Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DZ's 9th Annual One BOLD Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    How bout Zags NOT making the dance for BOLD?
    Ouch, seems more sacrilegious than BOLD!

Just my opinion

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

At some point this season the Zags do a tribute to "Rui" wearing his kicks!

Go Zags!!!

Kick em..

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    Arlo puts Matt Haarms on a poster!
    After receiving a half cout aly-oop pass from Suggs, Arlo throws one down over Haarms at 7"4 to give Zags 50-32 lead at the half in Provo.
    Who is Arlo??

Marty

Quote Originally Posted by Zaga View Post
    At some point this season the Zags do a tribute to "Rui" wearing his kicks!

Go Zags!!!

Kick em..
    Sponsored by Cup Noodles, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    How bout Zags NOT making the dance for BOLD?
    I think I just threw up in my mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Club Prez View Post
    Who is Arlo??
    MARTYNAS ARLAUSKAS
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Default DZ's 9th Annual One BOLD Prediction Thread

Certainly, the prediction that the Zags don't make the dance is BOLD, at least if one assumes we have a tourney this year.

But there is nothing wrong with making BOLD predictions that would be frustrating (so long as we're not personally blasting the kids.)

And as this thread winds its way down a bit, I wanted to really encourage people who successfully made such a prediction to republish it, either in this thread or another one - it's fun to see who got their one right.
    Last edited by kitzbuel; 10-28-2020 at 07:03 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Hope I’m wrong, but my bold prediction is that for a second year in a row there will be no national champion. And for a second year in a row, GU will have been a 1-seed were it not for Covid.

I think that I'll go with Ballo having the most made 3pt shots of the guys 6'10"+

1. Drew Timme All American!
    2. Everybody know's who Oumar Ballo is after the Iowa game.

My official BOLD prediction: Corey Kispert becomes Gonzaga’s 4th member of the Bill Walton “Double/Double” club, joining Dan Dickau, Kelly Olynyk and Nigel Williams-Goss in making both the First Team (Top 5) Basketball All American and First Team (Top 5) Basketball Academic All American in the same season. Walton did it 3 times. This Century only 5 guys have done it. The 3 Zags mentioned above, Shane Battier (Duke) and D J Augustin (Texas).

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    My official BOLD prediction: Corey Kispert becomes Gonzaga’s 4th member of the Bill Walton “Double/Double” club, joining Dan Dickau, Kelly Olynyk and Nigel Williams-Goss in making both the First Team (Top 5) Basketball All American and First Team (Top 5) Basketball Academic All American in the same season. Walton did it 3 times. This Century only 5 guys have done it. The 3 Zags mentioned above, Shane Battier (Duke) and D J Augustin (Texas).
    I really like this well researched one. Kispert could be the real game changer. On the flip side, Walton is such a love/hate kind of guy (maybe not hate, but weirded out). He's incredibly smart, but INCREDIBLY unnerving on-air. If it's not a WCC game, I'm tapping out. I have no doubt that if I spent an afternoon with him, I would be talked over, really uncomfortable, and probably lying in a hammock, bean bag, or some other weird situation, but at the same time taking it in as if it was a moment in history. These kinds of people drive me crazy. Yeah, I'm the one that cringes with really uncomfortable movie scenes (hello Borat). Carry on.

I understand where you're coming from. I almost went that way, GoZags, but I'm just feeling that it's going to be Ayayi instead. Kispert is a great player but IMO just not a great scorer consistently. Kind of streaky. Ayayi, imo has the potential to be a big time scorer equivalent to Nigel.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I understand where you're coming from. I almost went that way, GoZags, but I'm just feeling that it's going to be Ayayi instead. Kispert is a great player but IMO just not a great scorer consistently. Kind of streaky. Ayayi, imo has the potential to be a big time scorer equivalent to Nigel.

Go Zags!!!
    Bornie, Cory hasn't had to be a big time scorer, doesn't mean he can't be, remember the pro-am game in Seattle when he was a senior in high school and dropped 30+ in that game. Not disagreeing just reminding you the skill set is there, stay safe...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Nice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Zag win Natty.

Now heading back to the Foo.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Zag win Natty.

Now heading back to the Foo.
    LIZF, we hardly knew ye.

PG Joel Ayayi will be one of the top 2 rebounders this year.

Dude has a knack.