Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 247 sports gonzaga analysis

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Let’s move on. Week and a wake up to tip off.
    Go ahead and move on, you've posted more comments on this topic than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Go ahead and move on, you've posted more comments on this topic than anyone else.
    Huh? Didn’t realize posts were rationed.

March would have been an interesting exercise last year. Petrusev was an enigma. Putting up offensive numbers on an elite team usually leads to individual postseason awards. Almost never does a defensive liability factor into accolades, especially the national recognition because most of the people voting on that didn't watch the games in depth enough to know how much allowing the opposition to score offset the offensive performance. Towards the end of the year, Petrusev was given more "rest" by Few in order to get more floor time for Timme. That happened in crucial stretches of the game more and more often. The interesting thing about March would have been Few's balancing act with that strategy. Petrusev would have had to accept sharing more time with Timme in order for the team to advance. It would have been a study in emotional maturity as the games progressed.

Now we can move on, Jazz. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    March would have been an interesting exercise last year. Petrusev was an enigma. Putting up offensive numbers on an elite team usually leads to individual postseason awards. Almost never does a defensive liability factor into accolades, especially the national recognition because most of the people voting on that didn't watch the games in depth enough to know how much allowing the opposition to score offset the offensive performance. Towards the end of the year, Petrusev was given more "rest" by Few in order to get more floor time for Timme. That happened in crucial stretches of the game more and more often. The interesting thing about March would have been Few's balancing act with that strategy. Petrusev would have had to accept sharing more time with Timme in order for the team to advance. It would have been a study in emotional maturity as the games progressed.

Now we can move on, Jazz. Haha
    Evidently, that's your one allowable post on this thread, Mark. Well used. And enigmatic in its own way.

Evidently, that's your one allowable post on this thread, Mark. Well used. And enigmatic in its own way.
    Enigmatic? Just call me the "Riddler" aka Edward Nygma.

Let's move on.

Huh? Didn’t realize posts were rationed.
    They're not, but I made 2 comments and I get a dismissive "let's move on" from you, yet 1/2 the comments on here are yours and you continue posting.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    They're not, but I made 2 comments and I get a dismissive "let's move on" from you, yet 1/2 the comments on here are yours and you continue posting.
    Apologies it wasn’t meant to be dismissive. Rather we each have a good POV so let’s move to the far more important subject of Kansas on Bird Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Enigmatic? Just call me the "Riddler" aka Edward Nygma.
    I liked the Frank Gorshin "Riddler" better. lol

Apologies it wasn’t meant to be dismissive. Rather we each have a good POV so let’s move to the far more important subject of Kansas on Bird Day.
    No worries, i probably wouldnt have been annoyed except i was already in a pissy mood today. I cant wait for Kansas!

petrusev seems to be getting a lot of flack on here...while filip certainly wasn't a defensive standout, i don't remember timme being that much better. is there any statistical evidence that indicates otherwise???

Iíve been away for a couple days and I see that most of you want to move on but please forgive me... I need a piece of this. Petro was an offensive star and the individual awards were no surprise. But was he great for the team? I donít think so. His defense was lacking to put it kindly. And forgive me again, but if you canít carry your weight on defense youíre not getting my respect unless youíre Adam Morrison (and he was a better defender then Phillip anyway). But to be honest it was his attitude that killed it for me. Seriously, have you seen any other Gonzaga player give up and turn his back on a play because he didnít get the ball passed to him?

Definitely wish him the best and I hope he matures in life and basketball, but I am looking forward to what this year could bring our team!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!