Thread: October 20, 2020 - Lady Zag Wbb Webinar - Anybody Listen In??

Default October 20, 2020 - Lady Zag Wbb Webinar - Anybody Listen In??

The Lady Zags held an online seminar tonight for the season ticket holders. The webinar was to include Head Coach Lisa Fortier along with Jill Townsend and Kayleigh Truong as they talked with Steve Myklebust.

I was never sent a link attend the webinar, so I could not listen in.

Did anybody listen in tonight and could they give us board members the heads-up on what was discussed tonight?

Thank You,

Tom

I think the webinar invitation was sent to all season ticket holders so you may want to check your junk/spam folder. The webinar lasted about 30 minutes. Coach Fortier talked about the difficulties of trying to finish an out of conference schedule and hope it would be concluded soon. She also discussed player development and some of the difficulties with practicing in this COVID climate. She was very positive on the prospects for the season and the growth she sees in the players, their dedication and discipline. Nothing really new that hasn’t been discussed on this board or in the Spokesman-Review.

The two young women were remarkable for their poise on camera and showed a lot of confidence. Truly very impressive. Kayleigh spoke about her transition to her sophomore year, her need to improve her assist to turn-over ratio and to find her leadership voice. Jill talked about what it meant to be a senior, her drive for improvement in herself and in the team. She also briefly discussed the impact of the fire on her parent ranch and the ranch owned by Chandler Smith’s parents. Both players stated the team goal was to win the WCC conference and championship followed by a deep run into the NCAA tournament.

Overall a very pleasant 30 minutes. But if you were expecting to hear some deep insights, details, or concerns about the upcoming season, you would have been disappointed. If however you were interested in assessing the character of the coach and some of the student athletes who represent the Zag Nation, you would have been very impressed and pleased. Remarkable young women.

Thanks for the update AirborneJag:

The webinar appears to have been about what I expected. It appears that, as is the case in every year, the Lady Zags are loaded with high character young women.

ZagDad