• Show
Clear All
  • TerpZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Gonzaga WBB Twitter - Lady Zags move up to #18

Gonzaga Women's Basketball
    @ZagWBB

The @usatodaysports Coaches Poll is out, & we moved up to No. 18!
    #UnitedWeZag

Gonzaga WBB Twitter Link
  • ZagDad84
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2014

Thanks TerpZag.

In looking at the picture it looks like EH is in street clothes at the far left and AOC is in street clothes on the far right. I do not see KG in this picture.

ZagDad

Comment

• ZagDad84
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2014

The Lady Zags are now ranked at #18 in both the AP (writers) Poll and the USA Today (coaches) Poll moving up 3 spots in the AP Poll and 2 Spots in the USA today poll. The AP Poll does not account for yesterday's win against South Dakota while the USA Today Poll does include yesterday's victory.

Gonzaga is now the highest ranked, non-P5 team (excluding UConn) in the Top-25. The only other non-P5 teams in the polls are Depaul at #20 and Missouri State at #21.

At this link, you can flip between the AP and USA Today Polls. Also, after the minimum number of games have been completed, you will have the opportunity to see the NET rankings as well as the NCAA committee's Top-16 teams later next Spring: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basket...sociated-press

Just for giggles, here is the College Insiders Top-25 mid-major Wbb poll as of 11/25, so essentially a pre-season Top-25. The College Insiders have our Lady Zags listed as #3 behind Missouri State and South Dakota. I would expect that this week's updated Top-25 will have Gonzaga moved up to #1. Interesting to see that our next opponent, South Dakota State is ranked #8 in the mid-major poll.

Link: https://www.collegeinsider.com/womens-mid-major-top-25

ZagDad

Comment

• TerpZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TerpZag View Post
        Gonzaga Women's Basketball
        @ZagWBB

The @usatodaysports Coaches Poll is out, & we moved up to No. 18!
        #UnitedWeZag

Gonzaga WBB Twitter Link

To ZagDad84 and any other Lady Zag fan, have any of you been able to locate a link to the USAToday Coaches Top 25 Poll that lists all the teams receiving votes this week? I posted earlier today the above
        link to the Gonzaga WBB Twitter Link posted earlier today regarding the USAToday Coaches poll. I have not been able to locate on the other sites that I usually go to for the USAToday Coaches Poll to find the complete listing of the ranked teams for this week.

The detailed USAToday Coaches Poll for this week is not listed on the USAToday website, the ESPN website or the NCAA website as far as I can find.

I am now wondering if the Gonzaga WBB tweet today was suppose to actually refer to this week's AP Poll that ranked Gonzaga #18 this week and not to the latest USAToday Coaches Poll.

I have subsequently located this statement from the WBCA on their twitter feed.

WBCA@WBCA1981 · 10h

The first weekly regular season @usatodaysports
        NCAA Division I Top 25 Women’s Basketball Coaches Poll
        will be released Tuesday, Dec. 8. No poll this week.
        WBCA Twitter Account

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what might have happened? Thanks...

Comment

Working...
        X