Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zags vs. #17 Virginia 12/26

Is there anyone in college basketball with the kind of scheduling power Gonzaga has? Looks to me as if there's no one like us!

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    This is okay considering the circumstances. However I wanted Baylor. This pretty much eliminates that. Virginia contrary to belief, is barely a top 20 team this year. Zags shouldn’t have too much difficulty with this one. Shucks.
    I have to disagree with ya ZFFL: Playing Tony Bennett is never easy. NEVER. When he coached at WSU they were always one of our toughest games. Virginia is 3-1 and ranked #15 on Kenpom. They are ranked #5 on defense. That is a typical Tony Bennett team. Really tough on D. Tougher than West Virginia in my opinion. It will be a close, tough game. One we can hopefully win, and one that will help us because of how tough that game will be. Thank God we have already played West Virginia. That will help.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    As will I. Text me when you get to the arena, I'll buy you a beer.
    I wish it were that easy, AZ. I'll know more by tomorrow afternoon as to how many tickets we bought, not to mention the count from a classmate who now lives in Waco.

I'll get some ideas from my daughter as to potential venues for a pre-game social near the arena. She was a Zeta in college at UNT, so I'm sure she's got some great insight. She knows Fort Worth much better than I do.

Wherever we land, it will be a much more informal affair than the outstanding show engineered by woohoo in Omaha.

I posted on another site I'm excited at the caliber of defenses we're playing in the OOC. Between Kansas, W. Virginia, and Virginia they are all currently top 10 in AdjD on KenPom. That is exactly what we need to prepare for March Madness. I'm not as worried about our D, even though it's early (we're top 15 on KenPom), but how we handle top defenses in the tournament. IMO, that's going to be what knocks us out, not being able to keep up on the offensive end against teams as we're one of the best, if not the best, in the country.

I think one Klay Thompson had something to do with WSU success for Bennet, no? I remember that very low score game we dropped to them.
    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Default Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    I think one Klay Thompson had something to do with WSU success for Bennet, no? I remember that very low score game we dropped to them.
    I think that was in the kennel when cougs had low, weaver, and cowgill. Thompson played mostly for bone and they buried us in Pullman once. The Bennett’s were top shelf dudes and turned WSU around.

Look forward to a tough test against the cab as lies as nd Bennett!

I think that game in Pullman was 51-47. Painful to watch as I recall....

ZZ

Few must have lots of confidence in this group to schedule so many ranked and highly regarded teams.

Steel hardens steel.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Is there anyone in college basketball with the kind of scheduling power Gonzaga has? Looks to me as if there's no one like us!
    This year, yes. With Dook AWOL and UNC and the Caliparis way down, we’re the presumptive America’s team. For now. ESPN and the CBB establishment are fickle partners.