Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fanbo Zeng Commits to Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Scholarships always work out.

With that said, there is no way Suggs is going to forego the lottery projections to play with Holmgren if he came here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably not, but how many PPG/assists and rebounds did he get this upcoming year?

Never and no way are based on projections not facts.

I DO tend to agree. If he has the type of season we are all expecting, he will probably be gone. If he has a tilliesque season, he could be back. (Not wishing or even trying to imply an injury, just being a little realistic. NONE of us know the future).
    It's not funny.

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    for those who haven't seen him in action...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSIWaScJpIs

probably the best mixtape out there on him...
    I've learned to dampen my enthusiasm based upon viewing a highlight reel, but dayum! His game is quite advanced for his age and level of competition.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Could Fanbo Zeng have the Yao Ming effect on the Gonzaga brand? Could we have games broadcast in China? Or play an opening season game in China like UCLA and Georgia Tech did a few years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagZombie View Post
    Could Fanbo Zeng have the Yao Ming effect on the Gonzaga brand? Could we have games broadcast in China? Or play an opening season game in China like UCLA and Georgia Tech did a few years ago?
    I would guess something close to the Rui experience. We interest in GU games in China and maybe additional media as his role increases. If he gets chatter as POY or as a first round pick, I’d expect a large following of Chinese media - just like Rui w/ Japanese press

...and he's used to wearing Zags colors!

ZZ

Smile Welcome, Welcome!

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

An offer from Northwestern is impressive. I'm guessing his GPA is up there. Awsome verbal commitment. I'm really impressed with all aspects of his game judging from his tapes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OCzag View Post
    I would guess something close to the Rui experience. We interest in GU games in China and maybe additional media as his role increases. If he gets chatter as POY or as a first round pick, I’d expect a large following of Chinese media - just like Rui w/ Japanese press
    unlike japan, where baseball rules supreme, basketball is already huge in china and they are hungry for another player to rise up and cheer for...fanbo zeng won't have quite the novelty factor like rui with japan, but the simple market size of china could mean some significant media exposure for the zags if he does well. another thing to consider is that while rui is/was basically a unicorn for japan, china will produce a lot more fanbo zeng's down the line so there is opportunity for a potential future pipeline...

He sounds like a great kid - the espn article has some great quotes. Looking forward to having you Fanbo!