Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38

Thread: Opening Day Lineup Guesses (Nembhard Now in Mix)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    The best five is Suggs, Nembhard, Kispert, Watty, Tims. Cook first off the bench.
    Ayayi likely starts over Nembhard. Cook is going to earn a lot of minutes based on his Kraziness debut.

    The guy I want to see play a lot is Ballo. We need his presence in the paint! Playing smart and limiting fouls will be interesting to watch.
    Go Zags!!!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    There is no doubt Few will start his veterans. They earned their minutes and have done nothing to lose them. So I'm starting with Ayayi, Kispert and Timme. If Watson is 100%, he's a game-changer, so I want him in my starting 5. I haven't seen Suggs play but it sounds like he is all he's advertised to be, so that'll round out my top 5.

    I think we're going to see lots of 4 guard lineups this year, so I'm going to go against the grain and say that Harris, Strawther and/or Arlauskas are going to get some meaningful minutes. Play 'em all and run teams into the ground. Remember how effective the full-court press was last year when Watson was healthy? This year, they can play Watson with 4 6'5" or taller guards. Lots of length too. Doesn't Ayayi have an insane wingspan?

  3. #28

    Default

    1. Nembhard
    2. Suggs
    3. Ayayi
    4. Kispert
    5. Timme

    6. Watson
    7. Cook
    8. Ballo
    9. Arlauskus/Harris/Strawther/Zakharov (depending on matchup and foul trouble)

    I can't imagine Nembhard transferred to be a bench player and that Ayayi and Kispert came back to not be starters. I also can't imagine Suggs not being in the starting lineup. That leaves one big and that is obviously Timme. Either way Watson should get starter minutes off of the bench and I would expect him to be part of a pressing lineup with him out front and Ballo cleaning everything up in the back! Arlauskus, Harris, Strawther and Zakharov are going to be fighting over about 10 minutes of playing time.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,780

    Default

    My apologies if this is a thread hijack, but with the Nembhard development and how Cook seems to be playing, I would not be surprised if we see one if not both Harris and Strawther redshirting. Both very, very good recruits who are potential freshmen starters on a lot of D1 teams, but there is just too much experience in front of them, plus the talent of Suggs...

    Harris is behind Suggs, Nembhard and Cook for playing time in my opinion.

    Strawther is behind Ayayi, Kispert and Watson(certain lineups).

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Doesn't Ayayi have an insane wingspan?
    Ayayi's wingspan is inSeine!
    It's not funny.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    If the game is close, who finishes is far more important than who starts. Since Zags play again tomorrow (albeit against lesser competition), expect frequent rotation. Kansas even more important given questions about Baylor.

    Go Zags! Start right!

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    My apologies if this is a thread hijack, but with the Nembhard development and how Cook seems to be playing, I would not be surprised if we see one if not both Harris and Strawther redshirting. Both very, very good recruits who are potential freshmen starters on a lot of D1 teams, but there is just too much experience in front of them, plus the talent of Suggs...

    Harris is behind Suggs, Nembhard and Cook for playing time in my opinion.

    Strawther is behind Ayayi, Kispert and Watson(certain lineups).
    Straw is best bet. No way kid with Harris’ confidence will sit, IMO. Happy TG, Dogster.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,780

    Default

    Happy Thanksgiving Jazz, and also to the rest youse!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,780

    Default

    My guess as to the original question:


    Starter (Sub)

    Suggs (Nembhard)
    Ayayi (Cook)
    Kispert (Ayayi)
    Watson (Kispert)
    Timme (Watson,Ballo)

    Won’t be surprised if the following is our “finishing five”:

    Nembhard, Suggs, Ayayi, Kispert, and Timme or Watson depending on foul issues.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    My apologies if this is a thread hijack, but with the Nembhard development and how Cook seems to be playing, I would not be surprised if we see one if not both Harris and Strawther redshirting. Both very, very good recruits who are potential freshmen starters on a lot of D1 teams, but there is just too much experience in front of them, plus the talent of Suggs...

    Harris is behind Suggs, Nembhard and Cook for playing time in my opinion.

    Strawther is behind Ayayi, Kispert and Watson(certain lineups).
    No redshirting for them. This year doesn't even count towards eligibility because of COVID19.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spink View Post
    No redshirting for them. This year doesn't even count towards eligibility because of COVID19.
    How exactly does that work with new recruits coming in and scholarship limits?

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    How exactly does that work with new recruits coming in and scholarship limits?
    It won’t be an issue at the major schools as they will still have guys who leave early. Even though a guy can come back, doesn’t mean he will. I fully expect that Kispert, Ayayi, and Suggs play their final year here. On this roster, that rule likely only affects Cook as he may play an extra year. If those first three leave then we have four spots open with two filled so far. It isn’t gonna be an issue.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    My guess as to the original question:


    Starter (Sub)

    Suggs (Nembhard)
    Ayayi (Cook)
    Kispert (Ayayi)
    Watson (Kispert)
    Timme (Watson,Ballo)

    Won’t be surprised if the following is our “finishing five”:

    Nembhard, Suggs, Ayayi, Kispert, and Timme or Watson depending on foul issues.
    Carnac!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •