• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zag buddy
    Banned
    • Dec 2007

Joel Ayayi impressed

For the latter, we turn to Joel Ayayi, all of 20 years old and something of a Gonzaga graybeard as he goes through his fourth preseason in a Zag uniform. He knows what to expect at practice, the grind of a five-month season and the soaring expectations that accompany each GU squad.

Seems like the team will gel early with an abundance of talent.
  • Zag Man
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2010

Thanks!

Originally posted by zag buddy View Post
    https://www.swxrightnow.com/stories/...-he-sees-earl/
    Seems like the team will gel early with an abundance of talent.
    Thanks for sharing this. I'm a big fan of Joel....he's going to have a monster year. Joel always seems to have his mind in the game and doing the little things that win games.

Comment

• SLOZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Appreciate the Post

Great interview. Exciting update.

Assuming Joel's quoted responses are written verbatim, I'm awed by not just Joel's savvy (for the game and for building a team), but also for his commanding communicative skills. For crying out loud, English is (at best) his SECOND LANGUAGE. He speaks better English than most of the native born (i.e. English speaking) professionals I encountered during my working days. Wow.
      SLOZag
      "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• White lightning
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2017

As we all want the most skilled recruits, its such a joy to watch players mature and grow as they develop over a few years at Gonzaga. Joel is a perfect example.

It takes mature juniors and seniors mixed with the highly skilled young players to win a National Championship. The team assembled this season has that mix. With a little luck they could make it happen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• ZagsGoZags
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

so encouraging, so much fun to read
          thanks for article

Comment

Working...
          X