Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baylor game has been cancelled due to issues related to Covid...per Rothstein tweet

Unhappy Baylor game has been cancelled due to issues related to Covid...per Rothstein tweet

Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Arrr=rrrrrrrrrrh!!!!

New Zag with Covid, or is this related to Strawther?

What’s a head scratcher for me is these positive cases have been known since before the West Virginia game. Why wait until hours before tip-off to cancel when nothing has changed since then?

I'm not sure they were known of before the West Virginia game were they?

The release makes it sound like the person who tested positive was there but did not play.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    New Zag with Covid, or is this related to Strawther?
    From the two or three releases I have seen, there is no info regarding a NEW zag being tested positive. I did read one snippet that made it sound like a member of Baylor's travel party tested positive this morning. I think that's probably what did it...

Sorry, I would like to link some of the tweets and releases, but I'm on a work computer that is blocking Twitter.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    I'm not sure they were known of before the West Virginia game were they?

The release makes it sound like the person who tested positive was there but did not play.
    You are correct, I reread the statement. My mistake.

https://twitter.com/ZagCaldwell/stat...694711809?s=20

"Game was a go until about 45 minutes ago. There are covid concerns and both teams agreed it should be put on hold. Big time disappointment for both squads!"

one reserve zag player, and one non athlete tested +

Really disappointed, but I think this is going to be the way this season is going to go, unfortunately. The only thing we can count on is the ongoing uncertainty of the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaglaw View Post
    Really disappointed, but I think this is going to be the way this season is going to go, unfortunately. The only thing we can count on is the ongoing uncertainty of the schedule.
    the season is functionally over. cases/hospitalizations/deaths spiking all around the country and its only going to get worse. i'll be surprised if we play another game this month.

I’m shocked!
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester425 View Post
    What’s a head scratcher for me is these positive cases have been known since before the West Virginia game. Why wait until hours before tip-off to cancel when nothing has changed since then?
    If it is still the same player, it may have more to do with state guideline differences between Florida and Indiana, or more risk aversion by Baylor. I don't see how the attitude would change significantly on the GU side (if it is the same player, and they have played two games since the diagnosis).

If it’s a new zag player and personnel which it sounds like, you have to
    Start to question the safeguards that a team is putting in
    Place, whom by all intent and purposes have the resources to keep them healthy

It's new positives.

"In regards to the Gonzaga folks who tested positive, source says they will now have to stay behind and isolate while Zags return to Spokane. Gonzaga is supposed to play Tarleton State on Tuesday. Whether Zags have to pause is still to be determined."

per Dana O'Neil

https://twitter.com/DanaONeilWriter/...476392454?s=20

Cancel all the Twinkies. Gird for Baylor and Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Cancel all the Twinkies. Gird for Baylor and Iowa.
    Except tarleton. I need to see Billy The Kid on the sidelines

So disappointing, but being safe is important.

It's like I said earlier this week (and for some reason the post was pulled), it can take a week or longer for positive test results to manifest following exposure. These positives could well be remnants from the Florida situation. I fear we have no idea what the severity of the problem is, assuming the new positives had been interacting with the team this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
    the season is functionally over. cases/hospitalizations/deaths spiking all around the country and its only going to get worse. i'll be surprised if we play another game this month.
    I agree with you. I said after WVU that i believe zags will be postponed for a couple weeks.
    Love the zags for life

Given the promise of this years team and Covid fatigue, I think we all wanted to see college basketball succeed. But, like the NFL and college football, Covid is going to be a major factor in whether games are played or the season continues. Beginning to already look somewhat futile, if not dangerous. Many more of these and, sadly, the season may come to a premature end. Whether that is for the best or comes to pass is out of my (our) hands but I am bracing for more disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Plainsman View Post
    Given the promise of this years team and Covid fatigue, I think we all wanted to see college basketball succeed. But, like the NFL and college football, Covid is going to be a major factor in whether games are played or the season continues. Beginning to already look somewhat futile, if not dangerous. Many more of these and, sadly, the season may come to a premature end. Whether that is for the best or comes to pass is out of my (our) hands but I am bracing for more disappointment.
    Me too. I no longer have hope. This pandemic sucks.
    Love the zags for life

For the sanity of the forum as a whole, please refrain from judgmental posts. We all knew this season is going to have starts and stops and not be what we would have liked. Let’s all please roll with it, recognize we are all disappointed at the circumstances, and enjoy whatever does get played.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    For the sanity of the forum as a whole, please refrain from judgmental posts. We all knew this season is going to have starts and stops and not be what we would have liked. Let’s all please roll with it, recognize we are all disappointed at the circumstances, and enjoy whatever does get played.
    Amen. I get the emotion and the need to vent, but it helps no one to out Cassandra the other.