Thread: Eye on College Basketball Podcast - Gonzaga

Default Eye on College Basketball Podcast - Gonzaga

Good stuff! Gary Parrish and Matt Norlander discuss the Zags.

https://traffic.megaphone.fm/CBS8162959942.mp3

Thanks Native!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

some slight concerns regarding suggs in the podcast...at least to start the season. probably not fair to expect him to hit the ground running, but zags probably need him to eventually reach all-wcc 1st team level to make a final four run.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    some slight concerns regarding suggs in the podcast...at least to start the season. probably not fair to expect him to hit the ground running, but zags probably need him to eventually reach all-wcc 1st team level to make a final four run.

ZN, Again THANKS for this podcast!!!

I can agree with you BUT fair or not, he will have to be up and ready in our first game vs KU. That game will show his strengths and weaknesses and give us a very good view of the entire season - barring any injuries...IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    ZN, Again THANKS for this podcast!!!

I can agree with you BUT fair or not, he will have to be up and ready in our first game vs KU. That game will show his strengths and weaknesses and give us a very good view of the entire season - barring any injuries...IMO
    I'd be more concerned about Suggs being ready to run the point if he was going to have the ball in his hands the whole game, but I expect Cook and Ayayi to be running the offense just as much. Cook a grad transfer and Ayayi a 4th year junior have the experience to let Suggs play off the ball and ease into the PG role.

Thumbs up

More ink on the Gonzaga program can be had for The Athletic subscribers this morning:

https://theathletic.com/2217372/2020...conn-michigan/

Article's premise: Name 5 teams for the next 5 years, who will be solid year in, year out contenders for championships:

Brief Excerpt:

But going deeper, Gonzaga has established a comprehensive, worldwide plan to be ready for anything. It’d be one thing if the program relied on one-and-dones. Or developing raw talent over time. Or international players. But it doesn’t rely on any of those as much as it relies on all of them, and it has proven all of those player types can thrive in Spokane. If one path to high-end talent closes, Gonzaga can turn to several others.

Just look at the 2020-21 roster: key cogs who have hung around and grown (Corey Kispert, Joel Ayayi), standouts who waited their turn (Drew Timme), an impact one-and-done (Jalen Suggs), a former five-star recruit sitting out as a transfer (Andrew Nembhard), and, all told, five international players.