Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injury/Status updates?

Default Injury/Status updates?

I've been anxiously awaiting updates, but haven't seen a SINGLE thing. Anyone?
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Yes! I've been very curious as well!

I have no firsthand knowledge, but my guess is you’ll see Harris and Strawther next at the next home game. I’m sure there are riding out quarantine in Florida and will fly back to Spokane.

As far as Suggs goes, we all know that Few notoriously does not share information about injured athletes, so we all get to found out about his ankle when the Baylor game starts tomorrow.

Few previously said there was no way that Harris and Strawther were going to Indy. He didn't know when they would be allowed to leave quarantine in Florida. Assuming they started counting days from Friday-the day of the Auburn game, we are on day 8. Day 14 would be Dec 10th-assuming they can test negative by then.

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    Few previously said there was no way that Harris and Strawther were going to Indy. He didn't know when they would be allowed to leave quarantine in Florida. Assuming they started counting days from Friday-the day of the Auburn game, we are on day 8. Day 14 would be Dec 10th-assuming they can test negative by then.

ZZ
    What a bummer for these two youngsters to have to watch this game on tv like the rest of us. At least they’ll get to listen to Raftery. My favorite college hoops tv commentator.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    What a bummer for these two youngsters to have to watch this game on tv like the rest of us. At least they’ll get to listen to Raftery. My favorite college hoops tv commentator.
    As long as both teams agree to start the game in a zone I'm ok with Raftery.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    As long as both teams agree to start the game in a zone I'm ok with Raftery.
    That statement is a nickel/dimer. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    That statement is a nickel/dimer. Haha.
    Everybody has to help now....

I knew Billy a bit years ago and off camera he’s the same guy. Fun, ribald, warm, imbiber.

CDC did push the quarantine time back to 7-10 days. I'm not sure of the affect this may have on Harris and Strawther as I believe their quarantine began Thanksgiving day or the day before? If you do the math they fall within the latest quidelines.

Local public health authorities determine and establish the quarantine options for their jurisdictions. CDC currently recommends a quarantine period of 14 days. However, based on local circumstances and resources, the following options to shorten quarantine are acceptable alternatives.

Quarantine can end after Day 10 without testing and if no symptoms have been reported during daily monitoring.
    With this strategy, residual post-quarantine transmission risk is estimated to be about 1% with an upper limit of about 10%.
    When diagnostic testing resources are sufficient and available (see bullet 3, below), then quarantine can end after Day 7 if a diagnostic specimen tests negative and if no symptoms were reported during daily monitoring. The specimen may be collected and tested within 48 hours before the time of planned quarantine discontinuation (e.g., in anticipation of testing delays), but quarantine cannot be discontinued earlier than after Day 7.
    With this strategy, the residual post-quarantine transmission risk is estimated to be about 5% with an upper limit of about 12%.
    In both cases, additional criteria (e.g., continued symptom monitoring and masking through Day 14) must be met and are outlined in the full text.

Link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...uarantine.html

Raft is awesome, he's the anti-Bill Walton.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Everybody has to help now....

I knew Billy a bit years ago and off camera he’s the same guy. Fun, ribald, warm, imbiber.
    Way O/T, but I'll never forget the post game parties when we were in Albuquerque for UTEP-UNM. It's been 30+ years since those days, but the bar in the Marriott was the place to be. After one nail biter of a game, another tough loss for UNM, who should sit next to me at the bar but their coach, Gary Colson. He was as friendly as could be, considering the outcome, I enjoyed our conversation.

I never really left the Snake Pit, the forerunner of the Kennel Club. I'm sure that enthusiasm will be on display in Waco, when we take on the Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    CDC did push the quarantine time back to 7-10 days. I'm not sure of the affect this may have on Harris and Strawther as I believe their quarantine began Thanksgiving day or the day before? If you do the math they fall within the latest quidelines.

Local public health authorities determine and establish the quarantine options for their jurisdictions. CDC currently recommends a quarantine period of 14 days. However, based on local circumstances and resources, the following options to shorten quarantine are acceptable alternatives.

Quarantine can end after Day 10 without testing and if no symptoms have been reported during daily monitoring.
    With this strategy, residual post-quarantine transmission risk is estimated to be about 1% with an upper limit of about 10%.
    When diagnostic testing resources are sufficient and available (see bullet 3, below), then quarantine can end after Day 7 if a diagnostic specimen tests negative and if no symptoms were reported during daily monitoring. The specimen may be collected and tested within 48 hours before the time of planned quarantine discontinuation (e.g., in anticipation of testing delays), but quarantine cannot be discontinued earlier than after Day 7.
    With this strategy, the residual post-quarantine transmission risk is estimated to be about 5% with an upper limit of about 12%.
    In both cases, additional criteria (e.g., continued symptom monitoring and masking through Day 14) must be met and are outlined in the full text.

Link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...uarantine.html
    This is all accurate. CDC just provides recommended guidelines. And, as you say, they now have some options for shorter quarantine. Most organizations, businesses, government, etc. follow CDC guidelines but they aren't law. To your point, state/local governments set rules by orders or regulations, which can be greater or lesser than what CDC guidelines say. Same for employers/organizations. Individuals and organizations have to conform to state/local orders or regulations; but, they can choose to be more strict if they want or, if not precluded by state/local orders and regulations, they can follow CDC guidelines or do something less (latter is not advisable because they would be assuming liability risk of a civil claim or possible OSHA/DOH citation if something goes wrong).

From Jim Meehan pregame story posted on Spokeman Review Friday evening: Suggs suffered an ankle injury in Wednesday’s win, but returned in the second half. He’s been sore the past few days but he’s expected to play.

Link:https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...toughest-chal/

Probably written shortly after the WV game and nothing new, but still front page on ESPN Mens BB page.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ulldogs-injury
    It's not funny.

Ummm,, this article says Watson is out w shoulder injury. Can anyone confirm?

https://pacificnwsports.com/gonzaga-...ies-odds-more/

Default Watty out?

Report that Watty out w/shoulder? Confirm?

Courtesy Flex: https://pacificnwsports.com/gonzaga-...ies-odds-more/

Page may be out. Here’s what it said,

We generally don’t do pregame buildups for basketball at Pacific Northwest Sports. This game however, is special. It pits the top two teams in the AP Poll against each other for only the fifth time in the last dozen seasons. It’s also just the second one vs. two matchup that doesn’t include Kentucky, Duke, or Kansas in that time.

Who: Baylor Bears (3-0) vs. Gonzaga Bulldogs (3-0)

Where: Bankers Life Fieldhouse – Indianapolis, Indiana.

When: Saturday, December 5, 2020 – 10:00 a.m. PST.

TV: CBS. Announcers: Tom McCarthy and “The Coach” Bill Raftery

Line: Gonzaga -4. Over/Under: 159.5 (Odds Shark).

Injuries: Gonzaga Out – F Anton Watson (shoulder). Questionable – F Julian Strawther (COVID-19), G Dominick Harris (COVID-19). Baylor: No injuries reported.

Interesting Trends: Gonzaga has lost one game in the last calendar year (27-1), including seven straight wins. They have won 14 of their last 18 and five straight on neutral courts. The Zags have gone over in 16 of their last 18 games. Baylor is 17-3 straight up in their last 20 but only covered the spread in 13. However, as an underdog, the Bears are six out of seven against the spread.

Thanks jazz...if this story is true, I’d also like the story of how pacific northwest sports.com apparently got the scoop.

Hoping it’s poor editing...old data ??

Update: that link not working now but in their preview of today’s Baylor game it listed Watson as out w shoulder injury; Harris & Strawther out w quarantine

Weird on all counts. They got Harris/Straw wrong as they’re still in Q in FL I believe. The scariest piece is that it’s his shoulder.

Thanks jazz...if this story is true, I’d also like the story of how pacific northwest sports.com apparently got the scoop.

Hoping it’s poor editing...old data ??

Update: that link not working now but in their preview of today’s Baylor game it listed Watson as out w shoulder injury; Harris & Strawther out w quarantine

Game is also available via Live Stream: CBSSports.com

There's a working link in the Strawther Harris update topic. It does list Watson out with shoulder, but accuracy?

Hey tummy, check your PM's
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Not a great sign if its true on Watsons shoulder. He may have to deal with this his whole career such as Tille and his ankle. Watty is an important piece defensively so this is a blow for us. Not just defensively, but to spell minutes for the bigs and rotation.
    America's Team!

Not sure what to make of this since the link is basically a fan site. The latest preview of the game does not show Watson as being out. I would wait for something a little more credible like Meehan.

Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    Not sure what to make of this since the link is basically a fan site. The latest preview of the game does not show Watson as being out. I would wait for something a little more credible like Meehan.
    Van, good to see u. Yes, just another piece of a surreal day and season.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Raft is awesome, he's the anti-Bill Walton.
    You just summed it up to perfection!