Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gonzaga vs WVU Post game thoughts.

Default Gonzaga vs WVU Post game thoughts.

Zags win 87 to 82

Timme played intimidated in the 1st half but turned it around in the 2nd half. Nembhard really saved us this game especially when suggs got hurt. Andrew was amazing. I have no idea how suggs came back with how he reacted and we all did. I swore it was a achilles tear.

Watson is a huge liability on offense. I feel for the kid but he has nothing going on right now on offense. It was a ugly game. However we won. All that matters and Ayayi was huge down the stretch. Ayayi is always unnoticed by most people and always a stat stuffer.

And WVU cries too much for me. So many points at the line.
    Love the zags for life

Nembhard was the man. Ayayi played great also. Kispert has showed up every game.

I was very impressed by WV bigs. They are a good team.

But mostly relieved. Relieved the Zags won for sure but very relieved about Suggs. Very! Very very!

Neb stepped up BIG...and AYAI had his usual bloodhound nose going on. Also, give the refs a little love...some of those fouls on the WV bigs were cheap. WV has a tough yeam and some really nice Bigs...they will be top 10 all year...VERY good team.
    Give the guys credit for hanging in there and getting some nice buckets toward the end to ice it....good test for the Zags...they wont get those "BIGS" calls in Provo.

Good win...good test...and cudos to Suggs...his return gave the team a lift...REALLY glad hes ok. GO ZAGS!

Just need to stay HEALTHY!

That’s the kind of game we’ll face from the Sweet 16 on. Physical, grind it out basketball, the flow of the game dictated by the zebras.

Zags showed heart in the second half and played through the physical play of WVU. Great win and even better learning experience
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Wow glad we survived that one. Not sure if their bigs had stayed in the game this would have been a W. So glad it was though. We need to play a few more teams like this to get ready for the tournament as this is the type of team that will beat us. Nembhard the player of the game but Ayayi a close 2nd. He showed some great hustle and made some big plays when we needed him to. Proud of Timme to fight back like that.

Shout out to Huggy Bear and his squad. They played a great game with little time to prepare, a solid effort for 40 minutes.

Suggs gained a lot with me tonight. He's a top freshman recruit. Most of those guys are me guys. He's a team guy. Showing his buddy's he's there for the season .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Shout out to Huggy Bear and his squad. They played a great game with little time to prepare, a solid effort for 40 minutes.
    +100

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    naw #### him... love that we have no fans.. can hear his fat self crying the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    naw #### him... love that we have no fans.. can hear his fat self crying the whole game.
    Sure glad our board is classy and stays away from name calling.....oh well
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Sure glad our board is classy and stays away from name calling.....oh well
    you should listen to WVU fans or their coach... grow a pair.

Uncalled for. Watch the coaches after the game, and how much respect they have for each other. Then re read your pitiful display of a post. You can be a "fan" and root for success and failure on the court, but what you're doing just makes you the moron.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Gritty win for Zags and a great sign as they faced a lot of adversity in this game. What an emotional roller coaster that was!

Lot of players stepped up, including Timme bouncing back in 2nd half. Some great stat stuffers tonight in Ayayi, Suggs, Nembhard. Ballo was productive against maybe toughest front court in the land. Lots of room for improvement to be sure but he showed some signs of progress.

Watson is an enigma to me. People on this board used to talk about him like he’s an NBA lock possibly lottery player some day. I just don’t see it or anything close. He plays smart in terms of defensive rotations and passing but so timid and unsure offensively.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    Uncalled for. Watch the coaches after the game, and how much respect they have for each other. Then re read your pitiful display of a post. You can be a "fan" and root for success and failure on the court, but what you're doing just makes you the moron.
    I dont care what he says after the game... dude cries the whole game. Open your ears.

great win for the zags. Huggy bear is a cryer and so are their fans. Get a twitter..

great win for the zags. Huggy bear is a cryer and so are their fans. Get a twitter..
    I think you’re in the minority. Count me as a fan of Huggins and his team. I thought they played well enough to win.

Big shout out to Omar. In 10 minutes, 6 points, 3 boards. The youngster got thrown in with the older big boys and I thought he did well. Nice win, fellas, against an always tough and physical team. Have always liked Huggins.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I think you’re in the minority. Count me as a fan of Huggins and his team. I thought they played well enough to win.
    Thats fine. I dont mind how they play. They were tough. If we see them again with a healthy suggs we beat them by 10+.. dont like huggy and his crying though. And their fans dont shut up.. i assume you dont have twitter and their fans complaining about a 33-21 disparity on fts for WVU.

- i said a very unselfish prayer for suggs when he got hurt.............i think it was answered, and so quick too...........oh me of little faith.

- give prayerful zag fans a hockey assist on this one.

Thats fine. I dont mind how they play. They were tough. If we see them again with a healthy suggs we beat them by 10+.. dont like huggy and his crying though. And their fans dont shut up.. i assume you dont have twitter and their fans complaining about a 33-21 disparity on fts for WVU.
    I see it. Oh boy did i see it.
    Love the zags for life

Suggs is a stud...

how many potential #1 picks come back in that game??

Twitter (social media) brings out the worst thoughts from the worst people.

Suggs is a stud...

how many potential #1 picks come back in that game??
    guarantee if he was a Big baller brander he'd be out "just to protect his future." Really gutsy by Suggs, although i was definitely apprehensive about his return and his effectiveness.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003