Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Amazing how far Gonzaga has come in 20 years

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,312

    Default Amazing how far Gonzaga has come in 20 years



    Even Bobzag would be shocked to see how far this program has come.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,319

    Default

    Who is he?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Who is he?
    Hunter Sallis

    https://news.google.com/articles/CBM...S&ceid=US%3Aen

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Who is he?
    Jazz ... sources/contacts come and sources/contacts go. Some may retire ... some may go to work at different schools. Some can pop up from out of nowhere and some can stay at GU for decades and decades. Here's what I said during the kid's visit ....

    http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...08#post1502308

    Will Hunter come? Don't know ... but I DO know what I'd said earlier (in the link) is 100 percent true. And I like the Jeremy Jones comment a couple of posts below my linked post (i.e. born to be a Zag). GoZags

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,149

    Default


    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    553

    Default

    Forgot that i had posted the Jeremy comment it was so long ago. I think it speaks to a level of maturity and confidence that this player reached out to the staff. I like that, may make him my favorite zag if he comes. Glad he saw the kennel club in action and his visit went well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18,319

    Default

    Somewhat encouraged that Koach’s thieving needle nose logo isn’t on the graphic.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Somewhat encouraged that Koach’s thieving needle nose logo isn’t on the graphic.
    but the calipari logo is...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,539

    Default

    I have been trying to guard hurt feelings (about a lot of things) due to the uncertainty of the times, and haven't kept as close an eye as I usually might. I do recall hearing the name before, but never looked him up or anything. He seems like such a high character five star that it's ... wow.

    But it's always nice to be a kid's first official visit. I think that says a lot, like "if nothing else, I need to see this particular school." Seems like if his priority is to be near home and have family see him play (always totally understandable) then Creighton or Kansas (lots of questions there) would make sense. If the priority is to make as much money as he can while in college, Kentucky might be a great fit. If the priority is to go with his heart and his head (both of which seem firmly in place) then we are awfully well placed.

    He is too mature to not wait and look at all options. If a kid from Omaha went to UCLA in January to look around ... I am not sure how I would turn that down at 18, but I wasn't as mature as a lot of these guys, especially this one. After all, Jazz is "del mar" bc that's usually a nice place to be. Brentwood is awfully close to "del mar" and is a nice neighborhood. Good school, too.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I have been trying to guard hurt feelings (about a lot of things) due to the uncertainty of the times, and haven't kept as close an eye as I usually might. I do recall hearing the name before, but never looked him up or anything. He seems like such a high character five star that it's ... wow.

    But it's always nice to be a kid's first official visit. I think that says a lot, like "if nothing else, I need to see this particular school." Seems like if his priority is to be near home and have family see him play (always totally understandable) then Creighton or Kansas (lots of questions there) would make sense. If the priority is to make as much money as he can while in college, Kentucky might be a great fit. If the priority is to go with his heart and his head (both of which seem firmly in place) then we are awfully well placed.

    He is too mature to not wait and look at all options. If a kid from Omaha went to UCLA in January to look around ... I am not sure how I would turn that down at 18, but I wasn't as mature as a lot of these guys, especially this one. After all, Jazz is "del mar" bc that's usually a nice place to be. Brentwood is awfully close to "del mar" and is a nice neighborhood. Good school, too.
    In that neighborhood, I would chose Malibu. Pepperdine is beautiful, somewhat isolated and can match climate with any other SoCal school.
    It's not funny.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    In that neighborhood, I would chose Malibu. Pepperdine is beautiful, somewhat isolated and can match climate with any other SoCal school.
    All true.

    But UCLA is a better academic school (no offense to Pepp) which might matter to a kid like this, and higher profile.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,472

    Default

    Maybe our team has come a long way.
    in this article picking top 64 college basketball players of all time, zags come up zero.
    i did not see John Stockton or Adam Morrison.

    oops forgot to attach link:
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...st-all-bracket
    Last edited by ZagsGoZags; 11-24-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •