Thread: TV Broadcast Schedule

Angry TV Broadcast Schedule

So this is this years thread where we can beat our heads against the wall next to our TVs.

The GoZags site has put out a good part of the broadcast schedule now. https://gozags.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

On the plus side, it appears that all the conference road games will be carried on the ESPN family.

The abysmal negative side is that I am assuming that the home conference games will continue to be carried on the obscure, primitive Root Sports NW which is increasingly being carried by no one but AT&T.

I have not seen nor heard of any plan to at least carry the games on the Stadium platform. So my philosophical question is, if no one actually observes these games, do they actually happen?

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I live in Ireland, have no cable but it’s not like that would help watching my Zags. I have not missed Gonzaga game in years. It is usually combination of things, espn player subscription, watchstadium/wcc website, some less than genuine streaming sites (IT knowledge and some luck helps). There is no way I am missing a game this season considering the hype we have. I have vpn and will purchase some American channels streaming options if everything fails. I usually have to wake up at 1/2 am to watch the game (then work the next day), so I am super happy with the non-conference games and their times. Good luck to everybody who struggles to watch the games. I can totally relate. Go Zags!
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Weren’t all the non ESPN games on WCC TV last year which could also be streamed via Stadium?

Hopefully that will be the case but so far not a peep
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    So this is this years thread where we can beat our heads against the wall next to our TVs.

The GoZags site has put out a good part of the broadcast schedule now. https://gozags.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

On the plus side, it appears that all the conference road games will be carried on the ESPN family.

The abysmal negative side is that I am assuming that the home conference games will continue to be carried on the obscure, primitive Root Sports NW which is increasingly being carried by no one but AT&T.

I have not seen nor heard of any plan to at least carry the games on the Stadium platform. So my philosophical question is, if no one actually observes these games, do they actually happen?

Take it up with AD Roth. You’ll get a cheerful, quick response and absolutely no action. Now all the defenders of the faith are gonna say, not his call, GU sold its soul to IMG years ago, no platform is cost effective, yadda yadda. Sad stuff.

Default TV Broadcast Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Weren’t all the non ESPN games on WCC TV last year which could also be streamed via Stadium?
    Not all. I rarely could find a GU game despite them being prominently advertised. When I clicked the link I usually got some lesser WCC match up in an empty gym.

Makes me realize that Covid restrictions won’t be a big change for some WCC games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    I live in Ireland, have no cable but it’s not like that would help watching my Zags. I have not missed Gonzaga game in years. It is usually combination of things, espn player subscription, watchstadium/wcc website, some less than genuine streaming sites (IT knowledge and some luck helps). There is no way I am missing a game this season considering the hype we have. I have vpn and will purchase some American channels streaming options if everything fails. I usually have to wake up at 1/2 am to watch the game (then work the next day), so I am super happy with the non-conference games and their times. Good luck to everybody who struggles to watch the games. I can totally relate. Go Zags!
    I’m not as confident with the ‘less than genuine steaming sites.’ Too much risk for me.

- Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I still get Root on Dish

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post

At least we’ll all get a chance to catch up on poorly streamed Judge Judy reruns on three-minute continuous loops...

Don't get me started on this topic.

There is no reason that Gonzaga can't flex its muscles and make something happen here to address this problem.

Having any Gonzaga game--even the obligatory games we play every year against the Alcon States of the world--be relegated to broadcast on Root only, with no distribution channel that offers a streaming option outside of dinosaur legacy cable/Dish, is simply unacceptable and promotional and public relations malpractice.

It would be really nice if the athletic department pulled its head from the sand and actually addressed this problem. It's embarrassing.

Still no tip times for the WCC games. Going out on a limb here, but we have to assume that CBSSN will get two WCC games, and ROOT has the rest. And ROOT will have the cupcake games.

I'm out of market, but I never have issues getting a ROOT game. It's when the Zags are on Facebook Watch that I run into issues.

FOX ad just now said Kansas game is 1PM Eastern start time. I think tip off is 1:30EST pre game is 1/2 hour prior

I am near Spokane, so have no trouble, and I am also a Dish or Direct TV subscriber.
    When I was on vacation in Mobile, Alabama, I was able to watch on my cell phone. Not as good as a TV, but I watched the game. A more tech savvy person could probably send that signal to a big screen.
    It's not funny.

We cut Comcast about 2 years ago and went with DirectTv Now, which was their streaming service (It's now AT&T Now). Sucked because they didn't carry Root so last year it was a struggle to watch any of the out of market games. My wife was annoyed because we also couldn't get any of the M's games through them (I had to get a VPN and us my MLB subscription to stream that way.

Imagine my surprise a few months ago when Root all of a sudden popped up on my channel guide! Was perfect to watch the M's and now I'm excited that I should be able to catch all the Zags games this year except any CBSSN games since we don't get that. Of course just a quickly as they giveth, they can take away, so crossing my fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I am near Spokane, so have no trouble, and I am also a Dish or Direct TV subscriber.
    When I was on vacation in Mobile, Alabama, I was able to watch on my cell phone. Not as good as a TV, but I watched the game. A more tech savvy person could probably send that signal to a big screen.
    Which is what I do with a ROOT game, since I'm out of market for Spokane. I can either Chromecast or just port the signal from my Samsung Chromebook to my ROKU television with an HDMI cable, and voila!, I get ROOT!. For free! Screw Direct-TV; it's dinosaur technology. Digital cable and streaming is the future of TV.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    Which is what I do with a ROOT game, since I'm out of market for Spokane. I can either Chromecast or just port the signal from my Samsung Chromebook to my ROKU television with an HDMI cable, and voila!, I get ROOT!. For free! Screw Direct-TV; it's dinosaur technology. Digital cable and streaming is the future of TV.
    Please elaborate. How do you stream Root? What site?

Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    Please elaborate. How do you stream Root? What site?
    Please answer. If there is a way to stream Root out of market please share. I'm unaware of any way to do this working a legacy cable/sat subscription (Comcast, dish AT&T etc).

Please tell us how you did this.

Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    Please answer. If there is a way to stream Root out of market please share. I'm unaware of any way to do this working a legacy cable/sat subscription (Comcast, dish AT&T etc).
    Please tell us how you did this.
    I sent you a private message showing how I do this.