Thread: Dan Schulman and Jimmy Dykes on GU

Default Dan Schulman and Jimmy Dykes on GU

Schulman and Dykes have the call on today's Richmond vs Kentucky game today. During the game they discussed the early story lines in CBB thus far. Dykes said the best team by far in the early going is Gonzaga, said they are the real deal. He also said GU has the best culture in CBB. He said by this I mean what you believe, how you play, how you treat others, how you treat your teammates, how you work, the value of winning and playing tough, that is my definition of culture. Shulman and Dykes also said GU talent has set the bar for the rest of CBB. You could make an argument GU has the three best players at their position in all of CBB with Kispert, Timme and Suggs. Also, Schulman noted the Zags dropped 102 on Kansas the other day which is extremely hard to do!
    Last edited by Section 116; 11-29-2020 at 10:57 AM. Reason: additional Schulman quote

Heady stuff!

Thanks 116.

Dykes also said coming in that he thought Baylor had the best backcourt but with Nembhard getting eligible it's now the Zags.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

I heard Shulman and Dykes too and enjoyed it, but calling Suggs best PG in college hoops and Timme best post in college hoops was over the top after just 2 games.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

In fairness they did say you could make an argument, not that they were the best!
    Last edited by Section 116; 11-29-2020 at 01:00 PM.

We need to pump the brakes on those kind of superlatives. I’m talking about best at 3 positions.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    We need to pump the brakes on those kind of superlatives. I’m talking about best at 3 positions.
    There is no doubt, when you evaluate the Zags the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. The players have bought into the plan. Like Jake and Elwood, they’re on a mission from God.

I like the praise but the next couple weeks will say alot. I still want to see more from Nembhard and we played with Timme never getting into foul trouble. We need a big to spell Timme so I'm hoping we figure something out, that imo will be our downfall.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    Schulman and Dykes have the call on today's Richmond vs Kentucky game today. During the game they discussed the early story lines in CBB thus far. Dykes said the best team by far in the early going is Gonzaga, said they are the real deal. He also said GU has the best culture in CBB. He said by this I mean what you believe, how you play, how you treat others, how you treat your teammates, how you work, the value of winning and playing tough, that is my definition of culture. Shulman and Dykes also said GU talent has set the bar for the rest of CBB. You could make an argument GU has the three best players at their position in all of CBB with Kispert, Timme and Suggs. Also, Schulman noted the Zags dropped 102 on Kansas the other day which is extremely hard to do!
    Saw the game Richman tickled me to death,great win,and he has us pegged just about right.We play team ball,that is the difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I heard Shulman and Dykes too and enjoyed it, but calling Suggs best PG in college hoops and Timme best post in college hoops was over the top after just 2 games.
    Iowa kid is far better,but we are looking GREAT,so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jagwalkley View Post
    Iowa kid is far better,but we are looking GREAT,so far.
    I don’t know that Garza is far better than Timme but we will see them play each other soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I don’t know that Garza is far better than Timme but we will see them play each other soon enough.

Garza is so good. I am way interested to see how GU handles his strength, size, and quickness.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

They said Zion was better than Rui too. Just sayin.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Garza will get his buckets. And so will timme.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    They said Zion was better than Rui too. Just sayin.
    Zion was/is better than Rui. Not a slight to Rui at all.

And re: Timme/Garza, as Vulture said, we’ll see soon enough. But I’m sure Drew is more concerned about the W than personally besting Garza.

In Comparison Luka is to Iowa as Morrison was to Gonzaga. A true game changer and puts up big numbers every game.

If Timme sticks around for four years he may play at the same level. I'm not knocking Timme. He's a sophomore and Luka is a senior. His numbers are off the chart. As Timme gets more experience and his body gets stronger he will even be more dominant.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    In Comparison Luka is to Iowa as Morrison was to Gonzaga. A true game changer and puts up big numbers every game.

If Timme sticks around for four years he may play at the same level. I'm not knocking Timme. He's a sophomore and Luka is a senior. His numbers are off the chart. As Timme gets more experience and his body gets stronger he will even be more dominant.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    We will see how it plays out. I doubt either has faced a guy as talented as the other. I am personally not convinced that Garza is “far superior”

ESPN Matchup Predictor has Iowa at a 56.9% chance to win.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401255666

I think that will change between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    ESPN Matchup Predictor has Iowa at a 56.9% chance to win.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401255666

I think that will change between now and then.
    Motivation material right here!

That's gotta be a weird algorithm they use heavily weighted toward the 5 position. Garza is a beast, shooting 87% free throws.

I know Iowa is very good, as is Garza. I don’t know that comparing stats is telling at all though. Garza has played Southern and North Carolina Central whereas Timme has played Kansas and Auburn.

If ESPN thinks Iowa is a favorite to beat Gonzaga, head to head, they should have Iowa ranked higher than the Zags. Higher than #1 is what?
    It's not funny.