Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis

Default Indianapolis

Could be hosting March Madness. Every game
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanzagger View Post
    Could be hosting March Madness. Every game
    Does Indianapolis have enough courts and enough accommodations?
    At least someone, somewhere, is laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Does Indianapolis have enough courts and enough accommodations?
    I would hope they can dig up 8 basketball courts in Indianapolis!
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Have they made any announcement on if the final 4 will be open to the public? My dad and I go every year and it would kill me if the zags won it a year that we werent allowed to attend. Anyone have any insight?

The NCAA put out this announcement: https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...content=link-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I get the reasoning behind it as they just don't want to risk losing another year of the tournament. I would imagine that they should be able to come up with a plan for plenty of courts. Figure they could probably have at least two courts in the main dome at one time, they can do that in the Spokane Arena. Plenty of time to figure that out. Hopefully the vaccines will be starting to take hold by the end of the first quarter next year...

No fans and single neutral site? Chalk city.

Oh, save for the fact that selecting and seeding the field will be extremely difficult. This will be the nuttiest tournament of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Brooklyn Regional is a surprise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Brooklyn Regional is a surprise to me.
    Why? Beautiful area and it was ground zero of bb in this country for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    It's ground zero for other reasons now.

I'm hearing now that it is official. The road to Indy starts in Indy. C'mon fans, do we really want our season to be derailed (again)? This is the best solution.

Due to health and safety concerns, the Division I Men's Basketball Committee has decided to relocate the 13 sites previously chosen to host preliminary rounds of the 2021 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship.

Despite the challenges the pandemic continues to present to our country, March Madness will take place in 2021. The environment in which we live is drastically different, which means the tournament will clearly have a different feel to it, but we will safely conduct this event despite the obstacles we are facing. It was determined that the most effective way of doing so is to stage the event in one city, using multiple venues. The NCAA is in preliminary discussions with the state of Indiana and the city of Indianapolis to conduct the entire championship in the metropolitan area. No decision has been made regarding fan attendance at any NCAA tournament game. However, the NCAA committee and staff will remain in communication with nation and local experts from within the medical field to decide the best course of action.

At this time, there are no changes to the field size of 68 or the dates March Madness is typically held. The original key dates include Selection Sunday®on March 14, the tournament start date on March 16 and the National Championship on April 5.

I feel for the fans around the country that won't be able to witness March Madness live in their respective regions. I had tickets in hand and was so looking forward to the Spokane men's regional and most likely even some women's games at the MAC. Those opportunities only come around every so often. Fortunately the NCAA seems to be sold on the Spokane Veterans Arena and the Spokane area.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    That was my thinking.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    That was my thinking.
    You mean for Covid? It’s way better than all of the Midwest and the west coast. But things do change.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I thought it was Madison Square Garden in Manhattan...Not Brooklyn...

In any case, here is a great link to A History of New York City Basketball...Anyone can stroll down memory lane with familiar names and faces...

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Good to see you posting Reno!!

Indianapolis has Market Square Arena. Bankers Life Arena and the RCA dome (Hoosier Dome). Since the fan load will be reduced, that city could handle the games. Easily. All great venues.

Why do some NFL teams allow a few fans at the games and others don't? I heard the Super Bowl will have 25% capacity for the game. ( If it ever happens )
    Last edited by ZagaZags; 11-17-2020 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerpZag View Post
    I thought it was Madison Square Garden in Manhattan...Not Brooklyn...

In any case, here is a great link to A History of New York City Basketball...Anyone can stroll down memory lane with familiar names and faces...
    This is phenomenal, TU so much Terp.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Indianapolis has Market Square Arena. Bankers Life Arena and the RCA dome (Hoosier Dome). Since the fan load will be reduced, that city could handle the games. Easily. All great venues.
    Market Square and the RCA Dome don't exist anymore. Bankers Life is where the Pacers play and Lucas Oil is the Colts stadium where the Final Four is planned. There's also the Indiana Farmers Coliseum where IUPUI plays and Hinkle Fieldhouse where Butler plays.

Plus Mackey Arena (Purdue) and Assembly Hall (Indiana) are within an hour. And heck some high schools there have bigger arenas than a lot of low major schools. Should be plenty of arenas, but still not a huge fan of the concept...

They were talking about this on the Eye On College Basketball podcast, and apparently a number of the high schools won't work because the courts aren't long enough, ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnZag3 View Post
    Market Square and the RCA Dome don't exist anymore. Bankers Life is where the Pacers play and Lucas Oil is the Colts stadium where the Final Four is planned. There's also the Indiana Farmers Coliseum where IUPUI plays and Hinkle Fieldhouse where Butler plays.

Plus Mackey Arena (Purdue) and Assembly Hall (Indiana) are within an hour. And heck some high schools there have bigger arenas than a lot of low major schools. Should be plenty of arenas, but still not a huge fan of the concept...
    Arena size probably won't matter much if crowds are restricted.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    They were talking about this on the Eye On College Basketball podcast, and apparently a number of the high schools won't work because the courts aren't long enough, ha ha.
    How does SMC get away with that?
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Am I reading this right? All of the games will be played in Atlanta? Does that mean that the entire first round, 32 games, will be played in Atlanta> And then the 16 second round games too? And so on and so forth? That seems strange.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!