Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: TV Broadcast Schedule

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,815

    Angry TV Broadcast Schedule

    So this is this years thread where we can beat our heads against the wall next to our TVs.

    The GoZags site has put out a good part of the broadcast schedule now. https://gozags.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

    On the plus side, it appears that all the conference road games will be carried on the ESPN family.

    The abysmal negative side is that I am assuming that the home conference games will continue to be carried on the obscure, primitive Root Sports NW which is increasingly being carried by no one but AT&T.

    I have not seen nor heard of any plan to at least carry the games on the Stadium platform. So my philosophical question is, if no one actually observes these games, do they actually happen?

    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    113

    Default

    I live in Ireland, have no cable but it’s not like that would help watching my Zags. I have not missed Gonzaga game in years. It is usually combination of things, espn player subscription, watchstadium/wcc website, some less than genuine streaming sites (IT knowledge and some luck helps). There is no way I am missing a game this season considering the hype we have. I have vpn and will purchase some American channels streaming options if everything fails. I usually have to wake up at 1/2 am to watch the game (then work the next day), so I am super happy with the non-conference games and their times. Good luck to everybody who struggles to watch the games. I can totally relate. Go Zags!
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,718

    Default

    Weren’t all the non ESPN games on WCC TV last year which could also be streamed via Stadium?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Hopefully that will be the case but so far not a peep
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    So this is this years thread where we can beat our heads against the wall next to our TVs.

    The GoZags site has put out a good part of the broadcast schedule now. https://gozags.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

    On the plus side, it appears that all the conference road games will be carried on the ESPN family.

    The abysmal negative side is that I am assuming that the home conference games will continue to be carried on the obscure, primitive Root Sports NW which is increasingly being carried by no one but AT&T.

    I have not seen nor heard of any plan to at least carry the games on the Stadium platform. So my philosophical question is, if no one actually observes these games, do they actually happen?

    Take it up with AD Roth. You’ll get a cheerful, quick response and absolutely no action. Now all the defenders of the faith are gonna say, not his call, GU sold its soul to IMG years ago, no platform is cost effective, yadda yadda. Sad stuff.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,815

    Default TV Broadcast Schedule

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Weren’t all the non ESPN games on WCC TV last year which could also be streamed via Stadium?
    Not all. I rarely could find a GU game despite them being prominently advertised. When I clicked the link I usually got some lesser WCC match up in an empty gym.

    Makes me realize that Covid restrictions won’t be a big change for some WCC games.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    I live in Ireland, have no cable but it’s not like that would help watching my Zags. I have not missed Gonzaga game in years. It is usually combination of things, espn player subscription, watchstadium/wcc website, some less than genuine streaming sites (IT knowledge and some luck helps). There is no way I am missing a game this season considering the hype we have. I have vpn and will purchase some American channels streaming options if everything fails. I usually have to wake up at 1/2 am to watch the game (then work the next day), so I am super happy with the non-conference games and their times. Good luck to everybody who struggles to watch the games. I can totally relate. Go Zags!
    I’m not as confident with the ‘less than genuine steaming sites.’ Too much risk for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    156

    Default

    I still get Root on Dish


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    7,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    So this is this years thread where we can beat our heads against the wall next to our TVs.

    The GoZags site has put out a good part of the broadcast schedule now. https://gozags.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

    On the plus side, it appears that all the conference road games will be carried on the ESPN family.

    The abysmal negative side is that I am assuming that the home conference games will continue to be carried on the obscure, primitive Root Sports NW which is increasingly being carried by no one but AT&T.

    I have not seen nor heard of any plan to at least carry the games on the Stadium platform. So my philosophical question is, if no one actually observes these games, do they actually happen?

    At least we’ll all get a chance to catch up on poorly streamed Judge Judy reruns on three-minute continuous loops...


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bainbridge Island
    Posts
    1,150

    Default

    Don't get me started on this topic.

    There is no reason that Gonzaga can't flex its muscles and make something happen here to address this problem.

    Having any Gonzaga game--even the obligatory games we play every year against the Alcon States of the world--be relegated to broadcast on Root only, with no distribution channel that offers a streaming option outside of dinosaur legacy cable/Dish, is simply unacceptable and promotional and public relations malpractice.

    It would be really nice if the athletic department pulled its head from the sand and actually addressed this problem. It's embarrassing.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Still no tip times for the WCC games. Going out on a limb here, but we have to assume that CBSSN will get two WCC games, and ROOT has the rest. And ROOT will have the cupcake games.

    The abysmal negative side is that I am assuming that the home conference games will continue to be carried on the obscure, primitive Root Sports NW which is increasingly being carried by no one but AT&T.
    I'm out of market, but I never have issues getting a ROOT game. It's when the Zags are on Facebook Watch that I run into issues.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,282

    Default

    FOX ad just now said Kansas game is 1PM Eastern start time. I think tip off is 1:30EST pre game is 1/2 hour prior

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,424

    Default

    I am near Spokane, so have no trouble, and I am also a Dish or Direct TV subscriber.
    When I was on vacation in Mobile, Alabama, I was able to watch on my cell phone. Not as good as a TV, but I watched the game. A more tech savvy person could probably send that signal to a big screen.
    It's not funny.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    650

    Default

    We cut Comcast about 2 years ago and went with DirectTv Now, which was their streaming service (It's now AT&T Now). Sucked because they didn't carry Root so last year it was a struggle to watch any of the out of market games. My wife was annoyed because we also couldn't get any of the M's games through them (I had to get a VPN and us my MLB subscription to stream that way.

    Imagine my surprise a few months ago when Root all of a sudden popped up on my channel guide! Was perfect to watch the M's and now I'm excited that I should be able to catch all the Zags games this year except any CBSSN games since we don't get that. Of course just a quickly as they giveth, they can take away, so crossing my fingers!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I am near Spokane, so have no trouble, and I am also a Dish or Direct TV subscriber.
    When I was on vacation in Mobile, Alabama, I was able to watch on my cell phone. Not as good as a TV, but I watched the game. A more tech savvy person could probably send that signal to a big screen.
    Which is what I do with a ROOT game, since I'm out of market for Spokane. I can either Chromecast or just port the signal from my Samsung Chromebook to my ROKU television with an HDMI cable, and voila!, I get ROOT!. For free! Screw Direct-TV; it's dinosaur technology. Digital cable and streaming is the future of TV.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bainbridge Island
    Posts
    1,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Which is what I do with a ROOT game, since I'm out of market for Spokane. I can either Chromecast or just port the signal from my Samsung Chromebook to my ROKU television with an HDMI cable, and voila!, I get ROOT!. For free! Screw Direct-TV; it's dinosaur technology. Digital cable and streaming is the future of TV.
    Please elaborate. How do you stream Root? What site?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Bainbridge Island
    Posts
    1,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    Please elaborate. How do you stream Root? What site?
    Please answer. If there is a way to stream Root out of market please share. I'm unaware of any way to do this working a legacy cable/sat subscription (Comcast, dish AT&T etc).

    Please tell us how you did this.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    Please answer. If there is a way to stream Root out of market please share. I'm unaware of any way to do this working a legacy cable/sat subscription (Comcast, dish AT&T etc).
    Please tell us how you did this.
    I sent you a private message showing how I do this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •