Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nembhard is cleared to play this year

Default Nembhard is cleared to play this year

Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    7m
    Big Gonzaga roster news: Guard Andrew Nembhard, a transfer from Florida, had his waiver approved. He is eligible to play, beginning with Thursday's game against Kansas. Nembhard was two-year starter at Florida. Joins a deep, talented Zag backcourt.

I did not even know this was on the table. Wow, I hope there is a season!

NICE!

GO ZAGS!

Smile Wowzers...and a half! Whatta development!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    7m
    Big Gonzaga roster news: Guard Andrew Nembhard, a transfer from Florida, had his waiver approved. He is eligible to play, beginning with Thursday's game against Kansas. Nembhard was two-year starter at Florida. Joins a deep, talented Zag backcourt.
    That is incredible stuff. Zags having two McDonalds All-American PGs ready for action. (Plus, Ayayi's great. Plus, I really like Aaron Cook a lot.). I'm assuming Nembhard made the trip to Florida (perhaps in expectation of this?).

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Wow! Fantastic!

Wowzers! What a development!
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

All in on 2021

Let's see how Few spreads those minutes out now. I'll say it again - WOW.

Wow i didnt even know this was a possibility.

Anyone have any idea what their starting lineup will be now?

If possible I'd save him for next year. Good news though..

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Abe they wouldn’t go for the waiver if they were going to save him.

The line-up potentials are unlimited. There is enough speed to run most teams out of the gym.
    "Neck-ties are just maxi pads for your throat." - Ted Williams

So many possibilities with this deep backcourt! This team is sooooo talented!
    GO ZAGS!!!

Zags have passed the point where they need to save players. Recruits keep getting bigger and better. Every year is all in now.

Going to be a lot of competition for backcourt minutes this season. Based on what I saw from him at KITK, he is going to elevate our defense which is one of the few areas I had concerns about for this roster.

I hope that his eligibility isn’t wasted if this season goes down the drain due to CV-19.

ZZ

Gonzaga transfer Andrew Nembhard approved to play this season

https://www.krem.com/article/sports/...=snd-autopilot

Does Nembhard take Watson's starting spot and play Kispert at the 4 and go small ball to start? Maybe go 3 guards - Ayayi sort of on the wing? How does this play out? Watson/Timme was the best combo from last year. Unfortunately can't start 6. Plus Cook is great. The rotations are endless. Who starts?

I'm about to wet myself, I am so excited. I really liked what I saw of him on Nov 12th. This just makes our team that much deeper. GO ZAGS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    7m
    Holy crap, that is huge news! We really will be playing a lot of three guard rotations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Nembhard is cleared to play this year

He has two years eligibility anyway. No reason to save him. I think these guys may get an extra year anyway with the Covid rules...could be wrong

Didn’t even know he applied for a waiver. Wonder if coaching staff had reason to believe it would be granted all along and have been planning & practicing accordingly. If not, do they really make lineup and rotation changes 48hrs before taking the court vs Kansas?

Timing is so weird. Will NCAA be granting waivers once season is underway too? I wonder how many D1 players are still waiting on a decision.

Happy for Nembhard as he obviously decided he didn’t want to RS but what’s was basis for arguing his waiver should be granted? Florida has same head coach; he’s not moving to Spokane to be close to family for some urgent reason that Ive heard of. Not criticizing him or Zags but if NCAA is granting waivers so seemingly freely they ought to just get rid of the transfer rules altogether.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Didn’t even know he applied for a waiver. Wonder if coaching staff had reason to believe it would be granted all along and have been planning & practicing accordingly. If not, do they really make lineup and rotation changes 48hrs before taking the court vs Kansas?

Timing is so weird. Will NCAA be granting waivers once season is underway too? I wonder how many D1 players are still waiting on a decision.
    I wouldn’t imagine rotations are really set at this point anyway. I do think they stick with the expected starting five initially at least

Agree. Seems short sighted unless the player really wanted it. The caprices of this season are such that stockpiling AN for two years beyond this one makes more sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Agree. Seems short sighted unless the player really wanted it. The caprices of this season are such that stockpiling AN for two years beyond this one makes more sense to me.
    This season doesn’t count for eligibility so he’d still have the option to play two more years if he chose. I just verified this was extended to winter sports for 2020-21 season. No redshirts or sit outs needed.

doesnt matter whether anyone thinks its the right or wrong decision.. it is HAPPENING!

Time to hop on board and enjoy the most loaded roster in GU history.