Thread: Perry & Gregg Future at GU

Default Perry & Gregg Future at GU

This should probably be in the Whelping Box, but wanted all to see. Mods, feel free to move if that is best.

Gonzaga commits Perry, Gregg hope to 'be one of those big-time duos' for the Zags

https://www.krem.com/article/sports/...bwkgZINU5yutVg

Great attitude by both and they are good friends to boot.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

A pair of great kids. Our staff seems to always find the best guys........past 5 years has been flawless in their choices...

- what i like, and i could be wrong, but i think both are going to be 3 or even 4 year players..........so by the time they leave perry-gregg with be like pangos-bell, they go together.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    A pair of great kids. Our staff seems to always find the best guys........past 5 years has been flawless in their choices...
    Short memory. Brock Ravet.

Brock was and still is a champion. Facing demons makes you stronger. I'm not ruling out a return just yet. Brock is also a very good kid and a scoring machine.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Brock was and still is a champion. Facing demons makes you stronger. I'm not ruling out a return just yet. Brock is also a very good kid and a scoring machine.
    Thank you.
    Without knowing any details, we can't pass any judgement, in all honesty.

However...there are those that believe Arlauskas and Zacharov are busts, just because their time has not yet arrived.
    The future is seen through a dark glass. Pavel was more highly thought of than Petrusev. Martynas has rave reviews from his national team. They both could still end up being gems.
    It's not funny.

I will throw in my two cents on Martynas and Pavel. Both of them showed talent during the minutes that they got last year. They are playing on the number one or two team in the nation. They make our starters better in practice and during the few minutes that they get have looked solid. As this year and the following years go on then I think all of us will see even more talent.

Quote Originally Posted by zag67 View Post
    I will throw in my two cents on Martynas and Pavel. Both of them showed talent during the minutes that they got last year. They are playing on the number one or two team in the nation. They make our starters better in practice and during the few minutes that they get have looked solid. As this year and the following years go on then I think all of us will see even more talent.
    2 cents: we are experiencing what every elite team does. There are only so many minutes to go around, and although we like to think players don't get recruited over, in the end that's just not the case. All you can do is recruit the best players you can, assess where you are and be honest with the players. If they are still here they know the situation. It wasn't that long ago when we thought JA was a huge miss. GU coaching staff from top to bottom is absolutely first class (imho).