Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kraziness in the kennel 2020?

Default Kraziness in the kennel 2020?

Has anyone heard if Kraziness is happening this year? Obviously it would be quite different than in years past. Iíd love to see them use the distancing protocols as a way to stream the event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i haven't missed a Kraziness in person since i first attended around 2005,
    would love to see some kind of virtual program that introduced the new and red shirt players more than we get in print

Kraziness is a special event for fans. I have attended all but one. I too am hoping for a video program to introduce the 2020/21 team. I really want the new team poster. Does anyone know if they are available this year in the Zag store on campus?

Go Zags!!!

I know we are a top program now, but still the small school in us shows in many respects:
    big schools often have pre season
    press releases on TV
    talk shows on their sports on TV
    video interviews with new players, etc.
    Heister, though lacking professionalism and with personality issues as a sportscaster, produced the decade of excellence 11 years ago, and that is the only special i can think of the GU has produced on the Zags, other than kraziness.
    nice that HBO did the series on the road to the Big Dance.
    Also I suppose the athletic dept and basketball staff are up to their ears in trying to get some games off the ground during Virus, and producing media for their fans to consume is about last on their list of importance.
    wouldn't it be great if Hudson and Ammo went around interviewing the new players?? !!! wow, that would be so great
    this opinion is just for pre-season
    once the games begin i really like the Mark Few show, press releases etc.

Default Kraziness in the kennel 2020?

I will say that around here in ACC and SEC country, college basketball is not on the radar at all.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bayÖ small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Ball View Post
    Has anyone heard if Kraziness is happening this year? Obviously it would be quite different than in years past. Iíd love to see them use the distancing protocols as a way to stream the event.

Heck Iíd pay to see an online live stream of this scrimmage for a 2020 Kraziness event and happily support GU athletics in the process. Veterans vs newbies, go stake your claim to a key role this year young stars!

Blue team:
    Cook
    Ayayi
    Kispert
    Watson
    Timme

Red team
    Suggs
    Harris
    Strawther
    Arlauskas/ Zakharov ???
    Ballo
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Heck Iíd pay to see an online live stream of this scrimmage for a 2020 Kraziness event and happily support GU athletics in the process. Veterans vs newbies, go stake your claim to a key role this year young stars!

Blue team:
    Cook
    Ayayi
    Kispert
    Watson
    Timme

Red team
    Suggs
    Harris
    Strawther
    Arlauskas/ Zakharov ???
    Ballo
    Sign me up to see that one as well. Although for fairness, I would swap Watson with Arlauskas and Zak. They played more that Watty, and that would even up the teams IMO

I never get to see them... so yes... please stream it!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    I know we are a top program now, but still the small school in us shows in many respects:
    big schools often have pre season
    press releases on TV
    talk shows on their sports on TV
    video interviews with new players, etc.
    Heister, though lacking professionalism and with personality issues as a sportscaster, produced the decade of excellence 11 years ago, and that is the only special i can think of the GU has produced on the Zags, other than kraziness.
    nice that HBO did the series on the road to the Big Dance.
    Also I suppose the athletic dept and basketball staff are up to their ears in trying to get some games off the ground during Virus, and producing media for their fans to consume is about last on their list of importance.
    wouldn't it be great if Hudson and Ammo went around interviewing the new players?? !!! wow, that would be so great
    this opinion is just for pre-season
    once the games begin i really like the Mark Few show, press releases etc.
    I donít think Heister is unprofessional at all. Is the banter over the top at times on broadcasts, sure. I can think of a lot if national guys I dislike far more.

Feels like an obvious opportunity to make some money to support the program.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I never get to see them... so yes... please stream it!
    Count me in!

I have heard that there will be calendars available, just not sure when or how to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    I have heard that there will be calendars available, just not sure when or how to get them.
    I hope they continue their poster giveaway.............

Go Zags!!!

Just saw in this AM's paper where Oklahoma St will live stream their first practice and have the coach miced up.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

I'd have to assume that there is no Kraziness this year. Or a scrimmage game or a pre-season game. Novermber 27th seems so far away, but it's a stone cold lock I will be glued to the TV when they play that night.

If the GU Women's program is having their annual Fan Fest event, is there's gotta be a chance they will be doing something for the Men's team, wouldn't you think?

https://gozags.com/news/2020/10/20/w...or-nov-10.aspx

SPOKANE, Wash. – Gonzaga women's basketball has finalized a date for Numerica Fan Fest for Nov. 10, at 6 p.m.

The 2020 edition of Numerica Fan Fest will be broadcast live locally on SWX, and streamed on GoZags.com. The event will occur with no fans in attendance, part of a controlled environment in Spokane coordinated by Gonzaga University and its Athletic Department. Gonzaga continues to work with the Spokane Regional Health District to implement appropriate COVID-19 protocols, as well, to help protect the health and safety all of players, coaches and staff.

Numerica Fan Fest will be the public's first look at the 2020-21 women's basketball team. The Zags will scrimmage each other during the event, and compete in contests. Fans will have a chance to listen to several student-athletes and coaches with interviews. Stay tuned to GoZags.com for more details of Numerica Fan Fest.

Something may be announced tomorrow night on the webinar with coaches and players that begins at 5:30 PTD. If it is, then it will also be posted on GoZags.com.

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneJag View Post
    Something may be announced tomorrow night on the webinar with coaches and players that begins at 5:30 PTD. If it is, then it will also be posted on GoZags.com.
    I am trusting a Men’s Basketball Fan Fest event of some sort accessible to online viewers will be announced soon. Not having one would be a colossal slap in the face to this team’s awesome fan base.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I am trusting a Menís Basketball Fan Fest event of some sort accessible to online viewers will be announced soon. Not having one would be a colossal slap in the face to this teamís awesome fan base.
    +1
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    +1
    I'm hoping they will resume the camps next summer. Big D will be nearly 11, a great time for attending camp.

I'm trying to talk my BIL into bringing my nephew. He's a huge Oklahoma fan, he needs to see how we do it, the Zag way. Last year, he took me to an OU football game, it was my first time on the campus in Norman. It was a city all unto itself. One of their 10 story dorms could easily hold a dozen DeSmets.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I'm hoping they will resume the camps next summer. Big D will be nearly 11, a great time for attending camp.

I'm trying to talk my BIL into bringing my nephew. He's a huge Oklahoma fan, he needs to see how we do it, the Zag way. Last year, he took me to an OU football game, it was my first time on the campus in Norman. It was a city all unto itself. One of their 10 story dorms could easily hold a dozen DeSmets.
    Iíll take one DeSmet over any number of their 10 story dorms.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bayÖ small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I’ll take one DeSmet over any number of their 10 story dorms.

You and me both, Kitz. I lived in DeSmet 3 out of 4 years. Such great memories, great friends made during those years. Also learned how to throw a frisbee straight as an arrow, an important life skill.

My sophomore year in Robinson House was great, too. The major memory was hearing "Black Water" by the Doobie Brothers, during keggers. Several baseball players lived there, including Lenn Sakata. I learned a lot about the great game from them.

Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm

2h
    Gonzaga will hold Kraziness in the Kennel on Nov. 12. No fans, will be televised.

������ ����������
    @SamAdamsTV

1h
    Gonzaga will host Kraziness in the Kennel on November 12th. No fans in attendance, but the intrasquad scrimmage will be televised live on KHQ that night at 8 pm.

According to Tom Hudson, host of the webinar tonight, Kraziness will be broadcast locally on KHQ. Beyond that, not a lot of news coming out of the webinar. GU does not anticipate fans at any home games but holds out the possibility. Corey and Joel were both very well spoken, talked about being the “old guys” and how excited they were to be back together. Joel said the new guys have well deserved reputations and are really talented. Joel closed out by saying he and Corey need to be the ones that give more back than they take from the program. An interesting thought.