• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagsfanforlife
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by scrooner View Post
    That's my understanding. Getting this waiver should make it possible for us to have Nembhard for up to 3 seasons on the court instead of 2, assuming he would even stay that long. The downside is that he could have an outstanding year and leave with Cook/Suggs/Ayayi at the end of the season, and who would play point in 2021-22??
    something tells me if we win the championship and all those guys leave, there would be a line of talented pgs waiting to start at pg for the defending champs

Comment

• zagbeliever
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • Jan 2013

He was so good at Kraziness. This really adds to the depth of the team. SO excited!

Comment

• zag buddy
        Banned
        • Dec 2007

I thought he was the X factor at krazyness. This just made our defense outstanding. Is he also our best shooting guard?

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

The last 2 PG lineup turned out pretty good, I’d say. This is pretty cool news. Few already talked about more small ball. This seems to solidify that. This team will be so hard to scout and prepare for.

Comment

• Kong-Kool-Aid
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2009

They must have known there was a good chance for this waiver to be approved if they had him travel with the team.

Comment

• Section 116
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Loved what I saw of Andrew at Kraziness. And I watched quite a few Florida games the past two seasons thinking of Andrew as one who got away!

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post
                Loved what I saw of Andrew at Kraziness. And I watched quite a few Florida games the past two seasons thinking of Andrew as one who got away!
                +1

Comment

• 23dpg
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Wow, crazy good news!

Now we have a tourney!
                  Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• hockeyzag
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • Jul 2007

One thing I didn't immediately think of, if Andrew plays this year he probably won't be playing again next year. If that's the case we could realistically lose our top 4 guards in one year. Suggs, Nembhard, and Ayayi all head to the draft or overseas to get paid, and Cook (senior) graduates and does the same.

I know that they have a choice to come back next year, but why would any of them make that decision?

Would make our recruiting for a PG next year all that more important. We'll need somebody to play alongside Harris, and probably another to back them up.

I wouldn't change it though, I'd good with a possible rebuilding year next season for a chance at a Natty this season.

But man next year is looking mighty thin at the guard spot.
                    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
                    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by hockeyzag View Post
                      One thing I didn't immediately think of, if Andrew plays this year he probably won't be playing again next year. If that's the case we could realistically lose our top 4 guards in one year. Suggs, Nembhard, and Ayayi all head to the draft or overseas to get paid, and Cook (senior) graduates and does the same.

I know that they have a choice to come back next year, but why would any of them make that decision?

Would make our recruiting for a PG next year all that more important. We'll need somebody to play alongside Harris, and probably another to back them up.

I wouldn't change it though, I'd good with a possible rebuilding year next season for a chance at a Natty this season.

But man next year is looking mighty thin at the guard spot.
                      I get the sentiment, but I think you are overthinking it.

While there have been Zags going to the pros more often than usual in the past years, the only teams that have had 3-4 guards/wings go pro in the past few years that i can recall in a season are Kentucky, Villanova and Virginia. Kentucky had multiple AA, top 5 recruits that were lottery picks before they stepped on campus. They were as good as gone before the season even started. Nova and Virginia both lost multiple guards after WINNING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS in 2019 and 2018.

The only way Nembhard, Ayayi, Suggs and Kispert all leave would be if we win a national championship and their stocks go soaring. Right now Kispert is gone (SR) and Suggs (lottery pick). Ayayi is a fringe second rounder and AN is not even on draft boards. If them all declaring means we have won our first championship, give me that deal 10/10 times. Otherwise I do not see your scenario happening at all. Having guards who dont even start make the leap to the pros is very uncommon.

Harris will be back next year for sure. We are still in the hunt for Sallis as well. A grad transfer guard is a likelihood always these years. And if we are defending champs-- I think we are missing the point that everyone will want to be a starter or have starter minutes on the defending champions roster.

Comment

• Jedster
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
                        I get the sentiment, but I think you are overthinking it.

While there have been Zags going to the pros more often than usual in the past years, the only teams that have had 3-4 guards/wings go pro in the past few years that i can recall in a season are Kentucky, Villanova and Virginia. Kentucky had multiple AA, top 5 recruits that were lottery picks before they stepped on campus. They were as good as gone before the season even started. Nova and Virginia both lost multiple guards after WINNING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS in 2019 and 2018.

The only way Nembhard, Ayayi, Suggs and Kispert all leave would be if we win a national championship and their stocks go soaring. Right now Kispert is gone (SR) and Suggs (lottery pick). Ayayi is a fringe second rounder and AN is not even on draft boards. If them all declaring means we have won our first championship, give me that deal 10/10 times. Otherwise I do not see your scenario happening at all. Having guards who dont even start make the leap to the pros is very uncommon.

Harris will be back next year for sure. We are still in the hunt for Sallis as well. A grad transfer guard is a likelihood always these years. And if we are defending champs-- I think we are missing the point that everyone will want to be a starter or have starter minutes on the defending champions roster.
                        True, to a point. With the lure of earning lots of money overseas that is a draw as well. Especially for older players. That clock starts ticking.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Jedster View Post
                          True, to a point. With the lure of earning lots of money overseas that is a draw as well. Especially for older players. That clock starts ticking.
                          Petrusevs and norvells are the outliers not the norms

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
                            Zag for Life
                            • Apr 2007

Zags has reached another level with Nembhard playing this year, can we dare to say....Undefeated Season, if there is a full season?

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                              Zag for Life
                              • May 2008

I don’t think undefeated is something that is likely, just with the initial run of the season. However, undefeated in league should be very doable, which isn’t easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• West Side Lady
                                Kennel Club Material
                                • Apr 2017

Ayayi
                                Kispert
                                Timme
                                Suggs
                                Nembhard
                                Watson
                                Harris
                                Ballo.
                                ...on and on...

All players I expect to succeed and entertain. And WIN, That's why I'm watching, I expect they'll deliver on their talent and ambition

Comment

Working...
                                X