Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Hail Jalen Suggs

Suggs PER is at 38.9 after 2 games, which I think he could improve on. Zion finished his freshman year at 40.8. The Zags Big 3 are all over 30 right now. I don’t think that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Suggs PER is at 38.9 after 2 games, which I think he could improve on. Zion finished his freshman year at 40.8. The Zags Big 3 are all over 30 right now. I don’t think that will change.
    Those are all insanely high numbers. Zion’s per is the highest ever since they’ve been tracking it (2009)

Zags already have two of the top 5 since then.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...er-season.html

Default Hmmmm

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

2021 Mock Draft

Updated: 2020-11-30 14:50:41

# Team Player H W P School C
    1 Golden St. Jalen Suggs 6-4 205 PG Gonzaga Fr.
    2 Cleveland Jalen Green 6-6 180 SG G-League Fr.
    3 Minnesota Cade Cunningham 6-8 220 PG/SG Oklahoma State Fr.
    4 Atlanta Jonathan Kuminga 6-8 205 SF/PF G-League Fr.
    5 Detroit Evan Mobley 7-0 215 PF USC Fr.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Interesting. They also have Corey going at 27, Filip going at 40 and Timme going at 41.

Unless something has changed, NBA Draft Dot Net is one of the least reputable sources for the NBA Draft. I’m waiting for Givony to update his mock draft, since I doubt Suggs will remain down at 18.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Interesting. They also have Corey going at 27, Filip going at 40 and Timme going at 41.
    Mock on. Meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Unless something has changed, NBA Draft Dot Net is one of the least reputable sources for the NBA Draft. I’m waiting for Givony to update his mock draft, since I doubt Suggs will remain down at 18.
    Don’t be afraid to leave a link as I have no idea who “Givony” is.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Don’t be afraid to leave a link as I have no idea who “Givony” is.
    Jonathan Givony, yet another draft guru with an accuracy rate akin to the pollsters of recent events. Which is to say, you wanna help, don’t help.

https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/news

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Jonathan Givony is the co-owner of draftexpress.com. He is also now at ESPN. He heads their draft analysis department.

Mal is right about NBAdraft.com. They have had players in the lottery who got drafted in the mid-2nd round. I don't know who runs it, but their sources are poor. Givony is generally regarded as the best in the business, but the whole thing is hardly a science. Unfortunately, unlike when he was running draftexpress.com, you now have to pay to get his analysis at ESPN.

There a million and one mock lists on the internet that are simply run by fans. They don't attend games, don't have sources, etc. And they charge nothing. Anyone can put up a mock site.

I want to be a “mocker” like Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I want to be a “mocker” like Jazz
    Foist u gotta be born in Brooklyn, Doc.

Etymology for macher
    borrowed from Yiddish makher "influential person, fixer," literally, "maker," going back to Middle High German macher "maker, creator," from machen "to make, do" ....

Givony on Jalen Suggs today(now ranked 5th):
    “Suggs has great size for a point guard at 6-foot-4 to go along with a strong frame and outstanding physical ability, boasting a powerful first step and the explosiveness to play above the rim regularly. An aggressive slasher who attacks the paint relentlessly, Suggs absorbs contact at the rim far better than most 19-year-olds, but he also has been impressive in changing speeds and using advanced moves to create space. His jumper has looked encouraging, especially with his ability to make pull-up 3s from deep.

Suggs' court vision and unselfishness have been the biggest revelations of his freshman campaign thus far. He makes quick, pinpoint passes without hesitation, manipulating defenses with his handle and timing. And his defense has been just as good as advertised. He has excellent instincts getting in passing lanes and demonstrates terrific awareness rotating to make plays from the weak side. Big enough to defend some wings, he gets over screens, puts his body on the line and plays with aggressiveness and physicality.”

Kispert is also mentioned, and is ranked 23rd.

Joel is going to find a place in the NBA. He's dynamic, can shoot it from anywhere, has a nose for the basketball and is a terrific rebounder for his size.