Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baylor game has been cancelled due to issues related to Covid...per Rothstein tweet

If you're still in denial about this, watch Krem 2's pre recorded pre game coverage. On right now.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Default A little clarity would be appreciated

I get that various policies and practices usually mean that the team will not release names of players with injuries/illnesses at least initially, but I don't understand (especially given the national attention) why the program doesn't clarify whether this is the same player as in FL (sounds like it isn't, but . . . ) or related to the FL situation. When was this discovered and what impact will it have on the team's upcoming travel, schedule, etc. Seems to me these are reasonable questions that the PR folks should have anticipated and proactively provided info (or explained why they can't).

Quote Originally Posted by Zag365 View Post
    I get that various policies and practices usually mean that the team will not release names of players with injuries/illnesses at least initially, but I don't understand (especially given the national attention) why the program doesn't clarify whether this is the same player as in FL (sounds like it isn't, but . . . ) or related to the FL situation. When was this discovered and what impact will it have on the team's upcoming travel, schedule, etc. Seems to me these are reasonable questions that the PR folks should have anticipated and proactively provided info (or explained why they can't).
    They flat out will not reveal anything that might lead to the identity of affected individuals being known or deduced.

It has also only been about 45 minutes into it so I think we need to give them some time, too.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bayÖ small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzdb8 View Post
    the season is functionally over. cases/hospitalizations/deaths spiking all around the country and its only going to get worse. i'll be surprised if we play another game this month.
    Perhaps not "over" but it's at least "get very very used to this and pray it's better before the tourney. They might be innoculated prior to March, which is the reverse of last year and very good."

The other thing is that because it's "this season" they'll figure out a way to reschedule. It's just sucky for today.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    For the sanity of the forum as a whole, please refrain from judgmental posts. We all knew this season is going to have starts and stops and not be what we would have liked. Letís all please roll with it, recognize we are all disappointed at the circumstances, and enjoy whatever does get played.
    Thank you.
    It's not funny.

It was a walk on, not an active player.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag365 View Post
    I don't see how this would help the issue and maybe embarrass, hurt the player that much more "It's because of me and everyone knows it" is just making it that much worse. I don't think this matters or is an issue, nor help figure out what to do at another point.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Major disruptions are only going to make the NCAA rethink an actual bubble instead of what they're doing now. No way they're going to give up the tournament again.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

It is what it is......life is filled with ups and downs.

GO ZAGS!!!

I thought the GU people in Florida had to stay quarantined in Florida

Mark Few and Scott Drew interviewed on CBS:
    https://twitter.com/CBSSportsCBB/sta...chup%2Flive%2F

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post

GO ZAGS!!!
    Pretty bummed but more then anything I want our guys to be healthy and safe. Iíve enjoyed the last 3 games like each was our title game. Hope for the best over the next weeks.

I'm so upset right now that I can't even think straight. A bottle of Jack will be my best friend later today.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

the season is functionally over. cases/hospitalizations/deaths spiking all around the country and its only going to get worse. i'll be surprised if we play another game this month.
    Vaccine coming by end of Jan. Game isnít cancelled. Game will be played later. Kids are not sick just tested positive. Sad to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post

GO ZAGS!!!
    This.a mature look

Default Baylor game has been cancelled due to issues related to Covid...per Rothstein tweet

No itís not, just relax. Did you really think there would be no issues?? Things will work out in time. There will be things like this that pop up but itís just the nature of things right now. Very good chance thereís a vaccine approved next week which should help tremendously over the coming months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Can someone explain to me how we have been in Indy for a few days and just now an hour before the game we are hearing about a walk on getting covid? These kids are tested every single day, sometimes multiple times a day... were people not safe while in Indy? Crummy tests?
    Because it can take days after exposure for enough of the virus to reach the threshold limit that the test can measure. Remember, the CDC new quarantine guidelines of 7 days with a test and 10 without don’t guarantee you don’t have Covid. Just reduces the chances to give or take 10% that you’re not infected. Think at 14 days it drops to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    If it is still the same player, it may have more to do with state guideline differences between Florida and Indiana, or more risk aversion by Baylor. I don't see how the attitude would change significantly on the GU side (if it is the same player, and they have played two games since the diagnosis).
    +1

Do we think the Iowa game is going to be cancelled now too?

Infections beget new infections. We are seeing it in realtime. People are already criticizing the Zags for not shutting down when members tested positive. It's no surprise that there are new cases within the team. I would have loved to see the game, and I bent over backwards to make sure I had a working feed. But anyone disparaging health officials over this is not on a cogent planet. You can be positive and still have a negative test, and then spread it to not only teammates, but other teams. One should always lean on the side of caution, and it usually takes public health officials to convince those that aren't experts in that field. The team will be fine, likely, but it's important not to ignore the problem and cause an outbreak even worse. Ounce of prevention.

Bummer.

Just hoping this doesn’t cause any issues for the Iowa game. Little bit of buzz kill this morning with the news. If they are able to reschedule this might bode well for Suggs and his ankle.

So we are pretty sure the game was not canceled because Jalen wasn't 100%?

I am wondering the location of all our players now. Did DH and JS leave FL yet? Is new player going to remain in IN for 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan1970 View Post
    So we are pretty sure the game was not canceled because Jalen wasn't 100%?
    Come on now, really?

Every State makes different decisions for the same set of circumstances. Everyone is tested daily and if a positive test occurs, multiple times that day to filter out any false positives. Some states allows games to go on with subsequent negative tests, others do not. Still others account for distancing and close contact tracing, removing players but not canceling games. Also each state applies the guidelines unevenly. UOregon and OSU can and have brought in NAIA teams to play exhibit games as long as they fly in from out of state. Yet NAIA teams in Oregon can’t play nor be scheduled by UO or OSU, even the one that simply has to cross the street to play UO. Disparity on many levels.

Seth Davis’s statement that he hopes the NCAA learns from this situation is the statement of the season. Meaning, if the NCAA’s are held in Indiana - the tourney will likely be cancelled.