Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Tennessee Cancelled

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,960

    Default Tennessee Cancelled

    With this matchup cancelled, wonder if there’s any chance of a replacement or if they just don’t play that day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Snorkeling the Washougal River
    Posts
    2,821

    Smile Somebody must be available.

    Eastern's close by, WSU's close by, Idaho, Montana, Montana State. Maybe even a late "exhibition game," if allowed, against a regional D2 team. Hate to see a lost chance for more game experience even if it's not Tennessee caliber.




    :]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    939

    Default

    They have a week to schedule another opponent, so I think it can be done.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,434

    Default

    The bigger problem maybe lining up a broadcaster at this late date.
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,583

    Default

    Let's get Notre Dame (who also had their game against Tenn cancelled) on the phone and make something happen.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Let's get Notre Dame (who also had their game against Tenn cancelled) on the phone and make something happen.
    Yes.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    Agreed....that would be a solid replacement


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Eastern's close by, WSU's close by, Idaho, Montana, Montana State. Maybe even a late "exhibition game," if allowed, against a regional D2 team. Hate to see a lost chance for more game experience even if it's not Tennessee caliber.




    :]
    Montana always plays us tough - always.

    I would love them, and it's 3 hours down the street.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    They have a week to schedule another opponent, so I think it can be done.
    It's going to be like this all year.

    Just pray we're healthy in March
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,972

    Default

    Call Calipari. . .play Kentucky


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    The bigger problem maybe lining up a broadcaster at this late date.
    ?

    Gonzaga vs Tennessee game was 1 of 2 games comprising 2020 Jimmy V Classic. ESPN has announcers already lined up; it’s essentially the network’s most important college hoops programming...if not in matchups/significance any given season certainly in terms of sentimentality. I’m expecting a marquee team will step in to replace the Vols.

    https://espnevents.com/jimmy-v-classic/matchup/
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    ?
    I’m expecting a marquee team will step in to replace the Vols.

    https://espnevents.com/jimmy-v-classic/matchup/
    Me, too. ESPN (and Gonzaga) are working hard to find a replacement. Something tells me Zag fans will be happy with whatever matchup happens.

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    16,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Me, too. ESPN (and Gonzaga) are working hard to find a replacement. Something tells me Zag fans will be happy with whatever matchup happens.
    Well, if Baylor is still on pause, Illinois will be available.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,972

    Default

    Zags will face West Virginia

    Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    Sources: West Virginia is expected to replace Tennessee and face Gonzaga in next week's Jimmy V Classic in Indianapolis.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,583

    Default

    Great replacement!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    16,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Zags will face West Virginia

    Jon Rothstein
    @JonRothstein
    Sources: West Virginia is expected to replace Tennessee and face Gonzaga in next week's Jimmy V Classic in Indianapolis.
    Yup

    http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...42#post1528842


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,960

    Default

    I like when we play West Virginia. It’s always a physical battle and gives us a look versus a truly different style of play.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I like when we play West Virginia. It’s always a physical battle and gives us a look versus a truly different style of play.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. They start two big boy bigs too, which will force Zags to address what I see as team’s potential weakness: lack of veteran size and toughness down low...rebounding and rim protection. Great test for Timme, Watson, Ballo et al
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Gonzaga vs Tennessee game was 1 of 2 games comprising 2020 Jimmy V Classic. ESPN has announcers already lined up; it’s essentially the network’s most important college hoops programming...if not in matchups/significance any given season certainly in terms of sentimentality. I’m expecting a marquee team will step in to replace the Vols.
    So I'm hearing we get to play West Virginia now? Same bat time, same bat channel? I like when the Zags are on ESPN, that way I don't have to stream a game (on ROOT).

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    2,818

    Default

    I love West Virginia hoops fans. They're funny and passionate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •