Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gonzaga vs WVU Post game thoughts.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I saw a crazy stat on Sportscenter last night. The most points in the paint scored against a Big 12 team in the last 10 years was GU's 62 against Kansas, 2nd most was GU's 60 against WVU last night. GU has always gone inside with 2 bigs, but this year it's mostly guards attacking.

Amazing stat!

One thing about this year's team, in regards to points in the paint, is the number of baskets they are making on transition basketball or fast breaks. Timme is so good at running the court. And our guards can really run and pass in transition. This is the best set of passing guards that GU has had in my opinion. Suggs was a high caliber QB in high school, and man can he ever pass in transition. And last night we saw the same from Nembhard. Our pick and roll has never been better and it's because of the excellent passing by our guards. It's also a result of unselfish play. The Zags are always looking for that "one more pass" that OTHER coaches are trying to get their players to buy into. It's really fun to watch the passing. To me it's as beautiful as making baskets.

Go Zags!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    What Bob Huggins had to say after the loss to Gonzaga:

No. 11 West Virginia couldn't quite hold on in Indianapolis on Wednesday evening, falling to No. 1 Gonzaga, 87-82. The Mountaineers held a lead at halftime, but struggled with the officiating in the second half as Oscar Tshiebwe and Gabe Osabuohien both fouled out and Derek Culver and Taz Sherman were both saddled with foul trouble. Given the fact the Mountaineers jumped into the game - and actually requested it - on such short notice should mean that Bob Huggins' team will hold their heads high after this one. The Mountaineer Head Coach and his team addressed that and more in their postgame press conferences.

https://247sports.com/college/west-v...7/#155881427_1
    Regarding the poor officiating, did they mention that West Virginia shot 23 foul shots in the second half to Gonzaga's 12, and WV scored 17 points from the line the second half. But in the end it was WV's missed free throws that might have cost them the game

Go Zags!

I thought the announcers were fair, and good. Bilas especially is going to call 'em like he sees them. Yes he did think the refs missed the one call on the charge where he thought Timme flopped. But he also stated that he thought the refs a couple when the Zags actually stole the ball a couple times there in the latter part of the game and the refs called reaching in on our guys. The Zags really picked jp the intensity on D in the last part of the game. They needed to get stops and got 'em, and actually got a couple steals for lay ups I think. Our guards played some good D last night. One thing that hasn't been mentioned about the game, and it's regarding D. Their top scorer, McBride, the point guard, had 10 at half time and hit two threes. He was held scoreless the second half, and he ended up with just those ten points. tHAT'S A HUGE STAT.

Go Zags!

How huge was that win last night? It was HUGE in Vegas, where the line for the Zags winning the title went from 8-1 to 5-1. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that on ESPN this afternoon.

O/T, but the Tarleton game is being broadcast on ATT Sports in North Texas. Better not sleep on them, they only lost by 7 in College Station.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    How huge was that win last night? It was HUGE in Vegas, where the line for the Zags winning the title went from 8-1 to 5-1. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw that on ESPN this afternoon.

O/T, but the Tarleton game is being broadcast on ATT Sports in North Texas. Better not sleep on them, they only lost by 7 in College Station.
    I got in at 10-1. That was before we found out Nembhard was eligible this year.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    I got in at 10-1. That was before we found out Nembhard was eligible this year.
    If I give you $10, will you buy me some lotto tix tomorrow? Got to go with the Hot Hand!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Agree 100%. Nothing but respect for Huggy and co
    When every single coach loves Huggins, and they all seem to, you have to know that at the end of the day he's a great guy. Anything else is just personal quirks.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.