and his 4th was just a strange, strange foul.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Four spectacular guards.
    I assume you are counting CK as a guard. Cook looked good today too.

So Garza had two, TWO fouls. You’ve got to be kidding me!

Transition offense is one of the best I’ve ever seen, but when the game is slowed down in the half court is where things become a bit dicey. Not saying that they aren’t good, but this is where they struggle more so in that end.

Joel"Smooth criminal" Ayai does what Mike Hart did....with half the calories. Nothing fazes him...he us mentally always the same....REGARDLESS of the game situation.

Suggs got us off to a fast start...and we kept the lead despite Kiss and Timme having foul trouble...everybody stepped up. Just a fun VERSATILE bunch. ZAGS are the real deal...and Iowa is a GOOD team...and Garza is a Beast.

Cook, Ballo, Strawther, and Harris all played and they all looked like they belonged on the floor in that game. Our bench has the potential to be really, really good by the time March rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    So Garza had two, TWO fouls. You’ve got to be kidding me!
    Box scores shows 3 idk

Quote Originally Posted by Larryzag View Post
    Cooks late three was massive

Quote Originally Posted by Larryzag View Post
    Cook and Nembhard are both high quality starters coming off the bench.

I don’t think CK needs to be included in order to say GU has four great guards.

Quote Originally Posted by cscz28 View Post
    Cook and Nembhard are both high quality starters coming off the bench.

I don’t think CK needs to be included in order to say GU has four great guards.
    Tank u. Cook had 9, Nembhard 13