Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GU vs Baylor- Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
    I hope to see a great game with the Zags pulling out a tight one. I also hope to not see Bilas on the call. I had to mute it and listen to music while watching the game last night. If we were all half as smart as Jay thinks he is the world would be a better place.
    hey now!, you are not implying that a former "Dukie" is smug and arrogant are you!!!
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

- i think to win we need suggs at 90% and watson at 60% and i think that might be a bridge too far.
    - my guess is baylor 87, zags 77

- the good news is my first 3 predictions this year have all stunk, hope that holds true once more.

I hate to say it but I think it will be even in almost all most areas with the difference being they scored 3's on their possessions where we scored 2's.

91 - 85 BU.

If we show no fear and play with confidence, flip the score.
    We are on this earth to live, not to avoid death.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
    I hope to see a great game with the Zags pulling out a tight one. I also hope to not see Bilas on the call. I had to mute it and listen to music while watching the game last night. If we were all half as smart as Jay thinks he is the world would be a better place.
    mandatory mute, a bummer because he knows the game obviously, but insufferable

Zags 99
    Bears 90

Gonna be a grinder

Go Zags - Beat the Bears!!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

I just want to see a win by our Zags. Crash the boards, keep turnovers to a minimum and hit the 3 ball. Baylor is a great 3 pt. shooting team. 47%! Gotta lock them down.

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    I just want to see a win by our Zags. Crash the boards, keep turnovers to a minimum and hit the 3 ball. Baylor is a great 3 pt. shooting team. 47%! Gotta lock them down.
    Baylor is a great 3 point shooting team. Obviously better than Gonzaga. But 47% is not sustainable. Or if it is, hand them the trophy now. I’m hoping for a slight regression on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Baylor is a great 3 point shooting team. Obviously better than Gonzaga. But 47% is not sustainable. Or if it is, hand them the trophy now. I’m hoping for a slight regression on that front.
    If so, we’re gonna have to do a better job of contesting (WITHOUT FOULING!!!). We’ve given up way too many wide open looks so far for my liking.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Odds have changed since last night. It might be because Suggsmeister is ready to go or at least not impaired as he might have been. Jazz is asking if this is a title game. It is an early season title game for us and them,, this is THEE big one till February/March.
    We can win this if we run and play hard defense. Our 3 pt shooting could use a tuneup as well. They are just so strong on the boards and their 2 guards are very good, big, fast and shoot well.
    Defense wins this one. Theirs or ours.,.... This game could go either way. The way we came back yesterday implies we can be focused and tough We will need both for Baylor.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Odds have changed since last night. It might be because Suggsmeister is ready to go or at least not impaired as he might have been. Jazz is asking if this is a title game. It is an early season title game for us and them,, this is THEE big one till February/March.
    We can win this if we run and play hard defense. Our 3 pt shooting could use a tuneup as well. They are just so strong on the boards and their 2 guards are very good, big, fast and shoot well.
    Defense wins this one. Theirs or ours.,.... This game could go either way. The way we came back yesterday implies we can be focused and tough We will need both for Baylor.
    Good assessment Abe.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Been giving this some thought and wanted to watch the Baylor/Illinois game first.

From watching last night, Baylor seems to love to spread 3 or 4 out wide across the perimeter with one to two interior player and then look to move the ball around looking for a chance to drive or get an open 3.

Zags will need to defend the 3 well. Expect to see Cook getting good minutes for defensive purposes.

In the end, I suspect this will be a barn-burner.

Zags 97
    Baylor 94
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Ohhhh... I predict this will be an EPIC game. #1 —#2 March Madness-esc. Set your VCR’s!

Gonzaga- 92
    Baylor- 86

My VCR is flashing 12:00

I hope to see a healthy Suggs and a better (return to normal) performance from Timme. If both of those happen, we got this.

Zags - 90
    University of Baylor - 82
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

TEAM PTS PA FG% REB AST BLK STL STRK
    GONZ 93.0 79.7 55.3 37.7 19.0 2.3 8.0 W3
    BAY 93.3 67.7 51.2 43.0 20.0 3.7 7.3 W3

Tetonic struggle.

Where's Caduceus?? That's the input we need.

Quote Originally Posted by MyZags View Post
    Ohhhh... I predict this will be an EPIC game. #1 —#2 March Madness-esc. Set your VCR’s!

Gonzaga- 92
    Baylor- 86
    There could be a sequel in 2 weeks. If we win and Iowa keeps winning it’ll be 1 vs 2 again!

Zags win 94-91.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    TEAM PTS PA FG% REB AST BLK STL STRK
    GONZ 93.0 79.7 55.3 37.7 19.0 2.3 8.0 W3
    BAY 93.3 67.7 51.2 43.0 20.0 3.7 7.3 W3

Great comparison and should be a great match-up! For reference from Kenpom:

Gonzaga has played, Kansas (5), West Virginia (8), and Auburn (75)

Baylor has played, Illinois (25), Washington (105), and LA Lafayette (169)

Smile They came for a Basketball Game, and a Track Meet broke out.

Hoops Galore, a poem
    <ahem>
    "Outscoring's" an adjective,
    "Explosion's" a noun.
    An Outscoring Explosion,
    Brings Baylor's Bears down.

-------
    Zags - 95
    Bears - 91

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Tetonic struggle.
    Maybe Tectonic as well.

ZAGS 82
    BEARS 79

If this tilt goes into overtime, I'm going to need medical attention!
    Last edited by ProVeeZag; 12-03-2020 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Add score prediction
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

It's gonna be a barn burner. I think it was beneficial that Drew had a poor first half the other night. His footwork and all were good, but he couldn't make those bunnies. He should have had 10-12 points the first half. But he was battling against big and tough bruisers. It was a good initiation for him against a tough team. I think he is going to be primed for Baylor. Drew is so damn tough.

Hoping Suggs all ready to go. That guy is poetry in motion, at a fast clip. Corey has to hit the 3 ball. We have to defend their 3 ball. They are a very good shooting team from downtown. Looking for some good D and of course, O.

Think we win this game. Feel better going against Baylor than WV. Go Zags

I see that CBS has an SEC (gag me) football doubleheader tomorrow, which is why the Zags get the early morning slot. Wish this were a night game on ESPN, but this is the hand we have to play.
    WE ZIGGED, WE ZAGGED, WE CONQUERED !!

Gonzaga 103
    Baylor 99

I think it's going to be a really fast paced game, up and down and up and down and go, go, go. Both teams have enough good subs to play fast the whole game. I don't believe that Baylor will try to slow it down because from what I've seen of them they love to run too. I believe GU's Bigs run better than Baylor's and I think that could be the difference. Also Mark Few has had really good luck vs Baylor in the many times that we've played them. We have certainly had some great games with them, and this one will be the best. Both teams have really good guards, but GU has better big, Timme. I'm glad the game's early. I will be nervous.

Go Zags!
    Last edited by Reborn; 12-04-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!