Thread: Bonds Indicted

Default Bonds Indicted

Least surprising news I've heard in a long time. Maybe he gets to "clear" his name. . .
    Last edited by RenoZag; 11-17-2007 at 06:19 AM.

Wait... Barry Bonds took steroids????
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

what new info came available in the past few weeks that allowed them to finally indict him? Isn't all of the info in the case several years old?

this process wasn't delayed so that he could break HA's HR record and make tons of $ for MLB in the process..was it?
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Lying to the feds is a really stupid thing to do.

Dick Cheney's Chief of Staff lied, yet he had nothing to do with committing any other crime, plus it took quite awhile for an indictment.

The wheels of justice can spin slow.

Barry Bonds obviously took steroids, and he probably took a very sophisticated and massive dose of them (steroids/other enhancers). His body size, his head size, and his power surge in what should have been his waning years are all the evidence needed to reach a common sense conclusion.

He's also a completely unlikeable guy. Baseball has long had too many guys like him.

"If the syringe don't fit you must acquit."

-- J. Cochrane

Quote Originally Posted by lothar98zag View Post
    what new info came available in the past few weeks that allowed them to finally indict him? Isn't all of the info in the case several years old?

this process wasn't delayed so that he could break HA's HR record and make tons of $ for MLB in the process..was it?
    As Zagco indicates, federal attys do not bring charges until they have a lock. Something like a 95% conviction rate. They do their homework and take their time to do it.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

It's all about Karma. I have had the displeasure of meeting Barry on a couple occasions and he is every bit as nasty and miserable a person as portrayed by the media. If anything, they understate it.

interesting zagpower. ive heard good things about bonds from people i know in the bay. and its not about steroids, its about the dislike for barry. the attack on one man for a drug thats touched on 2/3 of baseball players continues. ill jump on the assault once the rocket, arod, pujols, sheff, palmeiro, and all the guys you dont know take it get blasted with barry.

Quote Originally Posted by zagco View Post
    Lying to the feds is a really stupid thing to do.

Dick Cheney's Chief of Staff lied, yet he had nothing to do with committing any other crime, plus it took quite awhile for an indictment.

The wheels of justice can spin slow.

Barry Bonds obviously took steroids, and he probably took a very sophisticated and massive dose of them (steroids/other enhancers). His body size, his head size, and his power surge in what should have been his waning years are all the evidence needed to reach a common sense conclusion.

He's also a completely unlikeable guy. Baseball has long had too many guys like him.
    Nothing wrong with being disliked... Heck Ty Cobb was one of the biggest SOBs to ever walk on the planet. Cheating is a different story. Was watching the news with my 11 yr old daughter I had to explain the whole Barry Bonds thing and what steroids were.

I explained to her that he is the only person in the history of baseball whose HR totals went UP after he turned 38... which was about the time he was alleged to have started taking steroids. SHE was able to put 2 and 2 together pretty quick.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

next you will have to explain the same to her about roger and his pitching getting better at 55 years old then he waws at 25. hopefully. not that i have a dislike of the rocket more than anyone else, but bonds and steroids is old news and played out. get in on everyone and it would be much more interesting!

Default Coming to HBO. . .

LINK

SAN FRANCISCO -- HBO Films is planning to turn a best selling book about Barry Bonds' alleged steroid use and the federal government's wide-ranging probe into performance enhancing drug use in sports into a movie, one of the book's authors said Thursday.

Lance Williams, a reporter at the San Francisco Chronicle, said that Ron Shelton has been tapped to direct the flick and will co-write the script with "Tin Cup" partner John Norville once the Hollywood writers strike is settled.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Clemens may have juiced, but let's not go too far. The Rocket was an unreal pitcher as a young man. UNREAL. He brought phenomenal heat and was just relentless, in a way that really has only been seen from the likes of Nolan Ryan, although the Rocket played on better teams. Plus, Nolan kept playing well into older years and did very well. Rocket long ago lost that heat, although he can still bring it. Nothing like he was, though.