X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SageOfZagville
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Feb 2007

The five who came in at the end would probably win the WCC with the exception of BYU.

Comment

• tummydoc
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2013

Suggs played great, but even if he has a national POY year, he won't be best Zag ever. And its not Stockton. Gonna be hard to dislodge AMMO. Maybe if Suggs stayed 3 years, but not if one and done.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
        Compare college to college.

Much of Stockton's glory is from his NBA career, not to say he wasn't a great Zag too, but coming out of Gonzaga, nobody saw what he became.

I do think that, based on one game, Suggs will end up better than NWG for their one season.
        Originally posted by tummydoc View Post
        Suggs played great, but even if he has a national POY year, he won't be best Zag ever. And its not Stockton. Gonna be hard to dislodge AMMO. Maybe if Suggs stayed 3 years, but not if one and done.

Agree

Comment

• Jedster
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Oct 2009

Dang it! Too much turkey! Swear I hadn’t started drinking......

Comment

• roxdoc
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

What a great start to the season! It struck me that Kansas worked hard at clipping Kispert and Timme’s wings in the second half. Our coaches may have then given Suggs the green light to do his thing. Three headed monster, which actually doesn’t do justice to Ayayi who nearly always significantly impacts the game.

Comment

• ZionZag
              Kennel Club
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by zagamatic View Post
              I can't stop saying it to myself, we just hung 102 points on KANSAS in regulation! That's something that no one has done in 30 years. Not to mention that it's the first game of the year with sooooo many new faces. It's only one game, but color me impressed.
              Ya think they will want to play us again?

Comment

• gueastcoast
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

I think Ballo will be fine. Big Shem wasn't so silky smooth early in his first year. Bigs like that need a little seasoning, and more generally I'm excited to see the player development on this squad -- so much talent to work with.
                Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Comment

• Jedster
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by roxdoc View Post
                  What a great start to the season! It struck me that Kansas worked hard at clipping Kispert and Timme’s wings in the second half. Our coaches may have then given Suggs the green light to do his thing. Three headed monster, which actually doesn’t do justice to Ayayi who nearly always significantly impacts the game.
                  Ayayi had a sneaky good game. I didn't notice him much but there he was at the end with 10pts and 9 rebounds. Huge to have someone like him and his ability to rebound will make playing four guards much easier.

Comment

• willandi
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Jedster View Post
                    Ayayi had a sneaky good game. I didn't notice him much but there he was at the end with 10pts and 9 rebounds. Huge to have someone like him and his ability to rebound will make playing four guards much easier.
                    15 points.
                    Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• MDABE80
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

This is early.. the earliest but I think is is a high end title team. If I was Few I’d be looking for replacements. 3 or 4 of our boys will be gone. Just an outstanding team playing a very tough Kansas team... we need another big. I am starry eyed over this team! It’ll be interesting to see how they do against the 3 more ranked teams. We sure could use another big though.
                      Last edited by MDABE80; 11-26-2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• IowaSERE
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                        This is early.. the earliest but I think is is a high end title team. If I was Few I’d be looking for replacements. 3 or 4 of our boys will be gone. Just an outstanding team playing a very tough Kansas team... we need another big. I am starry eyed over this team! It’ll be interesting to see how they do against the 3 more ranked teams. We sure could use another bug though.
                        Bugs are for the Patriots

Comment

• ZionZag
                          Kennel Club
                          • Sep 2013

I was happy to see Fewie going 9 deep very early

Comment

• ProVeeZag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2011

Abe, couldn't agree more regarding Suggs. As eye-popping as his drives and dunks were, his assists were other-worldly as well. Droppin' dimes, especially late in the game when he didn't need to do the scoring. He has that pro-type body already. The thing I couldn't get over was that was obvious in the very first minute of this game, how solid his handle on the ball is. Change of direction at full speed while dribbling - not a problem. I'm gonna go out on a limb here: Most Valuable Newcomer in WCC
                            Last edited by ProVeeZag; 11-26-2020, 03:21 PM. Reason: Reference to Suggs
                            "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
                            —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• ZAGS ATTACK BASKET
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2016

Few went with a 7 man lineup for the most part this is a break down on minutes for those players. Kispert 37 minutes, Timme 32. Ayayi 31, Nembhard 31, Suggs 23, Watson 18, Cook 11 minutes.

Of the 7 players everyone impressed me today except for Watson. What a big break for the Zags getting Nembhard cleared to play this year at the last minute. The big surprise for me today was how good Cook looked.

Timme and Kispert carried the team in the first half. But in the 2nd half especially down the stretch Suggs carried the team and was a force to be reckoned with. What was most impressive to me towards the end of the game was Suggs two great spot on passes to guards underneath the basket for 2 each layups. Suggs is not just a offensive weapon he could also be a assist magnet, with by far the best passing on the team (Sure was today).

Ayayi, Nembhard, and Cook all were ready for primetime and looked good. Onward to Auburn 0800 tomorrow. Go Zags

Comment

• DZ
                                Zag for Life
                                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Jedster View Post
                                I wanted to pick up on this bc I went a long way through this thread before someone said his name (obviously it's bc so many played SO well).

I don't watch NBA bb unless it's the Finals or something.

I have never seen a player - ever - on any team, that can score that reliably at absolute top speed, running his fastest (on a BB floor) and yet able to convert near every layup. If he has the ball passed to him at full speed near the rim, I know it's going in.

I have never seen a player like that. I am sure some of the really good BB people have some good comparisons or some that might exceed him. All I know is that I've never seen anything like that.

Let me put it this way, I had the luck to see Jason Kidd in his final college year in the NCAA tournament, it shocked me to see a player who could control a ball like that, like an extension of his mind or something. I saw it, it shook me such that I never saw it again. Ayayi hits me the exact same way with the full speed layup-drive in the paint.

And again, I don't watch NBA so I am sure there are grown men that can match it, but not many
                                Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                                Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                                X